OOAK Table Tennis Forum


A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
Live Table Tennis Videos Table Tennis News Live OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 21 May 2018, 04:49


Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!



All times are UTC + 9:30 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: 11 Aug 2017, 11:14 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 19 Dec 2010, 13:20
Posts: 439
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 59 times
Blade all the way for me :rock:


Top
 Profile  
 


Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2018, 14:39 
Offline
New Member

Joined: 09 Jan 2018, 21:02
Posts: 10
Location: new york
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 1 time
Blade: fbl
i think rubber

_________________
Talk with your feet. Play with your heart
My blog: Gosports reviews./Thank you visit.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 17 Jan 2018, 16:26 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 11 May 2013, 18:01
Posts: 506
Location: Podunk Pongville USA MALE
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 13 times
Blade: XVT Balsa Carbon 10mm all
FH: Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
BH: Globe 979 OX
Rubber

_________________
Panda Drive / 4H Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0 / BH Xiom Omega IV Elite Max / Play right-handed
XVT balsa carbon 10mm / 4H Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0 / BH Globe 979 Long Pips OX / Play Left-handed shakehand
Stiga Def Wood / 4H Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0 / BH GD CC LP OX .. Play Left-handed
Cpen SOS Wood / 4H 729 802-40 2.0 / BH GD Talon use righthanded shakehand grip
HARDBAT / Shakehand Hock 3 ply / Friendship Dr Evil OX .. Play Right-handed


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 18 Jan 2018, 07:55 
Offline
I am Legend
I am Legend
User avatar

Joined: 13 Dec 2006, 18:21
Posts: 5947
Location: Queensland
Has thanked: 66 times
Been thanked: 88 times
Blade: Darker 7P2A
FH: Xiom Omega VII Euro
BH: Spinlord Degu
rubber

_________________
Shih Tzu

NEW RUBBER MASS INDEX || OLD RUBBER MASS INDEX


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 18 Jan 2018, 08:28 
Offline
Joo Too
Joo Too
User avatar

Joined: 15 Dec 2008, 18:31
Posts: 3463
Location: Dendermonde, Belgium
Has thanked: 875 times
Been thanked: 453 times
Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 Soft R
BH: TSP Curl P1-R 1.5 B
Blubber.

_________________
There's always stuff to improve!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 19 Jan 2018, 04:17 
Offline
Full member
User avatar

Joined: 30 Jul 2016, 01:07
Posts: 80
Location: Maine
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 20 times
Blade: Butterfly Joo Se Hyuk
FH: Nittaku Fastarc G1- 1.9MM
BH: GD Meteorite .05MM
I'd argue that proper form and execution is far more important than the equipment in your hands, but my personal opinion on the matter is that the blade is more important than rubber.

I've always treated the blade being the base stats of your speed/control/throw angle of your set up, and rubber adds onto those base stats (or takes away;)) along with the stat of spin. Thus making the blade more important than rubber to me.

An example of my thought process:

If we were to take an inverted rubber. Say Tenergy 05 or any modern tensor rubber, and slap that bad boy on an Carbon OFF+ blade, play with it for a bit, and then take the same rubber and put it on an Def+ or even a All+ blade and then play with that for a while. You would see noticeable differences in the speed, spin, and control of your shots.

I'd also venture to say the same thing if we took any pips with or without sponge and used the above scenario, the outcome would dictate that each blade provides a vastly different ball based off it's base stats alone.

The differences in the above scenario are caused by the base stats of the blade, not the rubber.

_________________
"When in doubt, chop. If still in doubt, chop again" USATT 1607
I.Tibhar Stratus Power Defense; FH: Victas V > 15 Extra 2.0mm; BH: Giant Dragon Meteorite 0.5mm
II. Butterfly Joo Se Hyuk; FH: Butterfly Tenergy 05 1.9mm; BH:Giant Dragon Meteorite 0.5mm
III. Tibhar Stratus Power Wood; FH: Butterfly Tenergy 05 2.1mm; BH: Victas V > 01 Stiff 2.0mm


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 19 Jan 2018, 05:02 
Offline
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet
User avatar

Joined: 28 Feb 2014, 13:38
Posts: 2170
Location: Washington DC
Has thanked: 496 times
Been thanked: 438 times
Blade: Joola Rossi Emotion
FH: Xiom Omega IV Asia
BH: Xiom Omega VII Pro
Riot207 wrote:
.
I've always treated the blade being the base stats of your speed/control/throw angle of your set up, and rubber adds onto those base stats (or takes away;)) along with the stat of spin. Thus making the blade more important than rubber to me.

An example of my thought process:

If we were to take an inverted rubber. Say Tenergy 05 or any modern tensor rubber, and slap that bad boy on an Carbon OFF+ blade, play with it for a bit, and then take the same rubber and put it on an Def+ or even a All+ blade and then play with that for a while. You would see noticeable differences in the speed, spin, and control of your shots.

I'd also venture to say the same thing if we took any pips with or without sponge and used the above scenario, the outcome would dictate that each blade provides a vastly different ball based off it's base stats alone.

The differences in the above scenario are caused by the base stats of the blade, not the rubber.

I think you could change this logic to rubbers as well.

If you had that same Carbon OFF+ blade, put boosted T64 on it, play with it for a bit, and then place a defensive rubber like 1.3mm TSP Triple Spin chop, it would be an entirely different animal. Lighter, butter soft sponge, slow, tacky, and super thin.

so, I think there is a relationship between blade and rubber where each are pretty close in importance. I think "Blubber" is the most accurate.

_________________
Blog: "Holy Chtchet!"Rating: 1615

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 19 Jan 2018, 22:44 
Offline
Full member
User avatar

Joined: 30 Jul 2016, 01:07
Posts: 80
Location: Maine
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 20 times
Blade: Butterfly Joo Se Hyuk
FH: Nittaku Fastarc G1- 1.9MM
BH: GD Meteorite .05MM
Japsican wrote:
Riot207 wrote:
.
I've always treated the blade being the base stats of your speed/control/throw angle of your set up, and rubber adds onto those base stats (or takes away;)) along with the stat of spin. Thus making the blade more important than rubber to me.

An example of my thought process:

If we were to take an inverted rubber. Say Tenergy 05 or any modern tensor rubber, and slap that bad boy on an Carbon OFF+ blade, play with it for a bit, and then take the same rubber and put it on an Def+ or even a All+ blade and then play with that for a while. You would see noticeable differences in the speed, spin, and control of your shots.

I'd also venture to say the same thing if we took any pips with or without sponge and used the above scenario, the outcome would dictate that each blade provides a vastly different ball based off it's base stats alone.

The differences in the above scenario are caused by the base stats of the blade, not the rubber.

I think you could change this logic to rubbers as well.

If you had that same Carbon OFF+ blade, put boosted T64 on it, play with it for a bit, and then place a defensive rubber like 1.3mm TSP Triple Spin chop, it would be an entirely different animal. Lighter, butter soft sponge, slow, tacky, and super thin.

so, I think there is a relationship between blade and rubber where each are pretty close in importance. I think "Blubber" is the most accurate.


Devils advocate scenario on point, a little extreme in the scenario but I'll take it. I'll concede and state that I agree, "blubber" is the correct term. :rock:

_________________
"When in doubt, chop. If still in doubt, chop again" USATT 1607
I.Tibhar Stratus Power Defense; FH: Victas V > 15 Extra 2.0mm; BH: Giant Dragon Meteorite 0.5mm
II. Butterfly Joo Se Hyuk; FH: Butterfly Tenergy 05 1.9mm; BH:Giant Dragon Meteorite 0.5mm
III. Tibhar Stratus Power Wood; FH: Butterfly Tenergy 05 2.1mm; BH: Victas V > 01 Stiff 2.0mm


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 19 Jan 2018, 23:40 
Offline
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet
User avatar

Joined: 28 Feb 2014, 13:38
Posts: 2170
Location: Washington DC
Has thanked: 496 times
Been thanked: 438 times
Blade: Joola Rossi Emotion
FH: Xiom Omega IV Asia
BH: Xiom Omega VII Pro
Riot207 wrote:
Japsican wrote:
Riot207 wrote:
.
I've always treated the blade being the base stats of your speed/control/throw angle of your set up, and rubber adds onto those base stats (or takes away;)) along with the stat of spin. Thus making the blade more important than rubber to me.

An example of my thought process:

If we were to take an inverted rubber. Say Tenergy 05 or any modern tensor rubber, and slap that bad boy on an Carbon OFF+ blade, play with it for a bit, and then take the same rubber and put it on an Def+ or even a All+ blade and then play with that for a while. You would see noticeable differences in the speed, spin, and control of your shots.

I'd also venture to say the same thing if we took any pips with or without sponge and used the above scenario, the outcome would dictate that each blade provides a vastly different ball based off it's base stats alone.

The differences in the above scenario are caused by the base stats of the blade, not the rubber.

I think you could change this logic to rubbers as well.

If you had that same Carbon OFF+ blade, put boosted T64 on it, play with it for a bit, and then place a defensive rubber like 1.3mm TSP Triple Spin chop, it would be an entirely different animal. Lighter, butter soft sponge, slow, tacky, and super thin.

so, I think there is a relationship between blade and rubber where each are pretty close in importance. I think "Blubber" is the most accurate.


Devils advocate scenario on point, a little extreme in the scenario but I'll take it. I'll concede and state that I agree, "blubber" is the correct term. :rock:


Haha! :lol:

I dunno, you went from OFF+ blade to an DEF blade. I went from an OFF rubber to a DEF rubber. Kinda the same. But the poles are the comparison I suppose. Extreme would have been Anti for the DEF rubber. Perhaps a better choice would have been Reflectoid in the same thickness as the T64. :P

_________________
Blog: "Holy Chtchet!"Rating: 1615

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 20 Jan 2018, 01:25 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 25 Oct 2011, 22:02
Posts: 277
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 22 times
Neither!

The person holding the bat is the most important part!!!

Far too much money spent equipment - imagine if you spent that time and money on training.....

_________________
Match set up: Nittaku Violin, JP01T, JP03
Back up: Avalox P500, Rakza 7 Soft (FH Max, BH 2mm)
Coaching set up: Donic Appelgren Allplay V2 well used Rakza 7 Soft (FH Max, BH 2mm)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 20 Jan 2018, 02:04 
Offline
Full member
User avatar

Joined: 30 Jul 2016, 01:07
Posts: 80
Location: Maine
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 20 times
Blade: Butterfly Joo Se Hyuk
FH: Nittaku Fastarc G1- 1.9MM
BH: GD Meteorite .05MM
stupet11 wrote:
Neither!

The person holding the bat is the most important part!!!

Far too much money spent equipment - imagine if you spent that time and money on training.....


+1 :up: Best comment so far!

I did have a chuckle at your comment matching up with your Nittaku Violin blade. I remembered my mouth dropping at the price of the violin and acoustic when they came out thinking I'd never spend over 100 dollars for a blade. With 200-300 dollar blades being bought every day, the ole violin is relatively cheap in comparison.. Still too expensive for my taste.

_________________
"When in doubt, chop. If still in doubt, chop again" USATT 1607
I.Tibhar Stratus Power Defense; FH: Victas V > 15 Extra 2.0mm; BH: Giant Dragon Meteorite 0.5mm
II. Butterfly Joo Se Hyuk; FH: Butterfly Tenergy 05 1.9mm; BH:Giant Dragon Meteorite 0.5mm
III. Tibhar Stratus Power Wood; FH: Butterfly Tenergy 05 2.1mm; BH: Victas V > 01 Stiff 2.0mm


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 20 Jan 2018, 02:10 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 25 Oct 2011, 22:02
Posts: 277
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 22 times
Riot207 wrote:
stupet11 wrote:
Neither!

The person holding the bat is the most important part!!!

Far too much money spent equipment - imagine if you spent that time and money on training.....


+1 :up: Best comment so far!

I did have a chuckle at your comment matching up with your Nittaku Violin blade. I remembered my mouth dropping at the price of the violin and acoustic when they came out thinking I'd never spend over 100 dollars for a blade. With 200-300 dollar blades being bought every day, the ole violin is relatively cheap in comparison.. Still too expensive for my taste.


Any blade is expensive if you don't know how to use it!

_________________
Match set up: Nittaku Violin, JP01T, JP03
Back up: Avalox P500, Rakza 7 Soft (FH Max, BH 2mm)
Coaching set up: Donic Appelgren Allplay V2 well used Rakza 7 Soft (FH Max, BH 2mm)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 20 Jan 2018, 07:50 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 11 May 2013, 18:01
Posts: 506
Location: Podunk Pongville USA MALE
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 13 times
Blade: XVT Balsa Carbon 10mm all
FH: Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
BH: Globe 979 OX
Definitely the rubber, yesterday per Oh Hail Yow at USA Hobby Table Tennis Coalition on Facebook, played with inverted rubber on a 4" x 4" or 10cm x 10cm rubber surface area on a tiny Paddle, went 20-2 games against 5 different players using normal size paddles.

_________________
Panda Drive / 4H Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0 / BH Xiom Omega IV Elite Max / Play right-handed
XVT balsa carbon 10mm / 4H Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0 / BH Globe 979 Long Pips OX / Play Left-handed shakehand
Stiga Def Wood / 4H Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0 / BH GD CC LP OX .. Play Left-handed
Cpen SOS Wood / 4H 729 802-40 2.0 / BH GD Talon use righthanded shakehand grip
HARDBAT / Shakehand Hock 3 ply / Friendship Dr Evil OX .. Play Right-handed


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 20 Jan 2018, 18:48 
Offline
New Member

Joined: 22 Oct 2017, 05:57
Posts: 27
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 4 times
Now I always thought thicker sponge is more spin because of dwell time, and the majority search results seem to agree. If this is, and slower blades also have a longer dwell time, wouldn't that mean that the thick rubber + def blade generates more spin than the thin rubber + off blade?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 21 Jan 2018, 05:16 
Offline
Full member

Joined: 16 Nov 2016, 04:12
Posts: 95
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 19 times
According to PingSkills the rubber is more important! And PingSkills is always correct!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next



All times are UTC + 9:30 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Copyright 2012 OOAK Table Tennis Forum. The information on this site cannot be reused without written permission.

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group




Don't forget to 'LIKE' our forum on Facebook if you enjoy the content: