OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 19:17

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2017, 08:01 

Hey, its off season and decided to play some stuff, just wanted to ask, i heard that dr evil is dead, and my level is way too high to play with anyone on ox, how slow and effective would it be on chopping? Serves dropping short, etc. Anyone tryed dr. Evil on dead anti sponge? Feel free to discuss, ive readed everything in ooak about it, but never found anything about anti sponge and these pips

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2017, 09:29 

I tried Dr Evil on a thin sponge not too long after it came out. As soon as it has any sponge underneath any "weirdness" is gone. Really it is pretty much like any other not particularly spinny pips. It is nicer to work with (assemble) OX than most pips since it is thicker.

Unless you think your sponge is going to add something special, I would not bother. Just pick from one of the existing short pips with sponge. 799 with 1.5 chops nice.

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2017, 12:04 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Defence Alpha
FH: Donic Slice 40 CD 1.5 mm
BH: LKTStrgr+KokBLuJap 1.1 mm
alphapong wrote:
I tried Dr Evil on a thin sponge not too long after it came out. As soon as it has any sponge underneath any "weirdness" is gone. Really it is pretty much like any other not particularly spinny pips. It is nicer to work with (assemble) OX than most pips since it is thicker.

Unless you think your sponge is going to add something special, I would not bother. Just pick from one of the existing short pips with sponge. 799 with 1.5 chops nice.
Somewhat agree with this,

When I put 1.5 mm of BLutenkirsche Japan behind it,

It act like normal rubber, except when flat hit ;)

Sent from my i5E using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 10 Aug 2017, 02:41 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

So what exactly is the "weirdness" when used in its OX state? Note that the American Hardbat folks put Dr. Evil on their list of approved hardbat rubbers, which means it can't be too different from, say, British Leyland or Butterfly Orthodox.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2017, 16:01 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei Fextra 7
FH: PALIO AK47 Red
BH: Dr. Neubauer K.O. Pro 1.5
When I played Dr. Evil ox nobody noticed its "effects" and thought I played a cheap factory-made racket.

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2017, 18:16 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Armstrong SH-I 1.8
BH: S&T Hellfire X OX
My father sometimes plays with Evil on his BH. He likes it because it's slow and with lots of control when chopping and in general play but also quite hard so hits can be cracked with quite a lot of speed. As far as 'weirdness', it's supposedly made from anti spin rubber and can occasionally produce some reversal and wobble effects. It's not something I particularly notice when playing against him, I usually have more trouble when he uses LP's, though his smashes are deadly with Evil.