OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 08:03

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Equipment question
PostPosted: 05 May 2018, 16:22 

Blade: Butterfly Joo SaeHyuk
FH: Tenergy 64 1.9mm
BH: TSP curl P1R 1.0mm
Hi guys,

I'm a table tennis player from Belgium and recently I've been thinking a lot about changing my equipment. Currently I play with the Butterly Joo SaeHyuk blade with Tenergy 64 1.9mm on FH and TSP curl P1R 1.0mm on backhand.
As for my playing style, I chop with my backhand and tend twiddle regularly to push with my inverted rubber when I get a backspin ball on my backhand side. With my forehand I like to play slow and very spinny topspins on backspin balls, but also some harder topspin on float or less backspin balls. When I get more away from the table I will chop forehand or counter topspin.
I'm facing some issues:
- When I twiddle to push with my Tenergy I sometimes lack control and miss an easy push shot
- When I chop forehand with Tenergy I also miss control sometimes (I do like my Tenergy when it comes to my aggresive strokes)
- When I chop with my long pimples I also lack control sometimes resulting in inconsistent chops.

Last night I was testing a bat from a friend who uses Joola Badman Ox on a offensive blade. When I chopped with this rubber my balls were very low to the net, deep on the table and had decent amounts of backspin on them. I felt like I had so much control.
I always wanted to buy the Victas Koji Matsushita blade, but will I have the same result with the chops then on an aggresive blade?

So I would like to have some advice/thoughts on what I should use as forehand rubber and as long pimples (maybe also if blade is good...). For those who are familiar with the rating system in Belgium, I am B6.

Post subject: Re: Equipment question
PostPosted: 06 May 2018, 20:15 
Super User

Blade: Palio WAY-003
FH: Yinhe Mars II medium
BH: Yinhe 955
B6? Am I correct to assume that B6 is similar to ELO 1800 (nttb)?

Is there any chance you know the type of off-blade from your friend? I assume you've already tried T64 at >1.9mm, the T64fx, the T80, or/and P1r at <1mm already (nevertheless, control issues on pushing with T05 and T64 / P1R close to the table aren't unusual)?!

If you can get your hands on the Matsushita blade with your rubbers on it it could turn out to be exactly what you need.

Post subject: Re: Equipment question
PostPosted: 08 May 2018, 02:37 

Blade: Butterfly Joo SaeHyuk
FH: Tenergy 64 1.9mm
BH: TSP curl P1R 1.0mm
I have 1900 ELO points.

I have never tried another thickness of P1R as 1.0mm. I played with Tenergy 64 2.1mm for 1 year and because of the lack of control in chopping and pushing I switched to 1.9mm which is already better but still I make easy pushing errors. I have never tried another Tenergy series rubber.

The joola badman ox rubber was on a joola TPE nature blade.