OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 15:55

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 26 May 2018, 00:18 
My Precious

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Joola Golden Tango
BH: Tibhar Dtecs OX
keme, for me it was discovering the TSP Trinity Carbon blade fantastic. :up: :clap: :clap: :party:

See the ball, be the ball...

PostPosted: 26 May 2018, 01:13 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

LOOPOVER wrote:
DHS 3* D40+ plastic abs balls from ttnpp $40 for 72, Ding Ning picture on box.

Play great

+1

after the change to poly and paying $3 a ball for garbage that didn't bounce right, or cracked in 1 minute of play, it was fantastic to be able to buy good 3* poly balls in bulk at a great price.

Yoko Ono

PostPosted: 26 May 2018, 01:53 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
BRS wrote:
LOOPOVER wrote:

Play great

+1

after the change to poly and paying $3 a ball for garbage that didn't bounce right, or cracked in 1 minute of play, it was fantastic to be able to buy good 3* poly balls in bulk at a great price.

I was hoping you would say the Wally Rebounder board. Looking hard at that.

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 26 May 2018, 01:55 

pgpg wrote:
Sword 309 Def blade - I know some folks have an issue with the wings being too low and thus sanding them down, but it was fine for me 'as is'. It just clicked for me.

AK47 Blue - real bargain (had it for less than 12$) and very solid rubber IMHO. Encourages high percentage shots somehow.

What's the AK47 like? Is it tacky? I am starting a new foray into tacky chinese and so far I am REALLY loving it.

Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 26 May 2018, 02:00 

Defplay Senso - ST
I just always come back to this blade no matter how bad I EJ. I just ordered 2 more backups.

LPs are tricky for me. 3 way tie between P-1R, Dornenglanz, and GD Meteorite. I love them all. Probably DG if I was forced to pick.

PostPosted: 26 May 2018, 02:38 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Japsican wrote:
BRS wrote:
LOOPOVER wrote:

Play great

+1

I was hoping you would say the Wally Rebounder board. Looking hard at that.

Well the OP only asked for one. The return board was a very good purchase I would do again in a heartbeat, unlike many other robot/blade/rubber buys.

But after all the tournaments in FL switched from seamless to NP 3* balls with zero warning I was seriously.going to stop competing because I can't afford to train with those balls. So the dhs 3* coming out with better quality at 1/5 the price was a lifesaver.

Yoko Ono

PostPosted: 26 May 2018, 02:52 

Blade: Soulspin Basalt
FH: Victas 402 Limber
BH: GD Cropcircles OX
Gollum wrote:
keme, for me it was discovering the TSP Trinity Carbon blade fantastic. :up: :clap: :clap: :party:

Still like my Trinity Carbon too. I tried to get a bak-up but the UK supplier no longer stocks and persuaded me that a Tibhar Rapid Carbon is more or less identical. Actually it's completely different. :swear:

PostPosted: 26 May 2018, 16:02 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

Blade: ?
FH: ?
BH: ?
FH: Juic Couga - no longer ITTF Authorised and the reason I found this website after a google search for "juic couga"
BH: Dr Evil (ox) - from a purely fun to use perspective
Blade: Peter Freundlieb custom, made to suit my style, different veneers on backhand and forheand. Scratched an itch.
Shoes: Asics Gel Hunter, still going strong after 4.5yrs

PostPosted: 26 May 2018, 20:55 
I am Legend
I am Legend

Woohoo. Might have to do another top-10

10. Joola Tango/Tango Extrem. Super satifying for at least the first match. Then it either chipped or bubbled. Or both. I went to Donic F1 afterwards but it wasn't as good - just more durable and cheaper.

9. Gerflor Taraflex. Ok, I didn't actually purchase it (it cost 45k), but I helped do the run around to get quotes/install after we got a grant.

8. Darker 7P2A. I like hinoki blades, especially 7-ply. I think these are actually slower than my other favourite 7-ply hinoki - Septear - but there's something about Darker blades...

7. Butterfly Defense II. It's big, and heavy, and feels terrific. Too bad I'm not a defender.

6. Butterfly Schlager Carbon. I got this 2nd hand as I already had a Primorac Carbon and was fully prepared to hate the blade. Surprise. This with glued Bryce on it was possibly the best loopdrive combo I've ever tried.

5. Galaxy 961. I really liked the feel of this allround blade. Stiff and decently hard, doesn't have the soft "bong" characteristic of many other allround blades. Too bad I snapped it but I guess I could have bought 10 for the price of an Acoustic.

4. Nittaku Acoustic. Stupid expensive and doesn't actually shine in any one particular area, but after being mildly disappointed by the Violin, then a few others this one was pretty good at doing everything. Still my favourite blade on the market. I put this as the highest blade in my list, because it's outlasted all of the others.

3. Butterfly Tenergy 64. My favourite backhand rubber. It just works.

2. Stiga Energy Glue. A bit on the thin side, but brought a smile to my face every time I hit with it.

1. Nittaku Premium 3* 40. It's rounder than round.

Tied 1st. OOAK Shirt. I had two, so I guess it wasn't really OOAK.

PostPosted: 26 May 2018, 23:58 
My Precious

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Joola Golden Tango
BH: Tibhar Dtecs OX
mikea wrote:
Gollum wrote:

Still like my Trinity Carbon too. I tried to get a bak-up but the UK supplier no longer stocks and persuaded me that a Tibhar Rapid Carbon is more or less identical. Actually it's completely different. :swear:

mikea, the Ooak table tennis shop still has then if you what another. :clap: :clap:

See the ball, be the ball...