OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 30 Mar 2024, 09:24

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 05 Aug 2018, 20:48 

Blade: DHS PG2
FH: DHS Gold ARC 8
BH: 61 second Kangaroo
Movie is here: https://youtu.be/e48Djy_N_VE

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2018, 17:02 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

OK, I watched through about half of this video. Lots of interesting footage of multiball drills, serve practice.. and every 2-3 minutes he'll say something about the rubber. So far 1) One rubber is softer and one is harder. 2) The softer rubber is better for away-from-the-table play. 3) The rubbers are lightweight (no figures actually mentioned though).

The problem here is - how useful IS any of this? I also watched that other video where they were reviewing the new 729 rubber (forget what it was called - the $30 a sheet one) and they came to the same conclusion as number 2 above... Problem is, what the heck would this mean for someone trying to decide whether to buy the 729, or the Gewo, or the Rasanter..?? (I suspect it doesn't matter in any case.. :lol: )..

Sorry, I can't watch these sort of videos very much anymore. There are lots and lots and lots of them, maybe I can figure out how to counterloop from them, but as far as selecting from the vast smorgasbord of rubbers out there... ?? You've watched one, you've seen them all more or less. Also the important stuff could have been said in 30 seconds or less - the rest is just counterlooping footage, spectacular though it may be. You can't really spot any rubber properties from them.

One little tidbit I got from the 729 video though - apparently 42 and 47.5 aren't Chinese degrees, they're ESN degrees. So that 47 degree sponge that comes with Battle II isn't rock hard, as I would expect it to be if that was Chinese degrees. Unfortunately Battle II is not cheap, so I'm not going to buy it just to see what it's like.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2018, 06:24 

Blade: Nittaku Acoustic
FH: Nittaku Fastarc G-1
BH: Nittaku Fastarc G-1
I just received a Stiga Azalea Offensive with EL Pro 43 on one side and EL Pro 38 on the other. Will see how it plays. The top sheet feels grippy, matte, and non-tacky. It is a thin top sheet, as described. I don't notice any odor from it, but haven't stuck my nose in it either. Very high manufacturing quality.

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2018, 13:28 

Blade: Nittaku Acoustic
FH: Nittaku Fastarc G-1
BH: Nittaku Fastarc G-1
Attachment:
Black.JPG
Black.JPG [ 536.3 KiB | Viewed 1707 times ]

Attachment:
Red.JPG
Red.JPG [ 428.02 KiB | Viewed 1707 times ]

Attachment:
Thickness.JPG