OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 11:59

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2018, 09:37 

Blade: 729 C-5 FL
FH: 729 Super FX Max
BH: DHS H3 Neo 2.15
I've been shopping for an allround blade recently, after realizing my YEO didn't give me enough feeling and was a tad to fast for me to be consistent in rallies. My technique is simply not good enough. Anyways, I've ran into 3 different blades at the exact same price: Donic Waldner Allplay, Yasaka Sweden Classic, Donic Appelgren Allplay. All of these blades are in the ALL range, but from what I can understand through reviews on Revspin, the Waldner Allplay is the fastest with the least control, the Sweden Classic is the slowest with the most control, and the Appelgren Allplay is kind of in between. If these things are true, and I'm looking for a truly allround blade, then the Appelgren Allplay should be the one for me. The only problem is that Revspin reviews aren't always correct, and are sometimes made by people who don't know how to properly judge a blade (i.e. not using the right rubbers, bad technique blamed on blade). So, as usual, I now turn the the intelligent folks on OOAK Table Tennis Forum in search of an answer. So humor me - Which one of these blades can I truly learn the right technique with? Which one will provide adequate control, and adequate gears that will allow me to feel when I am incorrectly hitting the ball?
Thanks in advance for your responses, good people of OOAK.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2018, 10:40 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
coymanneemus wrote:
I've been shopping for an allround blade recently, after realizing my YEO didn't give me enough feeling and was a tad to fast for me to be consistent in rallies. My technique is simply not good enough. Anyways, I've ran into 3 different blades at the exact same price: Donic Waldner Allplay, Yasaka Sweden Classic, Donic Appelgren Allplay. All of these blades are in the ALL range, but from what I can understand through reviews on Revspin, the Waldner Allplay is the fastest with the least control, the Sweden Classic is the slowest with the most control, and the Appelgren Allplay is kind of in between. If these things are true, and I'm looking for a truly allround blade, then the Appelgren Allplay should be the one for me. The only problem is that Revspin reviews aren't always correct, and are sometimes made by people who don't know how to properly judge a blade (i.e. not using the right rubbers, bad technique blamed on blade). So, as usual, I now turn the the intelligent folks on OOAK Table Tennis Forum in search of an answer. So humor me - Which one of these blades can I truly learn the right technique with? Which one will provide adequate control, and adequate gears that will allow me to feel when I am incorrectly hitting the ball?

I *think* you can learn right technique with any of the blades you listed, including your current YEO as well. It does not hurt to try different ones, if you can afford it, since there is something about trying for yourself and not relying on ratings in online database. Thinking that the perfect blade is the only thing that stands between you and 'the right technique' is misguided, I'm afraid. Sorry.

May be the correct question is "what are you doing to learn the right technique"?

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2018, 11:14 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Armstrong SH-I 1.8
BH: S&T Hellfire X OX
A bit like splitting hairs. All very similar and well regarded. I might choose the Applegren, only because I made one up as a first competition bat for a friend and he loves it and has been progressing steadily. But his experience would likely have been exactly the same with the others.

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2018, 11:48 

Blade: 729 C-5 FL
FH: 729 Super FX Max
BH: DHS H3 Neo 2.15
pgpg wrote:
coymanneemus wrote:

I *think* you can learn right technique with any of the blades you listed, including your current YEO as well. It does not hurt to try different ones, if you can afford it, since there is something about trying for yourself and not relying on ratings in online database. Thinking that the perfect blade is the only thing that stands between you and 'the right technique' is misguided, I'm afraid. Sorry.

May be the correct question is "what are you doing to learn the right technique"?

Yes! I think you make a very good point! I totally agree with you I saying that if you can, it is good to try different blades yourself. I guess my feeling is that the YEO feels a little dead and more like a rock, making it hard for me to differentiate between it going fast just because of dumb luck,and the ball going fast because I did the correct stroke. Thanks for your response!

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2018, 15:47 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tsp Black Balsa 3.0
FH: t05 1.9 boosted
BH: 388d ox black
Most popular allround blade amongst cadets at premier clubs seems to be Xiom allround S (in our area),I think you can go further with this one,no senso handle so better balance and the flex is right,have seen some rapid rise in level with the younger players,and some established players using it too

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2018, 17:41 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Donic Baracuda Big Slam
BH: Victas Triple Regular
I've used all 3. My favorites are the Appelgren and Sweden Classic which are almost identical. Just choose the one you like the look of or is cheaper. Waldner Allplay is also very good but the feel is a little harder. As far as speed goes the difference between these 3 will definately not be a factor in your development and in addition the speed can vary between blades of the same model.

There is so little difference between these 3 just get the one you like the sound of. If you ask me though, Appelgren is the pick.

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2018, 07:18 

Any of them will be good. Tons of control. I have played with the WA and hit with the other two.

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2018, 14:08 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Fwiw, the handle shapes are a bit different. YSC is slightly rectangular ST. The appelgren is more typical roundish ST. They are both great blades.

Yoko Ono

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2018, 14:20 
Super User

YSC - a true gem!

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2018, 17:11 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Donic Baracuda Big Slam
BH: Victas Triple Regular
I've got the Appelgren Senso V1 Anatomic. The handle is great for me. I've tried other Anatomic such as Yasaka Extra, Tibhar Stratus Powerwood but this seems to fit just perfect. For me.

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2018, 17:39 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

The blade I use is the Dawei M8. I like it a lot more than the Stiga Allround Classic, which is comparable to the above three mentioned blades. I'd consider the M8 in the same speed class, and it does cost very little.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2019, 21:43 

Blade: Waldner allplay
FH: Dvd pf4 new
BH: Yasaka antipower
I ThinkPad the Waldner allplay.i play with it and very good ,:)

Tapatalkkal küldve az én TA-1024 eszközömről

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2019, 22:40 

Blade: Acoustic
FH: Tenergy 05
BH: Tenergy 05
Any, my personal favourite was the Applegren but I only used one model and they are all very similar and perfect for development.

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2019, 08:08 

Blade: DHS Hurricane Hao II
FH: DHS Hurricane III NEO Pro
BH: Nittaku FastArc-G1
I had the Yasaka Sweden Classic and it was a great blade to learn on to fully develop my strokes. It could do anything pretty decently with great control.

I had a C-Pen version and the handle was a bit skinny. That probably was my only complaint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2019, 01:47 

Blade: Tibhar stratus carbon
FH: Evolution mxp
BH: Evolution mxs
Well I have played with all of these blades.it depends on your playing style which one u should select.well I think the most balanced blade between these three would be applgreen.

Sent from my COR-AL00 using Tapatalk