OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 16:34

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 22 May 2018, 08:24 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

Blade: ?
FH: ?
BH: ?
Tibhar Evolution MX-P for me.

I know this is a popular rubber but I was very disappointed. I had high hopes of it as my forehand rubber to replace my Tibhar 1QXD. However, for me, it ended up playing like a version of Xiom Omega - very bouncy with not much feel and I really struggled to match it to a blade I liked.

PostPosted: 22 May 2018, 09:18 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
Ehimle wrote:
Every balsa blade i’ve bought.

Hahaha

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 22 May 2018, 10:40 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Defence Alpha
FH: Donic Slice 40 CD 1.5 mm
BH: LKTStrgr+KokBLuJap 1.1 mm
My experience with Donic Anti is gold. Very easy to do anything!

Than came Butterfly Super Anti, which is my worst rubber ever.

A lot of opponent point came cause I chop the ball, and the ball spin in place, and fall "before table" O_Q

Sent from my i5E using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 22 May 2018, 19:43 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Matsushita Pro
FH: Rakza Z
BH: Dawei 388D-1
Debater wrote:

I know this is a popular rubber but I was very disappointed. I had high hopes of it as my forehand rubber to replace my Tibhar 1QXD. However, for me, it ended up playing like a version of Xiom Omega - very bouncy with not much feel and I really struggled to match it to a blade I liked.
I use MX-P on the BH of my HL3, and I am very happy with it. I have to admit that I have had trouble with any tensor or Tenergy type on the FH, but MX-P on my BH gives the opponent trouble.

I have had a few cases where I have put stuff aside after initial trials, sometimes disappointed, or just plain unimpressed. Recently, I found a couple of MK V rubbers, which i had not liked on my old Stiga AC. I also found an XVT alc clone, which I had found pretty underwhelming. So i put the two together (idle hands etc), and I ended up with a combination which reminded me of the MK V from all those years ago when I thought it was way too fast for me. Now, I can handle it, and it's fun to play with in the off-season. Quite comforting in fact.

PostPosted: 22 May 2018, 22:49 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
I always buy cheap second hand gear on e bay and sell on if it doesnt suit.
im then not hit that much in the wallet.
biggest disapointment was listening to how great thin rubbers were for defence and buying several.
They blocked badly,were too fast and you couldnt loop-Just didnt suit my gamestyle at all.

PostPosted: 23 May 2018, 04:21 
Super User

Debater wrote:

+1

Same here.

For clarity, I'm normally an unboosted Chinese rubber guy. Anyways.

Decided to splurge and spend a little more than what I normally do to try MXP. First night it was amazing. Maybe placebo effect. Maybe not. Either way. It was great. What I didn't like is how quickly that tuning effect wore off. Before I knew it, it felt like I just had an unboosted, somewhat squishy sponged rubber with a topsheet not as gripy as Chinese tacky. Euro rubbers never are when it comes to topsheets IMO.

So a spring sponge type somewhat soft compared to more firm sponges that I was use to and it just felt slow. Went back to what I know and haven't looked back since.

PostPosted: 23 May 2018, 04:40 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Blade: Nittaku Shake Defense
FH: Tibhar EvolutionELP 1.9mm
BH: Saviga Super Block OX
Air UPUPUP OX long pips (US version). Rubber was just bizarre and didn't react in any of the ways I expected normal long pips to react. Ball would die into the net or fly off, and I had no idea why.

IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX

PostPosted: 23 May 2018, 14:37 
I am Legend
I am Legend

I remember being pretty disappointed with Dawei Inspirit Quattro too. I think that the sheet I got wasn't consistent across the surface and the topsheet separated very easily. When you hit it in the right spot it wasn't bad though.

I also recall being mildly disappointed with Joola energy. Went from terrific feel and spin (but delicate) tango to a low spin thick feeling rubber.

PostPosted: 23 May 2018, 15:08 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Cobalt wrote:
iskandar taib wrote:
Reactor Ckylin. Chinese Blue Fire my foot... :lol:

Iskandar

You would only have been disappointed if you actually expected it to be like Bluefire. :o :lol:

Wasn't expecting that exactly, but "Blue Fire" was pasted over the ads. I was expecting something usable, at least as good as Corbor. Instead it turned out to be far slower than ANY OTHER SHEET I've tried.. if it weren't grippy it'd probably make a good anti.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 23 May 2018, 16:31 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Donic Baracuda Big Slam
BH: Victas Triple Regular
I guess its all relative - I'd say Ckylin is closer to Bluefire than it is a hippopotamus. :D

PostPosted: 24 May 2018, 12:25 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: 729 HS Champion carbon
FH: Razka X max, black
BH: SavigaV LP 1.0 red/green
When i think of most disappointing I tend to think of high cost items. But I have been most disappointed in DHS hurricane 3. I have bought it 3 or 4 times over the years and it never fails. I absolutely cannot stand it or do ANYTHING with it. Its not like I feel this way about chinese rubbers. I have used many chinese rubbers over the years (729, sanwei, xu sha fa, etc) and liked most all of them. H3 has never failed to terribly disappoint.

PostPosted: 24 May 2018, 13:52 
I am Legend
I am Legend

so when do we get a 'most satisfactory purchase' thread?

PostPosted: 24 May 2018, 14:41 
The EJ's Boogyman
The EJ's Boogyman

I rarely buy a blade (I used one for around 25 years) but after reading the continued on-line hype re Viscarias I relented and bought one. Sadly, FOR ME it was just like any other carbon blade - no feel and difficult to get any arc on the ball. Luckily the Viscarias are easy to resell.

PostPosted: 24 May 2018, 15:08 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

vanjr wrote:
When i think of most disappointing I tend to think of high cost items. But I have been most disappointed in DHS hurricane 3. I have bought it 3 or 4 times over the years and it never fails. I absolutely cannot stand it or do ANYTHING with it. Its not like I feel this way about chinese rubbers. I have used many chinese rubbers over the years (729, sanwei, xu sha fa, etc) and liked most all of them. H3 has never failed to terribly disappoint.

I will have to admit H3 does feel different compared to the other Chinese sheets. It's a fair amount slower, for one. Sort of ironic because a lot of people say Batwings, Corbor, etc. are "slow" and the people who are well known for using H3 hit pretty darned hard with it. Maybe it's a true "professional rubber", you have to be a professional grade player to use it. (They make this claim for MX-P, but _I_ found that one easy to use.) I bought H3, knowing this (it's slow speed been mentioned here on the forum several times) so I wasn't disappointed when it behaved exactly as people said it did.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 24 May 2018, 20:37 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
vanjr wrote:
When i think of most disappointing I tend to think of high cost items.

High cost items? I still have a new, unused sheet of Joola Timeless, the $100+ rubber that the ITTF approved, but then quickly banned before I could use it. That was pretty disappointing now that I think about it. Another frictionless anti debacle.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next