OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 21:46

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2017, 23:46 

Hi everyone,
Thank you to Joo Se Kev for the rubber and here is the review:

The rubber is called Xiom Omega V Pro I believe. It has the letter V on the rubber so I think it is V. This is a used rubber and I don't have the package.
---------------------------------------------
First time using:
I played for about 2.5 hours got a pretty good feel for the rubber, I will still play with it a couple more times probably.
This rubber is not sticky, and it only has very little grip on the ball, maybe because it is used. This rubber is a fast one, and I noticed it says tensor on it. I don't think it is as fast as the tenergy 05 rubber but it is pretty fast.

When I played with it, I could hit faster balls than I could with reactor corbor for example. However, I did not have as much control. Sometimes I would hit a shot I thought was ok but then the ball would go off the side of the table. Also, maybe because I could not grip the ball that much, my topspin shots were going out and did not have that much topspin. It takes some more effort to spin the ball during play and during serve as well.

The rubber is pretty sensitive to the spin of the incoming ball. The rubber has the catapult effect although I would say it is not as big of an effect as tenergy 05. It was good for me when returning no spin fast balls because I could block the ball back and it would be a very fast block. I could do a full stroke to return the ball or try to hit the ball very hard but it was a little risky the ball can go off the table easily. Maybe I just need more practice with it though.

First glance at chopping tells me it can be done but not very controlled and hard to do. I surprisingly got the first chop I tried in, and I kept getting them on the table, but they were very high and I had no control over where the ball would land on the table. Maybe this is also just something that will take more time to practice, but I don't usually chop with my inverted rubber anyways.

Twiddling and hitting with it on my backhand worked because the speed of the rubber helped me get some power so I could make the shot even if my twiddle was a little miss timed or just because my backhand is weaker since I usually play with long pips.

I will update next times I play with it!