OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:15

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 24 May 2018, 22:44 

Blade: Xiom Feel Zx2
FH: Xiom Musa III
BH: Xiom Vega Europe
Hello
I am a fifty year old who plays for a year and a half, twice a week, full of goodwill and little talent :) I play in an amateur club where nobody knows much about material and so I am "lost" in choosing a blade and rubbers.
The first setup I bought, long used and bitten in combat, was Timo B Spirit. I tested several ALL and OFF woods and now I use one Xiom Feel Zx2 with two Xiom Musa.
In an amateur tournament I tried a Darker ... I loved it! I read avidly everything I could about the Darker and Hinoki, (much of the information came from this forum) and bought two models, 7P-2a ​​and the same Point carbon.
I have difficulty choosing suitable rubbers. I tested several Xiom that circulate in the club: Vega - Asia, Pro, Europe and Tour, between 1.8 and 2mm, Omega: Euro, Pro, thickness Max. I also tried two Frienship 729, 1.8 and 2mm.
The style of play I like is aggressive and I try to stay close to the table. I do not like the "Xiom's" in the Darker because they seem "soft" and "apathetic" and the Friendship are too hard for my agility, but I like to feel the tacky.
I thought of trying a soft tacky, the Nittaku Hurricane Pro 3 Turbo Orange or the DHS Hurricane 3-50 Soft.
Any comment or recommendation about this rubbers or combo to my Darker's blades is most welcome, most of what I learned about rubbers and woods was in this forum :)
Hugs to all

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2018, 17:55 

Blade: Darker Speed 90
FH: Tenergy 80
BH: Tenergy 64
Hello,

I've been using the Nittaku Hurricane Pro 3 Turbo on 2 Zetro Quad blades. The zetro quad has a hinoki top ply and though playing characteristics will vary due to the difference in the blades we use, I would reccommend the NHP3TO. It isn't a very soft sponge though and it's pretty heavy. Has a lot of tack and combined with a blade that has hinoki, the dwell time is huge and I found looping, pushes and blocks to be a breeze. Pretty controlled too, but that's just my opinion. Haven't tried the Hurricane 3-50 though so can't comment.
Do you intend to use the same rubber for FH and BH? If you use NH3PTO on both sides, the weight of the racket will be pretty high.

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2018, 19:23 

Blade: Xiom Feel Zx2
FH: Xiom Musa III
BH: Xiom Vega Europe
Hi
Thanks for the information. Xiom Feel Zx2, the blade I was using before as also Hinoki outer ply and works well with most of Xiom rubbers. But "all-hinoki" is a different feel that I cant explain well because I lack experience, and this last days I discovered that many people use "all-hinoki" with pips-out rubbers.
Weight in rubbers is not a problem, the my Darker's blades are light, between 80-85 gms. I will give a try to your recommendation, the NH3PTO, in particular the good block is a thing that I must develop.
Meanwhile I am waiting for a DHS skyline 30-60 mid-hard to test - around here nobody uses "tacky" rubbers so I have chosen trough "readings" online, blind date style :)
Again, thanks for your comments.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!