OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 08:16

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2018, 12:24 
I am Legend
I am Legend

Ditch your european and price requirements.

Darker 7P2A
:rofl:

because hinoki blades smell nice.

And they have a nice natural carved 1 piece (well, 2) handle, instead of those coloured and sliced handles.

edit Or my other favourite. Acoustic.

edit more:
Other stuff I really liked (no idea on current pricing):
Stiga offensive nct. Nothing like the rest of the offensive line.
Stiga rosewood V
Yasaka Max Wood (7ply like a thin clipper. I prefer this to clippers)
Nittaku Septear

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2018, 16:34 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

I do have a 7p2a. It's surprisingly light, and slow in comparison to the N11 I was using back when I bought it. Maybe I should revisit it (though there's nothing wrong with the M8 I'm using now). It's the total opposite of the M8 when it comes to price, though.. Actually I should also revisit my Yinhe Kiso 7 blades (I have three of those).

Iskandar

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2018, 16:44 
I am Legend
I am Legend

huh
maybe i should get myself an N11...

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2018, 19:18 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Donic Baracuda Big Slam
BH: Victas Triple Regular
I did have an N11 but sold it. It's just me but I'd never really have confidence in a cheap blade, no matter how good it was. Something would just keep niggling at me. That's not to say it has to be expensive but just known to be a great blade. Having said that, I'd struggle to have a W6 or PG7 as my number 1 long term blade despite good reviews.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2018, 19:36 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
haggisv wrote:
The Samsonov Force Pro BE is certainly a nice blade that fits your requirements... I glued one up only today, and was reminded how nice and chunky the handle is. It's certainly in the OFF range for speed. Clipper is an old classic too. Another worth considering is the TSP Swat.
Yeah, Force Pro BE is a good one.
Unfortunately for me, the chunky handle is a bit too chunky for me. For for those having bigger hands and/or prefer chunky handle it would be great.

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2018, 19:53 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Matsushita Pro
FH: Rakza Z
BH: Dawei 388D-1
DHS Hurricane Long 3 is for me the king of the clippers. Or a 506. But both are outside your price range (the 506 not desperately so) and not European. So the Tibhar Force Pro BE looks a good bet, although a little heavier than your preference.

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2018, 20:21 
I am Legend
I am Legend

Cobalt wrote:
I did have an N11 but sold it. It's just me but I'd never really have confidence in a cheap blade, no matter how good it was. Something would just keep niggling at me. That's not to say it has to be expensive but just known to be a great blade. Having said that, I'd struggle to have a W6 or PG7 as my number 1 long term blade despite good reviews.

Hah me too. I've never been 100% happy with galaxy and friendship blades quality wise.

I do like DHS blades though. There's one I didn't mention - Hurricane HWL. Really nice blade. Sort of similar to a bty KLH.

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2018, 22:30 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Here's a few blades I've dismissed
Tibhar Stratus Powerwood - was looking at a second hand one but had size I bigger then I want. Slightly heavy too.
Donic Waldner Senso Carbon - Have always wanted this one for some reason but not a big fan of the Allplay its based on. Carbon might lose the feel.
Tibhar Samsonov Alpha - Head a fraction small and FL handle is a bit small. A mate has one and prefer to be different though it played well.
DHS PG7 - Can't bring myself to get a Chinese blade as my main blade. I'm sure it's great though.
Avalon BT555 - Have used the BT550 and wasn't that impressed. Not sure if it was the feel or the purple.
Xiom Offensive S - Used it and feels just what I want but once again it's my mates and I like to try different things.

So there's just an example of the pointless overthinking I do when buying something new.

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2018, 23:03 
I am Legend
I am Legend

Not really overthinking. If you don't like it, you won't play well with it :D

Donic WSC are overrated. Poor feel and not really carbony enough.
BT555 - It was ok, but the feel was overrated. Ditto with P500. Didn't mind the 777 but a bit heavy.

Those Donic 89 series blades look nice actually.

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2018, 23:16 

Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita
FH: Tenergy 05 1.7
BH: Victas P1V 1.0
Cobalt wrote:

Are there much cheaper blades around than your Appelgren? :rofl:

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2018, 23:47 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

The thing about quality - I could find absolutely no fault with the N11's build quality. It looked and felt a great deal better than my Stiga Allround Classic. Taking off that shrink wrap for the first time, that was tactile ecstasy, it was just so darned mirror smooth. The Stiga was roughly built in comparison - the lens, for instance, stuck out about one mm. Yinhe makes their own blades (other than the Kiso Hinoki ones - those come from Taiwan, like everyone else's), and every one I've bought was built every bit as good as the Darkers and Nittakus and Stigas I've had.

(I actually own three N11s and used them continuously for something like two years, and I kept going back to them after trying some fairly expensive blades.)

Other Chinese manufacturers aren't as good. HRT and Palio can be atrocious (NOT a sign of confidence when the name label/plate comes off the butt end, or is applied crooked). Sanwei? A little rough. The M8 (costs $9 including shipping) IS a little rough (there's a bit much in the way of variation of blade thickness from blade to blade) but it feels excellent and plays really nicely. Haven't had any good reason to try DHS as yet.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2018, 07:33 
I am Legend
I am Legend

I agree that the finish of galaxy blades are generally good for surface smoothness, etc.

However, of the dozen or so that I've had, I've seen a fair amount of ply thickness inconsistency. Typically on composite blades.

I think the best finished galaxy blade I had was a 961...

I haven't had a stiga blade with a protruding lens. I think all of the ones I had were inset by a few mm instead. If you're looking at lens finish, Xiom is better for this.

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2018, 08:12 
I am Legend
I am Legend

Did you end up getting anything?

Early this morning, while sleep deprived and jigging the baby trying to get him back to sleep, that I really like Clippers...

They play well, nothing outstanding but well balanced across the board. And for some reason I really like the finish on these (not super smooth and slick)...

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2018, 11:56 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Yes, I ended up ordering the Gewo Alvaro Robles Off-. My decision was pretty superficial but in the end it was between that and the Force Pro Blue Edition but the Gewo handle won me over.

Should arrive in the next couple days and I'll post my findings.

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2018, 13:11 
I am Legend
I am Legend

Quote:
The 5-ply Alvaro Robles OFF- is ideal for any playing situation. Depending on your choice of rubbers, this blade can be used not only for powerful but controllable attacking, it also provides you with all the flexibility you need in passive situations. It gives the player excellent ball feedback and control on all ground strokes, as well as supporting soulful topspins and direct attack strikes...

Please report back on how soulful your topspins become... :lol: