OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 22:45

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2018, 08:50 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
legu333 wrote:
That blade is supposedly a "female" blade, does it mean it is not optimal/recommended for men to use it? I also heard its a "dead-line" and will not be continued. My current blade feels too slow and I would have liked the upgrade to the LSW but if there is something very alike that would suit me better I would like it too. (My playstale is offensive, my strenghts are close to table topsin, 3rd ball attack, serves)

I guess I would question the original premise - is there any evidence that it is supposedly a 'female' blade? Marketing claims, some language to that effect on the packaging, in catalog, ads, or on the Butterfly website?

Where the assumption is coming from?

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2018, 09:09 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
i think koki niwa and tiago apolonia both used it?

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2018, 15:15 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Defence Alpha
FH: Donic Slice 40 CD 1.5 mm
BH: LKTStrgr+KokBLuJap 1.1 mm
pgpg wrote:
legu333 wrote:
That blade is supposedly a "female" blade, does it mean it is not optimal/recommended for men to use it? I also heard its a "dead-line" and will not be continued. My current blade feels too slow and I would have liked the upgrade to the LSW but if there is something very alike that would suit me better I would like it too. (My playstale is offensive, my strenghts are close to table topsin, 3rd ball attack, serves)

I guess I would question the original premise - is there any evidence that it is supposedly a 'female' blade? Marketing claims, some language to that effect on the packaging, in catalog, ads, or on the Butterfly website?

Err, sorry, but,

Isn't it implied by naming it Liu Shiwen?

Like naming it Fukuhara Ai or Kim Kyung Ah? ;)

Sent from my i5E using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2018, 18:10 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
BeGo wrote:
pgpg wrote:
legu333 wrote:

Err, sorry, but,

Isn't it implied by naming it Liu Shiwen?

Like naming it Fukuhara Ai or Kim Kyung Ah? ;)

I wouldn't think so! I've also got a few kim kyung ah blades :lol:

Nothing "female" about them that I can tell, other than the name. Just the same as many female defenders use the Joo blade. Marketing and trying to reel in certain people who relate to whatever name might catch their eye.

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2018, 20:07 

Blade: Liu Shiwen
FH: Donic Baracuda
BH: Donic Baracuda
skilless_slapper wrote:
Nothing "female" about them that I can tell, other than the name. Just the same as many female defenders use the Joo blade. Marketing and trying to reel in certain people who relate to whatever name might catch their eye.

Okay so is there even a female blade in table tennis at all? Would it be simply a less heavier blade? Perhaps one with a very small handle? From what I have seen so far there really is not, I also got my LSW with ST handle and it fits my hands perfectly eventhough my hand is like 19-20cm long.

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2018, 21:07 
Super User

Blade: VKMO
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Victas Spectol S1
Bruh, this is racism. How dare you assume that the Liu Shiwen Blade is better because it has the best looks ever and that only girls can use them. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Of course, I am only joking :lol:

Rating: Recreational Player

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2018, 10:05 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Defence Alpha
FH: Donic Slice 40 CD 1.5 mm
BH: LKTStrgr+KokBLuJap 1.1 mm
Danthespearton HQ wrote:
Bruh, this is racism. How dare you assume that the Liu Shiwen Blade is better because it has the best looks ever and that only girls can use them. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Off topics, sorry,

Being racist is not inherently bad in itself. Initially, it only means personalized, err, culturelized service for each cultures, rather than Everyone should eat rice 3 times a day. Hundreds years of misuse change that.

We as Indonesian proud for being racist. We make fun, laugh, and bond across different cultures here. ;)

Back to topics,

May be this is why combi name is not stated in tale of the tape before a game.

Imagine a player with Arnold Scharzenegger body, introduced as using Ai Fukuhara blade and Kokutaku Clitter. :P

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2018, 04:17 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
BeGo wrote:
Danthespearton HQ wrote:
Off topics, sorry,

Being racist is not inherently bad in itself. Initially, it only means personalized, err, culturelized service for each cultures, rather than Everyone should eat rice 3 times a day. Hundreds years of misuse change that.

We as Indonesian proud for being racist. We make fun, laugh, and bond across different cultures here. ;)

Back to topics,

May be this is why combi name is not stated in tale of the tape before a game.

Imagine a player with Arnold Scharzenegger body, introduced as using Ai Fukuhara blade and Kokutaku Clitter. :P

Bego, this might be lost in translation a bit. What you are describing is "Stereotyping" or potentially "Prejudice" but not racist. A racist believes another race is inferior to their own. Of course, this post doesn't even have anything to do with race as we are talking about gender and a "female" blade. :P :lol:

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!