OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 20:58

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: FH rubber
PostPosted: 24 Aug 2017, 01:14 
Super User

Super confuse with my FH rubber. So let's go back a bit, love the Donic Acuda when they first came out. Used it until Bluefire which was also good, then move into Acuda Blue which was great for my game but was missing a bit of spin , the past yr or so I been using EL-S which I like but it was also missing the control I get from Acuda Blue P2. My question is how does the Bluestorm plays compare to ELS and Acuda series? or should I just stay with ELS. I hate this EJing

Post subject: Re: FH rubber
PostPosted: 24 Aug 2017, 03:11 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Try Batwings. :lol:

Seriously, I must say this is the first time I've seen someone say they're sick of EJ'ing... :lol: My take on it is that the differences between any and all of these rubbers are miniscule, and subtle - they're all "glue effect" inverted sandwich rubbers aimed at a certain audience, after all. Congratulations on being able to tell them apart that well, I find it hard, myself. Any and all can be used, once you've given yourself a little time to adapt. Since there are literally dozens of choices out there, and maybe 2/3 of them are made by one company in Germany, identifying the exact right one "for you" would be.. well, it's going to be expensive, whatever else it may be. And in my opinion, in the end, pointless.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2017, 03:38 
Super User

Blade: DHS PowerG-9 OFF++
FH: Yasaka Rakza X
BH: Palio Thor
He said he is used to playing Donic Acuda and Bluefire ! :o Those rubbers are waaay too fast and uncontrollable for me :lol:

Goes to show what really top-notch players can do with such expensive rubbers :-D

If you plan to stick with Euro rubbers, might I suggest Yasaka Rakza7 ? Or Xiom Vega or even Xiom Omega ?

1. FH/BH-YRakza9/XOmegaVT
    2. FH/BH-TSP Spectol/Yinhe Qing OX
  • 729 Bomb C-P : FH/BH-DHS H2 Orig/DHS H3 Orig
  • TSP Versal :
    1. FH/BH-XOmegaVA/YJupiter-II
    2. FH/BH-*blank*
Fun blades:
  • Yasaka Battle Balsa(ST) : FH/BH- DHS TG2Neo/Gewo HypeXT 47
  • Dr. Neubauer
    High Technology
    Cypress-Carbon(ST)
    ***************************** : FH/BH-YRakza7/YRakza7
==========================================================

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2017, 05:19 
Super User

iskandar taib wrote:
Try Batwings. :lol:

Seriously, I must say this is the first time I've seen someone say they're sick of EJ'ing... :lol: My take on it is that the differences between any and all of these rubbers are miniscule, and subtle - they're all "glue effect" inverted sandwich rubbers aimed at a certain audience, after all. Congratulations on being able to tell them apart that well, I find it hard, myself. Any and all can be used, once you've given yourself a little time to adapt. Since there are literally dozens of choices out there, and maybe 2/3 of them are made by one company in Germany, identifying the exact right one "for you" would be.. well, it's going to be expensive, whatever else it may be. And in my opinion, in the end, pointless.

Iskandar

It's my OCD kicking in. Love the Donic stuff but wanted more spin, just wanted to know if anyone try the Bluestorm series, does it have same spin capability of a ELS but with more control or is about the same as the Acuda blue.

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2017, 08:13 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Donic Baracuda Big Slam
BH: Victas Triple Regular
EL-S in thinner sponge?

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2017, 10:16 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

man_iii wrote:
If you plan to stick with Euro rubbers, might I suggest Yasaka Rakza7 ? Or Xiom Vega or even Xiom Omega ?

But... but.. aren't those Japanese and Korean?? :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2017, 10:22 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Chopper88 wrote:
It's my OCD kicking in. Love the Donic stuff but wanted more spin, just wanted to know if anyone try the Bluestorm series, does it have same spin capability of a ELS but with more control or is about the same as the Acuda blue.

Actually, come to think of it.. Bluestorm and Rasanter (and one or two others) belong to this new "generation" of Tensors with the thin topsheets and even thicker sponge. Might indeed be worth checking out, but since few people have tried them as yet, why not spring for a sheet and let us know? :lol:

Have you tried MX-P yet? (Going harder on the sponge. This supposedly gets you more spin, or at least the thinking goes these days, which sounds totally wrong since it's diametrically opposite to the older way of thinking, but I think is actually correct..)

It's gonna get expensive... :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2017, 21:38 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Matsushita Pro
FH: Rakza Z
BH: Dawei 388D-1
MX-S would be my choice of the Evolution M series currently, S standing for Spin. However, the control side may be similar to the EL-S. These things are more subjective than you think...

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2017, 02:35 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

I'm the one who thinks it's all subjective. :lol: All except sponge hardness and weight - those you CAN measure. Control?? That's really subjective.. and there's more than one kind of control in any case.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 21 Sep 2017, 22:20 
Super User

So I got my Bluestorm Z2 2.1 mm red, nice rubber doesn't do anything great but nothing bad either, the sponge is in the softer side , very similar to Acuda Blue P1. So the search continues, need something with better spin.

PostPosted: 21 Sep 2017, 22:39 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Try the Bluestorm with the hardest sponge, perhaps?

Iskandar

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2017, 08:17 
Super User

iskandar taib wrote:

Iskandar

Was thinking about that, but not sure it matters. I still won't give me the spin I want, maybe just go to H3 and take chances with the quality control

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2017, 08:47 

Blade: Darker Speed90 CP
FH: Prov H3
BH: Andro Beat
Chopper88 wrote:
iskandar taib wrote:

Iskandar

Was thinking about that, but not sure it matters. I still won't give me the spin I want, maybe just go to H3 and take chances with the quality control
If you can afford Euro Jap rubbers, you can afford a Neo H3 provincial orange sponge. $39. High QC. Lively sponge even without boosting. Extreme spin and high control.

Passionate about TT

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2017, 10:00 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Chopper88 wrote:
iskandar taib wrote:

Iskandar

Unaltered retail H3 is pretty slow stuff, though.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2017, 10:50 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Chopper88 wrote:
iskandar taib wrote:

Iskandar

If your stroke is adjusted for Euro rubbers, you might not like the H3, nor might you get the spin that you're after.
All the Evolution rubbers have tons of spin potential and are among the best for spin, and if you need more control try a thinner sponge.

PS The original Donic Acuda series are still around and still popular, nothing wrong with using this if it worked for you. The manufacturers would like you to think that the latest rubbers are always better in every way, but this is often not the case at all.