OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 14:40

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2018, 10:13 

Hi all,

Joola 325 and aurus sound are 2 of my favourite rubbers and I was disappointed to learn recently that Joola is no longer producing the 325.

I got pointed to Yinhe blades on another forum and have since become a Chinese blade convert , so I wondered if just maybe I could do something similar with rubbers?

I am unlikely to ever be good enough to change to anything with much of a harder sponge and I'm fine with that as I enjoy my game play just fine making up for my lack of skill with a soft rubber . I like to try to spin the ball , so I need grippy? I've tried a few tacky rubbers and again I lack the skill to utilise them well ( at least I guess that is my problem).

Not sure if it makes any difference really, but I will be pairing this with the pro feeling blade?

Thanks all in advance.

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2018, 18:00 
Super User

Blade: Palio WAY-003
FH: Yinhe Mars II medium
BH: Yinhe 955
You're talking about the Joola Energy 325?

I don't know if any China rubber will be that soft while still having enough catapult but you may give the Sanwei T88-Taiji a try. I guess Yinhe Moon Soft will be too fast while you may dislike the throw of Yinhe Mercury II - nonethelss, it's cheap enough to give it a try. On the other side of the range I guess Reactor Corbor will be too weird and slow and maybe too tacky as well.

Of course, you may give Palio CJ8000 with japanese sponge a try as well.

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2018, 13:34 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

There is/was a version of Yasaka Zap with 33 degree sponge. And I suppose there's always Reactor Ckylin... :lol:

Iskandar