OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 06:07

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Blade Rubber Combo
PostPosted: 08 Mar 2018, 03:28 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
ootbs wrote:
Any suggestions on how to glue on an OX rubber? A layer on the rubber, then dry? A layer on the blade, then dry?

Whats a good glue or type of glue to use?

Shall I seal/lacquer my Defplay Senso? If yes, which one?

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DB using Tapatalk

Glue sheets in my opinion are unnecessary. As PGPG said, it's just a big double sided scotch tape. But often, the adhesive is quite strong so you risk damaging things on removal, even if the blade is sealed (especially a defplay).

For OX pips (and yes I sound like a broken record because I recommend this on everyone of these threads)

Use Rubber Cement on the blade, and Water Based Glue on the LPs. The WBG will not curl up or react with the rubber, unlike RC. But the RC is mild enough that there is no way you will splinter your racket on removal. I will never use solely WBG or a glue sheet again. No reason to.

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2018, 03:32 
Super User

Japsican wrote:
ootbs wrote:
Any suggestions on how to glue on an OX rubber? A layer on the rubber, then dry? A layer on the blade, then dry?

Whats a good glue or type of glue to use?

Shall I seal/lacquer my Defplay Senso? If yes, which one?

Glue sheets in my opinion are unnecessary. As PGPG said, it's just a big double sided scotch tape. But often, the adhesive is quite strong so you risk damaging things on removal, even if the blade is sealed (especially a defplay).

For OX pips (and yes I sound like a broken record because I recommend this on everyone of these threads)

Use Rubber Cement on the blade, and Water Based Glue on the LPs. The WBG will not curl up or react with the rubber, unlike RC. But the RC is mild enough that there is no way you will splinter your racket on removal. I will never use solely WBG or a glue sheet again. No reason to.
Rubber cement.. Once again, unheard of, in this part of the world

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2018, 01:16 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Matsushita Pro
FH: Rakza Z
BH: Dawei 388D-1
What part of the world is this?

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2018, 03:10 
Super User

darucla wrote:
What part of the world is this?

India

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2018, 20:20 
Super User

Hello,

So, I couldn't wait any longer to test-out my new Defplay V3 blade and rubbers, so I went ahead with the Xiom Vega Europe (Max) on the FH, and an old Mark V (Max) on the BH; until I figure-out how to glue-on an OX, without screwing it up.

This is my first tensor rubber, and I found it pretty different.. It felt rather bouncy. I've been playing with this combo for 3 days now, and I feel that it's rather fast for my close to table style of play... I thought, that this rubber would suite me, given that my blade is a Def+ blade, but it seems like I was mistaken... Hitting topspins was fine, but I found it rather difficult to do over-the-table chops/pushes, and blocking topspins (the ball would just fly-off long).. The Vega Europe is supposed to offer lots of control ... Is it my technique ?

Shall I persevere (matter of just getting used to?) , or switch to another rubber ? as long as it's around the same price-range as the Vega Europe. I want to start chopping, a bit away from the table too... It seemed almost impossible to do with the Vega Europe, with the ball just flying-off long.

An all-around rubber perhaps ? Something that can top-spin (medium speed, but super spinny), chop over or away, Block topspins (with decent dampening effect), push, all this with emphasis on control... Am I asking for the impossible ?

How would one of the Vega rubbers be, in say, 2.0mm ? Or an MX-S or EL-P etc, in 1.7 - 1.9mm ? I'm, ofcourse, open to non-tensor options too..

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2018, 22:15 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tsp Black Balsa 3.0
FH: t05 1.9 boosted
BH: 388d ox black
You could use the mark v on fhand till you get better, glue the Vega Euro to another blade to prevent shrinkage

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2018, 22:45 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
What rubber did you use before on your old blade? I suspect Defplay is slower than Jonyer, so a bit surprised everything flies long now.

You can adjust to pretty much any rubber, by the way.

Also - at some point it becomes impossible to give meaningful advice without knowing how you play. Descriptions are fine, but I've seen too many times a huge disconnect between what is described and what is actually going on. In other words, a short video would be helpful.

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2018, 04:53 
Super User

pgpg wrote:
What rubber did you use before on your old blade? I suspect Defplay is slower than Jonyer, so a bit surprised everything flies long now.

You can adjust to pretty much any rubber, by the way.

Also - at some point it becomes impossible to give meaningful advice without knowing how you play. Descriptions are fine, but I've seen too many times a huge disconnect between what is described and what is actually going on. In other words, a short video would be helpful.
Yes, the Defplay is slower than the Joyner, but I dont think it's slow. I'm not used to the bouncyness of the Vega...

Looping is less problematic... Its the chopping and blocking that seems to make the balls fly off fast... I don't have the same issue (with blocking) with my Joyner along with my H3 Neo or Mark.. Never tried chopping.

Ill probably get used to the Vega Europe where topspin and looping is concerned.. Even passive blocking, with some adjustments to the bat angle, but I wonder about chopping..

Anyway, I'll TRY taking some VIDEOS..

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2018, 04:58 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
dazzler wrote:
You could use the mark v on fhand till you get better, glue the Vega Euro to another blade to prevent shrinkage

Yes if you try the Mark V on the f/h and find it about right then choose a non tensor rubber in say 2mm. If a bit too slow for kills then one of the more linear tensors in 1.8mm or 2mm and not too soft for more precise short game. Vega Europe df in max will indeed be very soft and bouncy and is really only for best for mid range top spin loop style play.

Plenty of threads on this forum on choosing f/h rubber for Def blades such as yours

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2018, 03:07 
Super User

ChasFox wrote:
dazzler wrote:

Yes if you try the Mark V on the f/h and find it about right then choose a non tensor rubber in say 2mm. If a bit too slow for kills then one of the more linear tensors in 1.8mm or 2mm and not too soft for more precise short game. Vega Europe df in max will indeed be very soft and bouncy and is really only for best for mid range top spin loop style play.

Plenty of threads on this forum on choosing f/h rubber for Def blades such as yours
The Vega Europe is not available in less and 2mm

Ive gone through some other posts on what rubber ton use on a Def blade.. The suggestions that I see most often are The Palio CJ8000 Biotech Japan, which I just cannot find anywhere, and Yasaka Rakza 7 Soft, which is out of my budget...

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2018, 09:28 
Super User

FH: Armstrong SH-I 1.8
BH: S&T Hellfire X OX
I had a similar issue with chopping and pushing after going from Mark V to Tensors which I mostly found too bouncy for consistent chopping. There are some that are less bouncy - Vega Intro is an introductory Tensor with reduced catapult that worked well. Hexer Duro is fairly linear but probably not much different to Vega Euro. As for me, I decided in the end to stay with Japanese rubbers on my FH as I find that their performance is generally more linear which suits me better.

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2018, 14:37 
Super User

Dusty054 wrote:
I had a similar issue with chopping and pushing after going from Mark V to Tensors which I mostly found too bouncy for consistent chopping. There are some that are less bouncy - Vega Intro is an introductory Tensor with reduced catapult that worked well. Hexer Duro is fairly linear but probably not much different to Vega Euro. As for me, I decided in the end to stay with Japanese rubbers on my FH as I find that their performance is generally more linear which suits me better.

Which one are you currently using ?

I finally managed to find the Vega Europe in 1.8mm thickness... Worth a Try ?

Too many parameters ... too many options... it's all very confusing now...

Paralysis By Analysis , yet again.

I feel a bit compelled to put so much thought into this, since in India, we have limited options, and what is available is comparatively expensive, which makes it difficult to narrow down on the best-suited option, by trial-n-error

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2018, 17:35 
Super User

I'm mainly using SH-I as per my sig, but it's expensive and not easy to source. Rakza 7 soft and Mark V HPS in 1.8 are a couple of alternatives.

However I think Vega Euro in 1.8 is well worth a try. .

Are you sure you need a faster rubber than Mark V on your FH? It's very versatile and chops quite well. I'd agree that a video would be helpful.

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2018, 17:54 
Super User

Dusty054 wrote:
I'm mainly using SH-I as per my sig, but it's expensive and not easy to source. Rakza 7 soft and Mark V HPS in 1.8 are a couple of alternatives.

However I think Vega Euro in 1.8 is well worth a try. .

Are you sure you need a faster rubber than Mark V on your FH? It's very versatile and chops quite well. I'd agree that a video would be helpful.

The Mark V is something I've been using for a long long time... and yes, for most parts, it's served me pretty well...

but here's the quandary - If I am looking, purely from the point of view just looping, then I would like something faster than a Mark V, and the XVE max, I'm hoping would be fine, once I'm used to it ... However, I also want to learn(atleast try to) to chop, a bit away from the table for which I think would be difficult with the XVE max.

Post subject: Blade Rubber Combo
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2018, 18:14 
Super User

I think you’ll get used to it, though I’ve never used a max thickness rubber. Generally 1.8 is enough for me. The thicker rubbers are great for topspin but I don’t like the spongy feel when chopping. Just a personal preference though.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next