OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:30

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Help me pick a bat
PostPosted: 11 May 2017, 21:12 

Hello people.
I'm from India and I've been playing TT for about a year in my office. I just use the racquet that my office provides(GKI Kung Fu Dx). I want to buy a new bat. Please help me pick one which will help my game.

I pretty much do chop(backspin?) all the time, I'm not too keen on pace or power, I love those loopy topspin shots, just now started playing those(I keep missing often and very inconsistent), which bat would assist me in this, chop and top spin? I can't afford a costly bat, 1500-2000 INR(20 USD to 28 USD) is my budget.

Post subject: Re: Help me pick a bat
PostPosted: 11 May 2017, 23:34 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Victas VS401
BH: Victas Triple Regular
There's a couple decent bats around for that price. Can't remember exactly but it's called something like a yinhe 1A.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 12 May 2017, 01:57 

Cobalt wrote:
There's a couple decent bats around for that price. Can't remember exactly but it's called something like a yinhe 1A.

I see there is a brand called Yinhe, no such thing as 1A. I need a bat which assists top spin and chop. These two are pretty much what I can play.

PostPosted: 12 May 2017, 08:03 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Our club sells the DHS3002 and 729 Friendship Fighter, and have sold the Friendship 2020 in the past. They are all pretty good bats for the price and available from http://www.tabletennisshop.com.au

I've used them all and if I had my pick I'd go with the Fighter. Very little in it though, you probably wouldn't even notice.

PostPosted: 12 May 2017, 21:28 

Cobalt wrote:
Our club sells the DHS3002 and 729 Friendship Fighter, and have sold the Friendship 2020 in the past. They are all pretty good bats for the price and available from http://www.tabletennisshop.com.au

I've used them all and if I had my pick I'd go with the Fighter. Very little in it though, you probably wouldn't even notice.

I'm not able to find the 729 friendship online or anywhere in India. I read about Palio Expert 2 being very good, Palio CJ8000 rubber is also awesome going by the reviews. But the premade Palio Expert 2 is out of my budget. I see aliexpress is selling Palio CJ8000 rubber cheap, which blade would be ideal for this if I'm going for a custom made one?

PostPosted: 12 May 2017, 21:49 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Matsushita Pro
FH: Rakza Z
BH: Dawei 388D-1
Something like this would not be far off the mark.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/produc ... 26758.html

You could even put a little cash away to put to new rubbers when you reach that stage.

PostPosted: 12 May 2017, 22:07 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

ooak1102 wrote:
Cobalt wrote:

I see there is a brand called Yinhe, no such thing as 1A. I need a bat which assists top spin and chop. These two are pretty much what I can play.

Looked in my Yinhe catalog, there is indeed no 1A. However, there are 1B, 1C and 1D. (or rather - 01B,C and D) :lol: I've no idea why there isn't a 1A, maybe it was the penhold version and they dropped it.

Anyhoo.... if you want a 01B, get one here:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-sh ... 55952.html

I have one, it works fine - I can definitely "top spin and chop" with it. Mine has Yinhe 9000 on it. If you're lucky, you might end up with Jupiter, or Venus, or maybe even Big Dipper... :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 12 May 2017, 22:17 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

I referenced the ooakshop as this thread appeared under their subforum. Eacheng has all sorts of good cheap cheap bats.

PostPosted: 12 May 2017, 23:01 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Defence Alpha
FH: Donic Slice 40 CD 1.5 mm
BH: LKTStrgr+KokBLuJap 1.1 mm
ooak1102 wrote:
Hello people.
I'm from India and I've been playing TT for about a year in my office. I just use the racquet that my office provides(GKI Kung Fu Dx). I want to buy a new bat. Please help me pick one which will help my game.

I pretty much do chop(backspin?) all the time, I'm not too keen on pace or power, I love those loopy topspin shots, just now started playing those(I keep missing often and very inconsistent), which bat would assist me in this, chop and top spin? I can't afford a costly bat, 1500-2000 INR(20 USD to 28 USD) is my budget.

Hm,

You could try these, for chop or loop under USD 30. Btw, Galaxy is Yinhe. Their blade have great quality. ;)

Blade

Palio CAT
Galaxy 896
Donic Testra AR
Galaxy Earth E-3
Friendship/729 V-6
KTL (LKT) Ayous Hinoki
Dawei Matrix

Rubber. Pretty much most "traditional" Chinese rubber fit for chop and loop style. Just pick the thickest available when you are in doubt. I pick those under USD 10 ;)

XuShaoFa 999 LSZ
Friendship/729 729
Sanwei T88-I
Butterfly SOFT D13
Palio CJ8000 Biotech 40-42°
Kokutaku Tokyo 868
Tibhar Phantom X-Press
Globe 999T
Dawei Navigator GT-A4
Guo Qiu Future Fighter

Small advice though, they play complete opposite than your GKI.

Most premade combi play like blocker combi, designed to be low speed low spin for great control for recreational player, and,

Combi above very spinny and susceptible to spin, so takes time to get used to. ;)

Sent from my i5E using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 13 May 2017, 01:43 

iskandar taib wrote:
ooak1102 wrote:
Cobalt wrote:

Looked in my Yinhe catalog, there is indeed no 1A. However, there are 1B, 1C and 1D. (or rather - 01B,C and D) :lol: I've no idea why there isn't a 1A, maybe it was the penhold version and they dropped it.

Anyhoo.... if you want a 01B, get one here:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-sh ... 55952.html

I have one, it works fine - I can definitely "top spin and chop" with it. Mine has Yinhe 9000 on it. If you're lucky, you might end up with Jupiter, or Venus, or maybe even Big Dipper... :lol:

Iskandar

I know you can top spin and chop with it, point is can I? will it assist my game? :)

I do chop very well right now, my forehand topspin or loop is extremely inconsistent, if I buy this bat and practice with it will it be good for me?

And what's the difference between jupiter or venus ?

PostPosted: 13 May 2017, 01:45 

BeGo wrote:
ooak1102 wrote:
Hello people.

Hm,

You could try these, for chop or loop under USD 30. Btw, Galaxy is Yinhe. Their blade have great quality. ;)

Blade

Palio CAT
Galaxy 896
Donic Testra AR
Galaxy Earth E-3
Friendship/729 V-6
KTL (LKT) Ayous Hinoki
Dawei Matrix

Rubber. Pretty much most "traditional" Chinese rubber fit for chop and loop style. Just pick the thickest available when you are in doubt. I pick those under USD 10 ;)

XuShaoFa 999 LSZ
Friendship/729 729
Sanwei T88-I
Butterfly SOFT D13
Kokutaku Tokyo 868
Tibhar Phantom X-Press
Globe 999T
Dawei Navigator GT-A4
Guo Qiu Future Fighter

Most premade combi play like blocker combi, designed to be low speed low spin for great control for recreational player, and,

Combi above very spinny and susceptible to spin, so takes time to get used to. ;)

Will it be extremely difficult to move from GKI to these bats? I know one of my colleagues bought an high end Donic bat and could not play very well, he ended up using the gki again.

Also are there any premade bats available? I'm not too keen on sticking and cutting the rubber myself, or alternatively is it easy to cut and stick?

PostPosted: 13 May 2017, 03:32 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

ooak1102 wrote:
I know you can top spin and chop with it, point is can I? will it assist my game? :)

I do chop very well right now, my forehand topspin or loop is extremely inconsistent, if I buy this bat and practice with it will it be good for me?

And what's the difference between jupiter or venus ?

Um, if I can chop with it anyone can chop with it... :lol: It's not exactly something Joo Se Hyuk (or a 1700+ level chopper - most would want long pips at least..) would find adequate, but... As far as assisting your game.. beats me. If you're looking for a magic bat that will increase your ratings 200 points, it doesn't exist (or at least, it doesn't exist now that those frictionless long pips have been banned.. :lol: ). There isn't even even one that will raise your rating by 50 points. What WILL do it is this special rubber. It's called MOAR Practice.

Now.. as far as being a perfectly adequate racket for a developing player in the U-1400 category, it's plenty good enough. Can you do better? Sure! It'll just cost you a leeetle bit more money (see one of the earlier posts about the Sanwei M8/Batwings combo for $16). Or you can spend a LOT more money (something like a Stiga Allround with, say, two sheets of Sriver) and get something marginally "better".

Jupiter vs. Venus? Again, beats me.. I've tried Venus but not Jupiter. As far as I remember both are typical Chinese tacky sheets, and will play more or less the same - this is the conclusion I've come to after trying all sorts of Chinese sheets. Besides, you only get these IF YOU'RE LUCKY - I'll bet most of these bats come with the (excellent) Yinhe 9000.. it's only when Yinhe has surplus sheets of Venus or Jupiter, or blems, they'll put them on these bats.

I guess the point is this. Don't over-think it. There are THOUSANDS of blade/rubber combos that will work. Just get something adequate, and then stick with it for the next year or so. (This does mean staying away from, say, Double Fish pre-mades, or Donic/Schildkrot/Stiga K-Mart Specials.)

OR if you feel like it.. go ape. Buy lots of blades and rubbers and try them all. It's your money, after all... :lol: I mean, life is short, table tennis isn't exactly expensive even if you're talking about Viscarien and Tenergies (check out what a decent set of golf clubs will set you back..).

(What's a GKI? :lol: )

Iskandar

PostPosted: 13 May 2017, 09:29 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Defence Alpha
FH: Donic Slice 40 CD 1.5 mm
BH: LKTStrgr+KokBLuJap 1.1 mm
ooak1102 wrote:
BeGo wrote:
ooak1102 wrote:
Hello people.

Hm,

Blade

Palio CAT
Galaxy 896
Donic Testra AR
Galaxy Earth E-3
Friendship/729 V-6
KTL (LKT) Ayous Hinoki
Dawei Matrix

XuShaoFa 999 LSZ
Friendship/729 729
Sanwei T88-I
Butterfly SOFT D13
Kokutaku Tokyo 868
Tibhar Phantom X-Press
Globe 999T
Dawei Navigator GT-A4
Guo Qiu Future Fighter

Will it be extremely difficult to move from GKI to these bats? I know one of my colleagues bought an high end Donic bat and could not play very well, he ended up using the gki again.

Also are there any premade bats available? I'm not too keen on sticking and cutting the rubber myself, or alternatively is it easy to cut and stick?

Table tennis shop can help you with assembly. ;)

You may needs 3 to 4 * 4 hours play session to adjust. First feel will be miserable, the ball like goes everywhere, but not that hard to adjust. ;)

PostPosted: 14 May 2017, 01:47 

After much contemplation I've thinned down the options to these,

Sanwei M8 blade with 2x 729 Super FX - 35$
Sanwei M8 blade with 2x 729 - 17$
Friendship 729 Original with 2x 729 classic pips-in - 15$
CJ8000 rubber plus Sanwei M8 blade

Please suggest any one of these, I feel like I'm going crazy reading all the info about table tennis equipment.

729 vs 729 Fx whats the difference? Which is more spinnier and which is faster? I'm planning on buying in aliexpress, the images of their bats shows various numbers like 1, 5 for the 729 rubber, what are these? Do they make any difference?

is Sanwei M8 a good blade or should I go for the Friendship blade if Im going for Friendship 729 rubber?

CJ8000 vs Friendship 729 vs Friendship 729 FX. which one of these should I go for?

PostPosted: 14 May 2017, 02:45 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

You're going to hate this answer but.. any of the above will work plenty fine.

729 vs. 729FX - the latter is somewhat tackier and softer, might feel a little faster, but in the end plays about the same. CJ8000 - purportedly even softer, also tacky, but it won't make much difference if any. It does have a great drawback, search the forum for "CJ8000 dish" and you'll see, but if you're going to get the vendor to assemble the racket for you it won't apply to you. If you want to go crazy, I'll point out that there's also a 729-2, 729-3, 729-4, 729-5, 729-08, 729FX with black sponge, 729FX with big pore sponge, etc., and there's about a dozen and a half varieties of CJ8000. Good luck sorting all that out. You might also consider Yinhe 9000 (get them in the "no name" 2-for-1 packs, much cheaper AND lighter) and Yinhe Mercury II (both are in the $5 a sheet range if you look around). Get the blade and rubbers from the same "shop" on AliExpress (search the forum for "Eacheng" for an explanation - it's complicated.. :lol: ) and they should be willing to glue the rubbers on for you at no extra cost. Understanding Eacheng will help you save a few dollars... and pay attention to them coupons.

The Sanwei M8 blade is a fantastic blade, regardless of what it costs.

If you're in India, make sure this problem doesn't apply to you: :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=5222&start=30#p336880

Iskandar