OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 19:01

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2017, 07:29 

My first non-premade bat. I wanted allround rocket to help me do a first step from hobby level (in which I persisted for 25 years) and start play seriously (at least the basic strokes).
I have ordered Yinhe (Galaxy) Earth 3 VB (Vacuum Baked) ALL+ blade from AliExpress.

As I promised some info about it here it is (finally):

The first impression was good - perfect build quality, comfortable grip of the handle. I was disappointed by the weight of 89 grams (in description it should be 84 +/-3g) but after assembling with 729 "batwings" 1,8mm General Rubber on both sides the weight of combo was 174 grams which is not so bad I think (but still I am quite sad because I asked the seller for the lightest piece and moreover I have some elbow pain now).

However it is very good beginner bat. Nice to play with high pitch sound and large sweet spot. It is rather slow (at least with "batwings"). The flex is average. I can't still play the fast strokes (hits) but finally I am able to play low pushes. Drives are easy. Looping as well (but still need to work on it). Since it is my first made bat I can't describe more detailed info or comparison but I can say that my game is 100% better after half a year and finally I can beat some opponents (sometime) in our group. So it exactly matched the original purpose.

In the future I plan to increase the speed by some faster rubber (and try to resist to buy some lightweight balsa blade). I tend to buy some light and soft rubber like:
729 FOCUS III Snipe,
LKT Rapid SOUND
or
61second Lightning DS NON-TACKY
(either 1,8 mm or 2,0 mm).
Is it good idea or the soft rubber with slower blade will be still too slow?

Attachments:
Yinhe Earth 3 VB.jpg
Yinhe Earth 3 VB.jpg [ 861.46 KiB | Viewed 3347 times ]

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2017, 16:37 
Super User

Blade: DHS PowerG-9 OFF++
FH: Yasaka Rakza X
BH: Palio Thor
Great review ! As a beginner I can tell you that moving from All+ blade to Off- can help somewhat to improve the speed of your returns. But moving from slow to faster rubber will not be helpful at all.

The weight of the racket will increase your reaction time so expect a lot of edged balls. And also due to racket head-weight you might not have enough time and stroke speed to contact the ball fully.

All+ blade with cheap "slow" rubbers can help develop a very powerful "pure"-loop. Once you have mastered the basic loop and strokes, and you have tried other ppls rackets with different rubbers, you will have an idea of what rubber you prefer and what blade seems suitable.

1. FH/BH-YRakza9/XOmegaVT
    2. FH/BH-TSP Spectol/Yinhe Qing OX
  • 729 Bomb C-P : FH/BH-DHS H2 Orig/DHS H3 Orig
  • TSP Versal :
    1. FH/BH-XOmegaVA/YJupiter-II
    2. FH/BH-*blank*
Fun blades:
  • Yasaka Battle Balsa(ST) : FH/BH- DHS TG2Neo/Gewo HypeXT 47
  • Dr. Neubauer
    High Technology
    Cypress-Carbon(ST)
    ***************************** : FH/BH-YRakza7/YRakza7
==========================================================

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2017, 07:37 

Thank you for your answer. The weight of the racket is the reason I want to buy some of the mentioned lightweight rubbers. But I am not sure if is it good idea (seems they could be too soft). I have changed one side with the cheap Kokutaku 868 (2mm sponge), but in quick test it seems to be noticeably slower and bit heavier than 1,8mm 729 "Batwings". I will see tomorrow how it plays.

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2017, 07:42 

At the beginning it played strangely but after one or two hours in game Kokutaku 868 woke up. Now both rubbers are quite similar, Kokutaku has softer feeling (probably due to the thinner top sheet). Is it normal effect that new rubber plays significantly distinctly then after several hours of game?
Now the combo weights 178 grams.

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2017, 03:21 

Blade: Yinhe Pro-01
FH: Reactor Tornado V5
BH: YiXing 999
Yenda wrote:
At the beginning it played strangely but after one or two hours in game Kokutaku 868 woke up. Now both rubbers are quite similar, Kokutaku has softer feeling (probably due to the thinner top sheet). Is it normal effect that new rubber plays significantly distinctly then after several hours of game?
Now the combo weights 178 grams.

Yenda, you already have a very good setup :up: . I tried both E3 and E3VB. Plays pretty similar. As you mentioned, they are forgiving and slow which benefits most recreational player. As for rubbers, basic rubbers is sufficient. I've tried a few blades the last couple of months and found E3VB to be one of the better (softer) feeling blades. Koku 868 is a good backhand/control rubber. In fact, it is my to-go rubber for testing blades. Good enough to block, loop and spin with. You should stop worrying about changing rubbers and enjoy the game.

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2019, 01:08 

Blade: butterfly keargena ALL
FH: Gewo Reflexx Soft 2,0mm
BH: Donic Quattro 1,8mm
hey m8,
i hope you can help me. im very late (2019) but i have a question:
the yinhe earth3 vs the yinhe earth3 vb

-the only difference is the control or does the speed and feel of the blade increase/decrease? (i mean the VB version)
-do u have tryed the earth 1 or earth 1 vb?
i have Donic Quattro 1,8mm BH(Soft) and Gewo Reflexx Soft 2mm VH
for me, the Gewo reflexx is too bouncy/too fast if i topspin :topspin:
should i go for the earth 3 VB or Earth 3? (if u tryed the earth 1 /earth 1 vb i would be happy if you review it)
sorry for my bad english, i hope you can help me.