OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 06:11

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2017, 11:06 

Looking to get a good racket to train with using a robot I just got.

Yinhe N11
Friendship 729 Super Fx

I'm a good basement type player who is looking to learn the various strokes.

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2017, 12:11 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
IndyPhil wrote:

Yinhe N11
Friendship 729 Super Fx

I'm a good basement type player who is looking to learn the various strokes.

It's fine - if you want to get better, I would suggest going to a club, though, to get exposure to better players and have some lessons, perhaps. Robot training has its limitations, you might end up grooving bad technique.

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2017, 15:30 

Blade: Prasidha Premade CPEN
FH: Globe 999 Commercial
BH: Moon
IndyPhil wrote:
Yinhe N11
Friendship 729 Super Fx

Yep. That's good.
Just don't get the 729 SuperSoft. That thing is a piece of sht.

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2017, 16:34 
Super User

I was also utterly disappointed with the 729 Fx Supersoft. Original 729 Super Fx is way better. :up:

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2017, 19:49 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Donic Baracuda Big Slam
BH: Victas Triple Regular
Interesting about supersoft. I order for some for at the club, there was one person who didn't like it though. I tend to think that a little softer is better to learn all the shots.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2017, 22:43 

Blade: Prasidha Premade CPEN
FH: Globe 999 Commercial
BH: Moon
Cobalt wrote:
Interesting about supersoft. I order for some for at the club, there was one person who didn't like it though. I tend to think that a little softer is better to learn all the shots.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

Maybe so but soft as in Sriver, MarkV soft is what you mean. Soft yet still bouncy.
Thing with the classic Chinese rubbers (H3, 729Fx, PF4) is when you hit hard, they're fast and controllable enough.

729 Supersoft on the other hand is the very definition of a "dead" rubber. Slow and feels like mush. It's like playing with marshmallows

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2017, 03:25 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Can't say I've ever seen 729FX Supersoft - it's not on Eacheng in any case. How soft is super soft (degrees)? Yeah, the N11 blade + 729FX should work fine - if you want to save about $10 I'd suggest Batwings instead ($5 a sheet more or less). Ask for 42 degrees, max sponge.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-sh ... 83473.html

Or Yinhe 9000:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2x-Gala ... 53505.html

EmRatThich is against soft rubbers for beginners:

By the way.. anyone else try this yet?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/729-Fri ... 46016.html

One of only a very few Chinese rubbers available with very thin sponge (down to 1.0mm). I don't think it's an official RITC product.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2017, 10:22 
Super User

Blade: Acoustic Carbon Inner ST
FH: Rakza Z
BH: Rakza Z
iskandar taib wrote:
Can't say I've ever seen 729FX Supersoft - it's not on Eacheng in any case. How soft is super soft (degrees)?

I bought a sheet of black 1.8mm 729FX Supersoft last year. It weighed 64g and the cut weight was 45g on a 150x157mm blade. The sponge felt no softer than your typical rock-hard Chinese sponge. Could have been a quality control issue. Or maybe I'm bad at differentiating among different levels of "really hard sponge".

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2017, 12:23 

Can you guys say why that is a good setup for player learning basics please? I would like to know any maybe have good suggestions for beginner players I know.

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2017, 12:36 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

General consensus is that a ALL to ALL+ blade plus a reasonable rubber is good for beginners. Such a setup has good control and allows them to develop proper strokes rather than gimpy strokes which rely too much on racket speed.

The N11 is OK, I think this one might actually be better.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/SANWEI- ... 84830.html

You can even get it with rubbers for not much more.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Sh ... 20589.html

If you've got a club full of beginners looking for good bats I don't think you'd do any better than this.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2017, 23:16 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Donic Baracuda Big Slam
BH: Victas Triple Regular
Had a hit last night with a Stiga Allround Classic WRB with Mark V 2.0mm. Was very slow, a lot slower than I was expecting. I'm perhaps rethinking my base recommendations for beginners. Since the Mark V is a classic and at some point was a high end rubber, I'd expected that it would still have a bit of speed. Didn't seem to be the case. It could do all the shots, just at a pedestrian pace. Once again, I was really surprised.

Someone else recently purchased a Sweden Extra With Mark V so will be interested to compare to see if the blade or the rubber. I suspect a bit of both.

Its probably good for learning some shots if training regularly but I'll probably be recommending something a bit quicker for this particular player in 12 months time.

The tone of the Stiga was noticeably lower than my Appelgren V1 which is already slow enough, I don't even think in the ALL+ range.

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2017, 01:05 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Try it with the Max sponge.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2017, 07:02 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Matsushita Pro
FH: Rakza Z
BH: Dawei 388D-1
I have a very old Stiga blade, which I think is possibly an all-round, bought in about 1970. Hardly used. But I bought some Mk V rubbers for it last year, to have a "classic" blade, as this was what was the thing back in the day. Massively disappointing to play with now. I then bought a new Stiga All-Round Classic, no WRB. Moved the rubber. Also disappointing.

My coach suggested a Bty Primorac Off- with some Hexer Duro rubbers some time ago. I bought it at a tournament, and can play with it reasonably well. It seems to me that that would be a good setup for a beginner, not too fast, but with good control, enough speed/spin to learn those basics. The rubbers should last a year or so, and the blade is pretty much a long term prospect, benefiting from a variety of rubbers.
Cobalt wrote:
Had a hit last night with a Stiga Allround Classic WRB with Mark V 2.0mm. Was very slow, a lot slower than I was expecting. I'm perhaps rethinking my base recommendations for beginners. Since the Mark V is a classic and at some point was a high end rubber, I'd expected that it would still have a bit of speed. Didn't seem to be the case. It could do all the shots, just at a pedestrian pace. Once again, I was really surprised.

Someone else recently purchased a Sweden Extra With Mark V so will be interested to compare to see if the blade or the rubber. I suspect a bit of both.

Its probably good for learning some shots if training regularly but I'll probably be recommending something a bit quicker for this particular player in 12 months time.

The tone of the Stiga was noticeably lower than my Appelgren V1 which is already slow enough, I don't even think in the ALL+ range.

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2017, 02:13 

I got this for my club last year and people liked it and I liked to play with it as well. It's a premade but Id still recommend it for beginners anyways. Then you can always let other people try your own paddle or someone elses that has a custom one to see the difference.

https://www.zeropong.com/assembled-bats-sh-c-40_80/729-glass-composite-fl-with-7292729-rubbers-p-177

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2017, 03:44 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Yeah, that should be OK. So should most of these:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/group/ ... 02960.html

Iskandar