OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 08:59

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Equipment you have LOVED
PostPosted: 27 Jun 2017, 20:35 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Donic Baracuda Big Slam
BH: Victas Triple Regular
Have you ever played with either a rubber or blade that you just loved, it put a smile on your face when you used it and couldn't wait to have another hit with it.

Maybe the novelty has worn off but you are still using it or maybe it was when you were younger and was excited at the thought of using the same equipment as your favourite pro.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2017, 22:36 
Super User

Blade: DHS PowerG-9 OFF++
FH: Yasaka Rakza X
BH: Palio Thor
DHS TG2 Neo ! :-) My first experiment with Chinese tacky rubber :-D Everyone else was on H3 Neo and TG3 Neo, and they were all struggling like anything to adapt to them. Meantime I was smacking balls right and left landing it all on the white lines :rofl: You should have seen the grin on my face a mile wide :-D

1. FH/BH-YRakza9/XOmegaVT
    2. FH/BH-TSP Spectol/Yinhe Qing OX
  • 729 Bomb C-P : FH/BH-DHS H2 Orig/DHS H3 Orig
  • TSP Versal :
    1. FH/BH-XOmegaVA/YJupiter-II
    2. FH/BH-*blank*
Fun blades:
  • Yasaka Battle Balsa(ST) : FH/BH- DHS TG2Neo/Gewo HypeXT 47
  • Dr. Neubauer
    High Technology
    Cypress-Carbon(ST)
    ***************************** : FH/BH-YRakza7/YRakza7
==========================================================

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2017, 22:37 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Defence Alpha
FH: Donic Slice 40 CD 1.5 mm
BH: LKTStrgr+KokBLuJap 1.1 mm
Cobalt wrote:
Have you ever played with either a rubber or blade that you just loved, it put a smile on your face when you used it and couldn't wait to have another hit with it.

Maybe the novelty has worn off but you are still using it or maybe it was when you were younger and was excited at the thought of using the same equipment as your favourite pro.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

Tackiness Chop 2, 1.1 mm,

Joy!!! In chopping. ;)

Too expensive for me to buy now :cry:

Sent from my i5E using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2017, 23:01 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Matsushita Pro
FH: Rakza Z
BH: Dawei 388D-1
I started playing table tennis at the age of about 11/12, when I first started at Gilles Plains High School, in Adelaide. The Beatles came to Adelaide in that year. We used to play in the lunch sheds, huge three-sided corrugated iron buildings, one side open to the outdoors, on a home made table, with, initially, a plywood "net", which was soon broken and replaced with whatever could be made to fill the purpose. I am a little hazy about where the bats came from, but I played with all sorts, including conventional hardbats, sandpaper bats, bats we made from scrap pieces of ply, and occasionally, a recognisable sponge plus rubber topsheet bat, usually pimples out. This was what I aspired to.

So when the time came for me to legitimately get my own, my parents bought me an Oliver brand bat with Butterfly C-04 rubbers. with a Syd Morgan signature. (Local SA player). I have mentioned this elsewhere on the forum. But after I got this bat, it was some time before I was beaten on the lunch table. We used to get to school hours early, to play before school, and we left hours late, to play some more. Until a friend got his own real table, and then we used to play at his for hours every day, especially during the holidays. We (well, at least one of us) were obsessed. I remember one day being unable to find a non-broken ball, so I raided my snorkel, removing and using the plastic ball that acted as a valve (possibly making me one of the first ever users of a plastic ball?), until I broke that too.

I kept that bat for all of my playing "career" in Oz, and when I was 14, my family returned to England. I brought it with me, using it in the on-board ship tournament, where I came second in both singles and doubles.

I still have that bat. Somewhere along the line, I broke it, the handle snapping clean off. However, I didn't play much after arriving back in England (health reasons), so I put it away. I can still remember the feeling of invincibility that bat gave me. There are severe wear marks around the thumb and finger positions on the rubber, now at least 53 years old... The two bits were roughly shoved together and held with whatever glue I had around at the time. Although my health was the ab initio cause of my break from the game, the breaking of the bat was the much more symbolic factor.

If I pick it up now, I can become 14 years old again.

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2017, 23:47 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Donic Baracuda Big Slam
BH: Victas Triple Regular
Top story darucla, thanks for sharing :up: :up: and I'm glad I asked. :)

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2017, 10:41 

Blade: Darker Speed90 CP
FH: Prov H3
BH: Andro Beat
Darker Speed 90. Nothing can come close to the feel of single ply kiso hinoki.

Soft touch on short game, faster than carbon catapult when looping hard. It is like part of my hand because how amazing the feel is.

Just by looking at the handcrafted beauty will put a smile on my face.

Passionate about TT

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2017, 18:03 

good :)

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2017, 16:18 
Super User

Blade: Acoustic Carbon Inner ST
FH: Rakza Z
BH: Rakza Z
I loved the handle on my Butterfly Chuan Chih Yuan ST. And the Karis rubbers on it.
Attachment:
Butterfly Chuan Chih Yuan with box.jpg
Butterfly Chuan Chih Yuan with box.jpg [ 932.82 KiB | Viewed 6947 times ]

I left it behind at the first round of this season's pennant 10 weeks ago, and never saw it again. The rubbers are replaceable, but the blade was a relatively unpopular model that's long out of production. I moved on to a Nittaku Acoustic Carbon Inner ST after a couple of months of futzing around with the WSC V1/Tenergy 05/Aurus Soft bat I had been using last year.

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2017, 18:05 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
I loved Dr. Neubauer Super Block, but it got banned. :swear:

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2017, 20:23 

Avalox BT555.

It got wrecked by a glue sheet / oversealing. So I just bought another one.

My memory of this blade is blocking insanely fast power loops, with massive dwell from the flex, sending the ball back to precisely where I wanted it. The complete opposite of modern alc/carbon blades. Looping had a massive margin for error, it was difficult to send the ball long.

Also: T05, for the great control that comes with such a fast and spinny rubber.
Also: Big Dipper, for the combination of an awesome touch game, fast driving and spinny looping. It's the very definition of dynamic. I just tried a 2 year old sheet on one of my blades and it still performs well. A tad slow, but still massively spinny.

PostPosted: 31 May 2020, 12:25 

Blade: Gambler Oversize Kevlar
FH: RITC 802 OX
BH: RITC 802 OX
My hardbat:LKT Toxic 3 with Dr. Evil in a hardbat match with the 38mm ball. A good hardbat match with that equipment is a true joy!

PostPosted: 31 May 2020, 16:33 

Blade: Joola Carbon Pro
FH: LKT Rapid Speed 1.8
BH: Tibhar Grass D'tecs - OX
The TSP bamboo curl 1.5 before ban. It felt unfair to have a LP that could basically do everything, or so it seemed when I was young. But after a whole lot of years I played with an old sheet again, it was so slow. It wasn't for who I had become anymore, I had to come to dislike the style and longed for the D'tecs with every stroke. Should have left it alone and cherish the memory... still a sick LP though.

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2020, 01:26 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

darucla wrote:
So when the time came for me to legitimately get my own, my parents bought me an Oliver brand bat with Butterfly C-04 rubbers. with a Syd Morgan signature. (Local SA player).

Back in the day, Butterfly only sold two types of sandwich rubber. Inverted was called "D-13", pips-out was called "C-4". They kept calling all inverted sheets "D-13" and all pips out sheets "C-4" for decades, even when they started making other types. Tempest and Sriver had "D-13" on their ID strips, for instance.

Makes me wonder if there ever was a "D-12" or "C-3", and what they were if they ever existed.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2020, 10:59 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Armstrong SH-I 1.8
BH: S&T Hellfire X OX
As a kid I felt like a world champion in the 70’s when I got my first sheet of Mark V. I would take my bat out of its cover just to admire and sniff the rubber. :lol:

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2020, 19:06 

Blade: Joola Carbon Pro
FH: LKT Rapid Speed 1.8
BH: Tibhar Grass D'tecs - OX
I find it funny that when I was a kid I had no love for MarkV nor Sriver. I wanted to get more spin of the serve so I took grippier rubbers as my serve with the 38mm ball was my best weapon. But now decades later I have grown to love them like many did back then while most around me write them of and praise Tenergy05 or Hurricane. :lol: It's funny how we as people develop over the years.