OOAK Table Tennis Forum


A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
Live Table Tennis Videos Table Tennis News Live OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 15 Aug 2018, 07:06


Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!



All times are UTC + 9:30 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: 27 May 2018, 13:49 
Offline
New Member

Joined: 27 Apr 2018, 14:28
Posts: 38
Location: United States
Has thanked: 49 times
Been thanked: 5 times
Blade: TSP Yamato S
FH: Butterfly Sriver D13-L
With my budget of about $50, I'm choosing two rubbers for a blade I already have. I want to be a modern defender, so an inverted rubber with chopping abilities on one side and a chopping LP on the other is desired. My question is, if I'm choosing between either Feint Long III + Skyline TG3 or C8 + Tackiness Chop, which setup is more worth it? Does the FLIII make it worth it to have a cheaper/less specialized inverted chopping rubber? Is the same true for the Tackiness Chop and the long pip rubber? Is there a compromise where the two rubbers are closer to equal price? If so, what is it?
I'm also considering Gambler Reflectoid instead of Skyline TG3...

_________________
Mr. Ji e-disciple


Top
 Profile  
 


PostPosted: 27 May 2018, 14:44 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 07 Nov 2014, 13:26
Posts: 622
Location: Bogor, Indonesia
Has thanked: 2786 times
Been thanked: 82 times
Blade: Butterfly Defence Alpha
FH: Donic Slice 40 CD 1.5 mm
BH: LKTStrgr+KokBLuJap 1.1 mm
coymanneemus wrote:
With my budget of about $50, I'm choosing two rubbers for a blade I already have. I want to be a modern defender, so an inverted rubber with chopping abilities on one side and a chopping LP on the other is desired. My question is, if I'm choosing between either Feint Long III + Skyline TG3 or C8 + Tackiness Chop, which setup is more worth it? Does the FLIII make it worth it to have a cheaper/less specialized inverted chopping rubber? Is the same true for the Tackiness Chop and the long pip rubber? Is there a compromise where the two rubbers are closer to equal price? If so, what is it?
I'm also considering Gambler Reflectoid instead of Skyline TG3...
In layman term, Tackiness Chop, and Reflectoid, and Donic Slice CD

Great for Blocking (less affected by incoming loop spin, provided the loop fast enough)
Great for Chopping (on generating own backspin)
Poor for Looping (too fast to bottom out)
Poor for Driving (Too unspringly)

And Skyline TG3

Poor for Blocking (more affected by incoming loop spin,)
Great for Chopping (on generating own backspin)
Great for Looping (not easy to bottom out, spinny)
Poor for Driving (Too unspringly)


Sent from my i5E using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 29 May 2018, 15:40 
Offline
Full member
User avatar

Joined: 28 Feb 2018, 03:24
Posts: 80
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 6 times
Blade: Donic Defplay Senso V3
FH: Xiom Vega Europe (Max)
BH: Dawei 388D-1
Hi,

A fellow club-member, although not a chopper, used TG3 for a while, so I got a chance to play with it, multiple times.

First things first - This rubber is on the heavier and harder side.. I can't recall what rubber my club-mate was using on the other side, but the TG3 made the entire setup head-heavy, and also created a bit of an imbalance... Being an LP user, weight and balance are factors I take into consideration..

The rubber requires considerable amount of physical effort for loops and drives... The fellow who used it had a big action while looping or driving, so, I guess the TG3 suited him. If you want to hit/drive hard n fast, then this rubber would work for you.

I found it rather sensitive to incoming spin, and not forgiving.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 31 May 2018, 06:32 
Offline
Goes to 11
Goes to 11
User avatar

Joined: 13 Jan 2014, 20:27
Posts: 6796
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 832 times
BeGo wrote:
In layman term, Tackiness Chop, and Reflectoid, and Donic Slice CD

Great for Blocking (less affected by incoming loop spin, provided the loop fast enough)
Great for Chopping (on generating own backspin)
Poor for Looping (too fast to bottom out)
Poor for Driving (Too unspringly)


How would Tackiness Drive, or even Sriver, differ from Tackiness Chop using the above criteria? These would cost about the same, I think. Tackiness Chop was the first inverted rubber sheet I ever bought (around 1980), all I remember was it was WAY too slow for topspin driving.

Iskandar


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 31 May 2018, 15:59 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 14 Aug 2016, 15:12
Posts: 406
Has thanked: 27 times
Been thanked: 67 times
Blade: Palio TCT
FH: Palio CJ8000
BH: Yinhe 955
Kind of a strange thread with the focus on 2 completely different setups. Also, the blade used is of some importance and I fail to see which type it will be. I suggest to combine the Feint with a softer, japanese type forehand on a more linear blade and the C8 with a harder, more tacky and less bouncy forehand otherwise.

Bottoming out on a slower blade could be a wishful effect on blocking/hitting. Tackiness C was afair all tack but low grip, driving and looping was manageable but an adaptation of the technique was needed. The drive-version - albeit still quite slow - did chop well and loops/drives were easy to achieve - hence, it is very sensitive to incoming spin.

If in doubt, the CJ8000 2-side loop in for example 2mm would fit the bill as well. Cheap, chops and drives well, moderately tacky while still grippy, not too sensitive on incoming spin. It's not too fast nor is it too heavy, but it absolutely reflects the character of the blade used.

_________________
Red is blogging here >> http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=30522


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 31 May 2018, 23:12 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 07 Nov 2014, 13:26
Posts: 622
Location: Bogor, Indonesia
Has thanked: 2786 times
Been thanked: 82 times
Blade: Butterfly Defence Alpha
FH: Donic Slice 40 CD 1.5 mm
BH: LKTStrgr+KokBLuJap 1.1 mm
iskandar taib wrote:
BeGo wrote:
In layman term, Tackiness Chop, and Reflectoid, and Donic Slice CD

Great for Blocking (less affected by incoming loop spin, provided the loop fast enough)
Great for Chopping (on generating own backspin)
Poor for Looping (too fast to bottom out)
Poor for Driving (Too unspringly)


How would Tackiness Drive, or even Sriver, differ from Tackiness Chop using the above criteria? These would cost about the same, I think. Tackiness Chop was the first inverted rubber sheet I ever bought (around 1980), all I remember was it was WAY too slow for topspin driving.

Iskandar
These are my own assessment from various "pinjam punya teman" (borrowing from a friend) sessions and reviews I have reads.

These rubbers great for blocking and chopping. Difference between Them mostly reside on which rubber highly specialized for blocking and chopping (Original Tackiness Chop) to more all rounder version.
Butterfly Tackiness Chop
Butterfly Tackiness Chop 2
Butterfly Tackiness Drive
Butterfly Tackifire C Soft

These rubbers great if You play like Fukuhara Ai or Harimoto Tomokazu, Traditional Japanese Block and Drive
Butterfly Sriver G2 FX
Butterfly Sriver
Butterfly Sriver FX

This rubber perfect for creating backspin.
Butterfly Tackifire C

This rubber is for those who combine safety chop with hard drives.
Butterfly Sriver High Tune

I believe this is a more well rounded answer for DHS Skyline TG3
Butterfly Sriver G3 FX

These are all rounder rubbers, with small weakness on looping, compared to current all rounder rubber like Donic Bluefire JP3
Butterfly Tackifire Special-Soft
Butterfly Sriver G2
Butterfly Sriver G3
Butterfly Sriver EL

Sent from my i5E using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 01 Jun 2018, 13:26 
Offline
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet
User avatar

Joined: 28 Feb 2014, 13:38
Posts: 2252
Location: Washington DC
Has thanked: 518 times
Been thanked: 452 times
Blade: Defplay/Stiga All Carbon
FH: Gambler MechTek/T05
BH: Super FX Large Pore/T05
Red wrote:
Kind of a strange thread with the focus on 2 completely different setups. Also, the blade used is of some importance and I fail to see which type it will be. I suggest to combine the Feint with a softer, japanese type forehand on a more linear blade and the C8 with a harder, more tacky and less bouncy forehand otherwise.

Bottoming out on a slower blade could be a wishful effect on blocking/hitting. Tackiness C was afair all tack but low grip, driving and looping was manageable but an adaptation of the technique was needed. The drive-version - albeit still quite slow - did chop well and loops/drives were easy to achieve - hence, it is very sensitive to incoming spin.

If in doubt, the CJ8000 2-side loop in for example 2mm would fit the bill as well. Cheap, chops and drives well, moderately tacky while still grippy, not too sensitive on incoming spin. It's not too fast nor is it too heavy, but it absolutely reflects the character of the blade used.

That’s exactly what I thought. Those setups are very different, and I think it would make sense to pair the FL3 with the Tack C for a spin variation classic chop setup, and C8 with TG3 for more modern D.

_________________
Blog: "Holy Chtchet!"Rating: 1615

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 



All times are UTC + 9:30 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: mart1nandersson and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Copyright 2012 OOAK Table Tennis Forum. The information on this site cannot be reused without written permission.

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group




Don't forget to 'LIKE' our forum on Facebook if you enjoy the content: