OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 16:15

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 23 May 2017, 20:50 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Victas VS401
BH: Victas Triple Regular
iskandar taib wrote:
The W6 is actually pretty slow, but is well regarded as a looping bat. It's supposedly a copy of a popular Yasaka blade (I forget which one). The M8 is what I currently use, it's very, very nice despite the price, and don't let the "Junior" designation put you off. Here's a couple of links:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hot-sel ... 22548.html

(Still under nine bucks! Get two or three, ask for similar weights.)

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Origina ... 53294.html

Price is higher but free shipping.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Sh ... 20589.html

Batwings combo

Iskandar

W6 I think it's clone of Yasaka Extra. I think the word 'slow' though gives the wrong impression. Sounds like you won't be able to clear the net to hit a winner. This is certainly not the case and in my view up to a certain level, including me, if you can't win with a slow blade, you probably shouldnt use a faster one anyway.

Not sure about the batwings rubbers either. If you want to be looping I think there are better options. For flat hitting and pushing its probably pretty good though.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Cobalt on 24 May 2017, 23:14, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 24 May 2017, 03:38 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Yeah, I didn't mean willow-chopping-blade-slow, I meant it was slow in the spectrum of blades I've tried (the N11 being quite a bit faster and the M8 being a little bit faster). When first trying it out I'd put balls in the net. I ended up selling mine, mainly because someone wanted to buy it but also because it was just a tad heavier than I like.

Hard Chinese rubbers like 729, Yinhe 9000, Corbor, etc. work OK for looping but you do have to put more effort into it. Not as much as you need with (unboosted) H3, though... :lol: After using Rasant and Rasant Turbo, doing a lot of practice loops and comparing them with Chinese rubbers back to back, I came to the conclusion that rubbers like THAT make some sorts of looping easier. Mainly loops against backspin (maybe it's the "high throw" people talk about.. if so Tenergy 05 would be even better..). I must admit, I haven't played all that much with Batwings - all of those more expensive rubbers in my collection took up most of my playing time because, well, since they were expensive, I wanted to get my money's worth out of them... :lol: Still haven't gotten around to Kangaroo and Eagle yet, mainly because Tin Arc works OK and there's this thing called inertia, which applies as much to the act of changing rubbers as well as it does to bodies with mass... :lol:

Iskandar