OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 20:23

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Galaxy W6,T7 and T8
PostPosted: 17 Feb 2017, 00:58 

Blade: Galaxy w4
FH: H3 neo
BH: Ritc 563
Which blade pairs the best with hurricane 3 neo? My play style is looping but i also want consistency and speed too. Also, what is the difference between t7 and t8?

Post subject: Re: Galaxy W6,T7 and T8
PostPosted: 17 Feb 2017, 01:36 
Super User

Not tried the other....but the W6 is called the loop king....I found it to be excellent with H3 Neo.

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2017, 04:06 
Super User

Blade: OSP Ultimate II
FH: Xiom Ω VII Asia Max
BH: Xiom Ω VII Asia Max
Xander wrote:
Which blade pairs the best with hurricane 3 neo? My play style is looping but i also want consistency and speed too. Also, what is the difference between t7 and t8?

T7 = 3 wood + 2 alc
T8 = 5 wood + 2 alc

The wood on the W6 is reported to be Angola + Ayous + Ayous + Ayous + Angola. No idea what Angola wood is but Ayous is a soft wood.

I believe the wood on the T7/T8 is Juniper. Harder than Ayous and almost but not quite as hard as Koto.

I've not played with the W6 but H3 is good with T7. The W6, being all wood and softer, will have more vibration and more perceived dwell time. The T7/T8 will have a crisper feel and less perceived dwell time.

The T8 will be the fastest of the three.

Which pairs best with H3 Neo would be a matter of personal preference. All 3 blades are inexpensive and can be had for around $20 each (from aliexpress) so you could just try all 3 yourself.

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2017, 19:02 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Xander wrote:

Any of these blades (and pretty much all other blades) will "work" with Hurricane 3, but the blades themselves are very different from each other. W6 is a slowish looping blade, while the T7 and T8 (T7s and T8s now.. :lol: ) are arylate-carbon blades, very very fast. The T8, in particular, has the reputation of being rocket-like. So the question you ask isn't the proper one - the proper question to ask is "what do I want in a blade"? A faster blade is, all other things being equal, harder to control than a slower blade. Heck, just go ahead and buy all three, they aren't all that expensive. And then you can answer the question yourself.. :lol:

Oh wait.. didn't you JUST ask this same question is a totally separate thread? Why not just add another post to that thread rather than make a new one?

Iskandar

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!