OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 16:55

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2018, 19:59 

Blade: Neottec
FH: DHS Hurricane 3 National
BH: DHS Hurricane 3 National
Hello Guys,

I have just registered and I'm here just to let you know about an Ebay seller who sells fake rubbers as counterfeit. That's to warn you not to get into trouble like I did.
Fellow moderators please note that I do not vilify a honest person as that guy deserves to be widely "advertised". Feel free to ask questions but in PM please as I will possibly not check this post in the future.

Username chunfayeun-9 though it can be easily changed. The real name is very likely Chun Fai Yeung .The guy sends from China but his Paypal (and return) address is in Australia (South Hurstville). My return item
https://www.ebay.com/usr/chunfayeun-9?ul_noapp=true
I bought the following item
DHS National Hurricane 3 Table Tennis Rubber Original Blue Sponge Professional!
Bought it as the price was very attractive in comparison with how expensive I buy them.
In fact I received a counterfeit to provincial version and then he sent "the replacement" but eventually I received a fake to the national version. I have been using the original versions for some years so an idea about a lack of competence about differences is beyond question.

If you nonetheless buy something from him and do choose to return item, do not do that as it's a trap. Your purchase will be returned to non-existing address and Ebay decides in favour of the seller as technically the item is not received.
So please be aware of his activity and do not loose your money like I and other buyers of him did.

Take care.
Andy

PostPosted: 03 Aug 2018, 02:35 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

So was this a "totally worthless sheet of rubber" fake, or a "it's at least as good as Batwings" fake? That sheet of fake Tenergy 05 I bought off AliExpress a couple of years back turned out to be in the first category - it was totally unusable, not even as good as a $5 sheet of rubber. I did wait for the price to come down to $7 before buying, though.. they wanted $15 in the beginning... :lol: Like I was going to spend $15 on something I knew was fake just because I was curious. $7 was OK though..

Buying "National" H3 online is just asking for it. Especially from some random guy on Ebay. Apparently lots and lots of people selling fakes in China (you don't get to see this because you aren't Chinese and don't use Taobao). Unless you know for certain someone has the real thing, just stay away. A lot of reputable dealers do have the generic "National" stuff in the white packets - these are probably safe to buy but aren't the reputed "Personal Rubbers" of, say, Xu Xin or Ma Long, and is therefore something DHS is selling at a godawful markup from Regular H3 but isn't actually the exact same rubber the China National Team uses. Most of the sheets I've seen advertised recently are red, too, and don't even have the vaunted blue sponge. I've never been tempted to try any of it.. I'm not THAT curious and I know I don't play that well anyway. More to the point - it's not going to make me play any better. :lol: Actually.. maybe it's time to try Tenergy 05 to see what it's like - at least I know with that that I'll be getting the real thing..

Iskandar

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2018, 07:30 

BH: straight
Fakes are so annoying!I bought a DHS bat for my wife from Amazon UK , for £20, and quickly it looked weird with stains on the rubber and the overall weight being very heavy.I decided to check out the codes and its a fake! Around the same time I also purchased a Sanwei from alixpress for £9. It took some time for the alixpress bat to arrive but its brill. Makes me wonder what value id get if spending £50 at alixpress and does anyone have any suggestions for a bat at that price?

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2018, 08:12 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Donic Baracuda Big Slam
BH: Victas Triple Regular
gradge wrote:
Fakes are so annoying!I bought a DHS bat for my wife from Amazon UK , for £20, and quickly it looked weird with stains on the rubber and the overall weight being very heavy.I decided to check out the codes and its a fake! Around the same time I also purchased a Sanwei from alixpress for £9. It took some time for the alixpress bat to arrive but its brill. Makes me wonder what value id get if spending £50 at alixpress and does anyone have any suggestions for a bat at that price?
What bats did you buy?

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2018, 13:44 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

gradge wrote:

Gosh.. that's what, USD65?? That'd be a lot of bat. The problem is, none of the more expensive blades seem all that interesting to me at this time - I'd buy one for curiosity but not because I thought I'd play better with it (I play with the M8 at this point). Rather than buy one bat you could do some exploring, like I did. Maybe a Yinhe N11s and a HRT Clipper just to see what they play like? And try one or two of those sheets of the new Palio AK47.. , and throw in a 2-pack of the Yinhe 9000 ($10.30 at one of the Eachengs).

Iskandar

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2018, 01:48 

BH: straight
Was a DHS 4002. Its nothing like $65 but more like $25! Any suggestions at that price?

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2018, 02:10 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Problem is the more expensive blades would have carbon or carbon/arylate in them and will be rather heavy. Not exactly beginner stuff.. There are expensive all-wood blades too (mainly the ones with ebony or other expensive wood face plies), but I can't suggest any because I have not tried them, besides, if you get something you don't like, you're out a lot more money than you'd be if you bought something cheaper. The thing though, is, what do YOU like, how do you play, what level are you at? Those are usually the first things one would want to know before recommending something (unless it's cheap and good and would work for a great range of players, like a Sanwei M8).

In any case... have a look through here to get some idea:

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/group/ ... 35997.html

Mind you, if you see something you like, do a search for it, it's likely another Eacheng branch might have the same thing for less.

Iskandar