OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:58

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2018, 11:49 

Blade: Stiga Infinity VPS V
FH: Stiga Genesis M
BH: Stiga Genesis S
I am currently using a Joola Chen Weixing DEF+ Blade (7-ply, medium stiffness, Limba-Koto-Black Cloth-Kiri-Black Cloth-Koto-Limba) slapped with Yasaka Original XHG (FH) and Globe 979 OX (BH), and I play Modern Defense. I can do basic shots decently and fish/lob using my FH but when I go for the kill shot, I noticed a lack of power from my FH attack, and I feel that my Globe 979 OX is kinda fast when used close to the table.

My playstyle focuses more on chopping but I do push-blocks mostly in my service reception and forehand chops when the situation calls for it.

Please help me decide which rubbers should I put on my blade to achieve the maximum capability of it. Thank you in advance.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2018, 16:58 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei F3 Pro (=TB ALC)
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Hellfire X/Dtecs ox
I have played long time with CWX. With old balls I played pips ox and now with new balls, with sponge. With ox pips I think that pip should not be too fast. I used most Cropcircles, but also Dtecs was good. With sponged pips Feint 2 0.5, Agenda 1.0 or Dtecs 0.5 are good for me, bot for table play and for long defence. They have the right speed - not too slow or fast.

In the forehand I have played only with T05 max, which is great match for the blade, for pushing, fishing and looping excellent. Against hard attacks T05 is often too fast for me to defend. Now I am trying Hurricane 3, which is slower, but has it's benefits. I have tried some other rubbers like Rakza 7 soft, T64 etc, but every one of them has been long behind of T05. If you are not "spinny looper", T05 might be wrong rubber.

I am not familiar with Yasaka Original XHG, but I quess it's way way behind T05 in speed and totally unplayable for me, as I wouldn't be able to shoot past anyone.

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2018, 16:45 

Blade: Stiga Infinity VPS V
FH: Stiga Genesis M
BH: Stiga Genesis S
Roy wrote:
I have played long time with CWX. With old balls I played pips ox and now with new balls, with sponge. With ox pips I think that pip should not be too fast. I used most Cropcircles, but also Dtecs was good. With sponged pips Feint 2 0.5, Agenda 1.0 or Dtecs 0.5 are good for me, bot for table play and for long defence. They have the right speed - not too slow or fast.

In the forehand I have played only with T05 max, which is great match for the blade, for pushing, fishing and looping excellent. Against hard attacks T05 is often too fast for me to defend. Now I am trying Hurricane 3, which is slower, but has it's benefits. I have tried some other rubbers like Rakza 7 soft, T64 etc, but every one of them has been long behind of T05. If you are not "spinny looper", T05 might be wrong rubber.

I am not familiar with Yasaka Original XHG, but I quess it's way way behind T05 in speed and totally unplayable for me, as I wouldn't be able to shoot past anyone.

What can you suggest for slow Chinese LP?

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2018, 14:39 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei F3 Pro (=TB ALC)
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Hellfire X/Dtecs ox
You search the forum for slowest LP's - lot's of information.

From my experience DHS Cloud & Fog ox should OK, Palio 531 ox might be too fast. Sanwei Code 0.5/1.0 was good for me both at table and away. All of them you can get for 10$.

In ox there is not much difference between pips and it's hard to say which suits you best.

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2018, 15:19 

I think the CWX needs sponged LP for control. .5mm pr1 and 388D, 1mm C&F3, .7mm neptune are good match(for me). All are good for chopping mid and far distance. The 388D is better for blocking. Rapid speed, tg3 neo all worked for FH. I just need to brush loop more often as opposed to hitting/driving. It is faster that way, for me. I can feel the the blade "slingshot-ing" the ball of hard brush loops.

DHS 301
Adidas Hypertouch
Reactor CA-1

All decked with DHS H3Neo
and Yinhe Moon! I'm cured from low-level EJ'ying!

On to the next TT journey!

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2018, 02:06 
Super User

Blade: Donic Defplay Senso
FH: Mark V HPS 2.0
BH: Dtecs OX
From everything I have read on forums and tried myself. I can say you might prefer a small sponge like 0.5 but OX isn't bad as well.

Cheaper pips you could use: 388D, Cloud and Fog 3, Friendship 755 3.

My Vlog / Blog
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=32572