OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 01:35

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2017, 13:25 

Hello i guys i've been playing table tennis for 5-6 years with a cheap dunlop racket.But when i played in tournaments i used a premade cornilleau racket.So i don't exactly know how to explain my play style.I looked up for blades and rubbers for like 6-7 hours and i know that my forehand play style suits the offensive play style.I usually go for loop and topspin plays whenever it is possible and try to score rapidly with my FH.But on my backhand i go offensive when its possible but when the opponent is forehand looping i usually play with backhand and give spin to the ball and aiming at the opposite side of where my opponent is at.Anyways i looked up lots of blades and rubbers and finally decided as it follows :
Blade : Stiga Offensive Wood NCT
FH : DHS Hurricane 3 NEO
BH : ????
Now i don't know what to buy for blackhand.I've heard lots of people using DHS Hurricane 3 NEO on FH with Tenergy 05 or 64 on BH.But the problem is my racket is already expensive enough soi cant buy the butterfly rubbers for backhand.I'm thinking of buying DHS Hurricane 3 NEO on BH aswell but does that suit my playstyle i don't really know.Do you guys have any suggestions for a BH rubber for me?Thanks in advance

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2017, 14:18 

Blade: Prasidha Premade CPEN
FH: Globe 999 Commercial
BH: Moon
bluestar420 wrote:
...But the problem is my racket is already expensive enough soi cant buy the butterfly rubbers for backhand

If you're on a budget, don't get Stiga Offensive NCT. Get a Yinhe or LKT All Wood.
Get either DHS PF4, Globe 999 or 729 Super FX (Black) for Forehand and Dawei Inspirit Quattro (Red) on Backhand.

Now WHICH Yinhe or LKT All Wood??? I don't know. There are about 20 to choose from. I guess ask the manufacturer which one is in the 5.8mm-6mm range with Off to Off- speed.

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2017, 15:43 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Donic Baracuda Big Slam
BH: Victas Triple Regular
You description is very hard to make a recommendation as players from beginner to expert would describe themselves the same way.

Some questions that might help are: -

- Can you and do you often loop the opponents backspin
- Where do you play ie club, home etc
- Who do you play against?
- What level would you describe yourself

What is your budget and where do you plan to buy from ?

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2017, 18:56 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Great rubber for the backhand:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2x-Gala ... 53505.html

And get this blade instead of the Stiga, you'll save.. um, quite a bit of money?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hot-sel ... 22548.html

Should be just as good, really.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2017, 19:42 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Matsushita Pro
FH: Rakza Z
BH: Dawei 388D-1
Until you actually try something more recognisable, it is difficult to know what you are looking for. Generally, pre-mades are very dead, but I had one Dunlop that was very lively, although it still lacked real power and spin.

If you are set on your original choice, expect to take a while to get used to it. And look at Xiom Vega Intro for the BH, so that you get the (hard tacky Chinese/soft springier tensioned) rubber mix that many top players used, without spending a fortune.

But, also consider something less "definite" for a first custom set up as well. A simple all-wood blade, without any new tech, and some neutral rubber, ie a classic Japanese or European rubber without speed-glue effect. The setup you are currently looking at will, to some extent, determine the way you play, rather than you buying the setup that suits your style, if you see what I mean.

I could be totally wrong, of course, as I know a few players who have used a pre-made for many years, and have very highly developed styles.

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2017, 18:49 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Yeah, most Euro (Stiga, Donic, Dunlop, Halex, even Sunflex and Butterfly) pre-mades are way too heavy and way too slow. There are exceptions - Butterfly does make some premium pre-mades. Chinese ones, though - DHS, 729 and Yinhe - seem quite usable, they put the same rubber on them that they sell separately. Except for Double Fish - those are pretty bad.

Iskandar