OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 06:33

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2017, 00:19 

Thank you to Joo Se Kev for the rubber and here is the review:

The rubber is called Reactor Corbor, and it is 2.0mm thickness. I have it in black and put it on my Joo Se Hyuk blade. The other side is DHS cloud and fog 3. Before getting Reactor Corbor, I had a dead rubber on my blade.

First time using it: I played with it for about 2.5 hours

Reactor Corbor at first is very sticky. I was thrown off by it because usually I like to bounce the ball on the paddle but with this rubber it would just die and stick to the rubber. I could have the ball stuck to the rubber then lift up my paddle and throw the ball at someone like a lacrosse pass. When first playing with the rubber, it seems like it just kills the spin from any ball given to you. Receiving top spin if I just block the ball back it goes over the net and then just dies...very sticky

The rubber is slow because of this, very different from rubbers like Tenergy. I used my friends paddle with tenergy and the ball flies of the paddle or catapault effect is how people say it. With Reactor Corbor it is much different. With Reactor Corbor it was not as difficult to hit topspin shots from incoming underspin. One of my friends has an underspin serve that usually I can not loop back. With Reactor Corbor I was able to do a fast backhand topspin shot two times in a row with it, and I didn't even practice that shot, just went for it.

During the time I played with the rubber, I was able to place the shots where I wanted to with not that much difficulty, I found it easier to push backspin back over the net, or if it was a little high I did not have any trouble hitting topspin shots from incoming backspin. My serves were still pretty spinny.

At the end of the 2.5 hours most of the stickiness in the rubber was gone. I was not really surprised because its happened with a DHS premade paddle I used once. Also a lot of stuff from the ball which was on the carpet and maybe dirty table got onto the rubber, and I used my friends sponge and cleaned the rubber with water once I finished playing with it.

I will add more when I play a second and third time. I did not try chopping that much with this rubber, I could try that next time a little more though.

---------------------------------
Second Time playing: I played another 2.5-3 hours and after a half hour the effects of the stickiness were totally gone pretty much. The area where I hit the ball on the rubber is now totally smooth, and now I feel like the true nature of the rubber has revealed itself haha. I haven't played with this kind of rubber before so I can not compare it with anything but basically it is very hard. When I hit the ball I can not feel like the ball is going into the rubber at all. It has a very hard feeling.

The control id say is still good, the only thing is I can not really do the same topspin shot when returning backspin balls, it just goes straight down because the stickiness is all gone. My serves were still pretty spinny though, and I could do some spinny shots with a lot of effort and I chopped a bit with it also and it was good although it is not enjoyable as it once was for the first 2 hours :P

I will play with it once more but not sure if I will have too much more to say, I will also be reviewing the used Xiom Vega Pro from Joo Se Kev as well later this week! So stay tuned for that! :P

-------------------------------------------------------------
Third time playing: I played about 3 hours,

The rubber at this point is pretty dead. It is slow but easy to control at least. I can still serve and get spin with it which is good, and can still get some topspin if I put lots of effort into it. I also chopped a bunch this time and it was pretty good, my chops were controlled and I got the ball on the table a lot.

I played 9 games with someone who uses tenergy 05 and generates lots of spin. We got back from the table and got into long rallies, he had lots of spin, but I could still hit controlled shots back to the other side of the table, and aiming was not much of an issues. The rubber was also pretty good for blocking.

In conclusion, the rubber starts off very sticky, and has the effects described the first time playing, I could get that lacrosse effect and I could lift backspin and sometimes when I blocked the ball over the net it would die and so on... Later, the stickyness went away and the rubber is pretty smooth but still a little grip. The rubber is hard and slow and good for controlling the ball.

Last edited by benc6190 on 13 Mar 2017, 07:30, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2017, 01:48 
Sitting on Defence
Sitting on Defence

Blade: TSP Trinity Carbon
FH: Tibhar MX-S 2.0mm
BH: Viper 0.5mm
Thanks for posting the review! I've actually never tried this rubber, just had it sitting around :)

Personalized Online Performance Coaching for Table Tennis now available!

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2017, 08:29 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Donic Baracuda Big Slam
BH: Victas Triple Regular
Nice review ben :up:

Not surprising the intial tack wore off and interested to hear whether it retains its initial properties. If you want to retain maximum tackiness, don't forget to put a plastic protector sheet on it after you have cleaned and dried and smooth it on with a plastic card to remove air bubbles.

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2017, 19:24 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Thanks for the review ben :up: :up: :up:

Keep a plastic protection sheet on the rubber after you finish cleaning it, if you want to retain some of the stickiness.

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2017, 20:10 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Yeah, Corbor is pretty sticky starting out, but I can't say I've ever seen a sheet THAT sticky (to where you can pick up balls for a long time). Was this in the 2-for-1 pink pack, the white "Corbor Pro" pack (one sheet per pack) or in the blue pack? The pink and the white pack ones are about $5 a sheet or less, the blue is $10 so I've never tried it. Probably a different sponge.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2017, 23:15 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
For that price, I would not expect much consistency.

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2017, 23:20 

Tan sponge. But I didnt pick up the ball. When I dropped the ball on the paddle it stuck after 1 bounce maybe 2. Then I could throw the ball like a lacrosse pass the ball would stuck until the end of the stroke. :p

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2017, 00:33 
Super User

Blade: Palio WAY-003
FH: Yinhe Mars II medium
BH: Yinhe 955
Just out of curiousity: What ball(s) did you use?

This lacrosse-effect does remind me on the already smoothened Butterfly G40+ Master Quality...

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2017, 00:39 

Nittaku premium 3 star 40+

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2017, 03:37 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

benc6190 wrote:
Tan sponge. But I didnt pick up the ball. When I dropped the ball on the paddle it stuck after 1 bounce maybe 2. Then I could throw the ball like a lacrosse pass the ball would stuck until the end of the stroke. :p

The stuff in the pink packets (the 2 for 1 packs) have an electric yellow sponge. What color packet did yours come in?

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=25211#p269125

The ball dying on the paddle after one or two bounces is not uncommon - the most extreme I've seen was Hurricane 3. That one continued to do it long after the tackiness was gone, for some reason.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2017, 02:29 

It is the blue packet, it also has a cube on it like in that pink package. My friend got a hurricane 3 once and it wasn't that sticky at all for him! Some people it seems the hurricane 3 is very sticky for and some not. I have a DHS premade with skyline 2 and hurricane 3 on it, both were incredibly sticky, i got a couple from a family friend when I was in China. One is penhold and I havent used it, and the other is shakehand and I let one of my friends use it so I cant say much about it, but this: I could lift the ball up with the paddle for like 10 seconds, it was amazing to me since I had never seen that before haha.

Also I updated the original post for the second time I used it.

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2017, 07:31 

updated the review, it is finished now

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2017, 09:10 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Ah.. the blue Corbor is the one I haven't tried yet. It costs twice as much as the pink Corbor. The pink stuff's actually quite good but with my sheets there was a weight issue - half of the sheets weighed 10 grams more than the other sheets.

Iskandar