OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 13:41

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2018, 17:06 

Blade: DHS PG7 Penhold
FH: Impartial XB 1.7mm
BH: N/A
I need help selecting a future blade. I currently use DHS TG7-Penhold with Short Pimples Butterfly Impartial XB 1.7mm with nothing on the backhand side. I want to either get the same racket or upgrade to something better but i'm not sure what.

I was considering either 1. Butterfly Supreme Speed - Chinese Penhold or 2. Butterfly Amultart ZLC - Chinese Penhold

I want to make the best decision I can!

Here is a short clip of how my strokes look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlIT0Nh ... e=youtu.be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJGxu9raGZo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnefepPbdgo

http://www.paddlepalace.com/TG7-P-Penho ... nfo/PCT7P/

https://www.megaspin.net/store/default. ... reme-speed

https://www.megaspin.net/store/default. ... art-zlc-cs

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2018, 22:53 
Super User

Blade: DHS PowerG-9 OFF++
FH: Yasaka Rakza X
BH: Palio Thor
I would tell you to go with the highest butterfly simply becos you play waaay better than me. :lol: Since you can play well why not get the best equipment there is? Butterfly stuff is expensive but worth its weight in gold to decent players.

Amultart should be good right? Sorry I am a beginner and I don't think you need beginner advice :lol: :-D

1. FH/BH-YRakza9/XOmegaVT
    2. FH/BH-TSP Spectol/Yinhe Qing OX
  • 729 Bomb C-P : FH/BH-DHS H2 Orig/DHS H3 Orig
  • TSP Versal :
    1. FH/BH-XOmegaVA/YJupiter-II
    2. FH/BH-*blank*
Fun blades:
  • Yasaka Battle Balsa(ST) : FH/BH- DHS TG2Neo/Gewo HypeXT 47
  • Dr. Neubauer
    High Technology
    Cypress-Carbon(ST)
    ***************************** : FH/BH-YRakza7/YRakza7
==========================================================

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2018, 09:49 
The aPPrentice
The aPPrentice

You're already using a very fast blade, but the blades you're looking at are faster and with carbon. With short pips I don't suggest getting a carbon blade because of the numb feeling of carbon.

Your strokes look very good and you seem to be very comfortable with your current setup, so I don't think you should change to something different.

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2018, 12:13 

ilikepie wrote:
You're already using a very fast blade, but the blades you're looking at are faster and with carbon. With short pips I don't suggest getting a carbon blade because of the numb feeling of carbon.

Your strokes look very good and you seem to be very comfortable with your current setup, so I don't think you should change to something different.

You're right, I guess it is a pretty fast blade already haha I am very comfortable with my set up right now and i've been using this blade for quite some time so changing could hurt my game.

I didn't know carbon had a numb feeling to it :o Interesting

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2018, 12:14 

man_iii wrote:
I would tell you to go with the highest butterfly simply becos you play waaay better than me. :lol: Since you can play well why not get the best equipment there is? Butterfly stuff is expensive but worth its weight in gold to decent players.

Amultart should be good right? Sorry I am a beginner and I don't think you need beginner advice :lol: :-D

Hahaha It's okay man, I appreciate any advice! Good luck in your table tennis endeavors my friend!

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2018, 18:44 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Matsushita Pro
FH: Rakza Z
BH: Dawei 388D-1
I went from a PG7 to a Hurricane Long 3, which may just be be a more expensive version, but is built to higher tolerances I think. Shouldn't mess too much with your game, but is not identical (otherwise, why bother?)

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2018, 22:03 
I am Legend
I am Legend

If you want a harder feel, go the amultart. If you want a springier feel, go the supreme speed (thicker core)

Alternatively, based on those videos you could just go a thicker sponge - up to 1.9 or max. But then again, I don't know what the rest of your game looks like.

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2018, 05:32 

Silver wrote:
If you want a harder feel, go the amultart. If you want a springier feel, go the supreme speed (thicker core)

Alternatively, based on those videos you could just go a thicker sponge - up to 1.9 or max. But then again, I don't know what the rest of your game looks like.

The rest of my game is more oriented towards up close blocking/counter-hitting game like Shan Xioana. I used to be a looper emulating Ma Lin with 2.1mm inverted rubber on my forehand but I prefer the blocking game. So keeping it at 1.7mm helps me manage super hard loops from my opponents. I understand blocking and sense of touch comes with experience but the other advantage of a thinner sheet is being able to keep the shots lower when counter-hitting them back.

Interesting though.... Your description of the rackets helps me understand the difference between them. I'm gravitating toward Supreme Speed. Question, so are the outer plys for Supreme Speed softer on the outside then?

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2018, 08:32 
I am Legend
I am Legend

I found a picture of the supreme speed. Looks like a medium thick hinoki top ply with a thick core, so should feel softer and more bouncy.

The amultart should be more linear. Less bouncy, slower on soft hits, etc.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!