OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 17:14

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2018, 02:59 

Blade: Yasaka Synergy
FH: Dany III JUIC
BH: Stag Explosive
I got my order in yesterday! BF Super Anti and BF Sriver FX.

The Sriver is a lot like the Dany III but like you all said has more grip. I love it. Plays exactly how I want and my balls actually drop now on the table with the forehand loops :P Glad I didnt go with the $80 tenergy 05 rubber.

The Super Anti is super hard to play at the moment. I need to get down the amount of force to push it back over the net. A lot of my shots are dying straight into the net. It is funny to serve with the Sriver with huge spin, then do the same serve motion with the Anti. Takes the opponent for a trip. Probably in a couple weeks I will have the Anti down pat. Just need to play a lot with it and get down my twiddling.

Any suggestions on things to do with the anti, I am all ears! Tonight I play with it at the table tennis club. Rating has been around 1200 so I hope I don't lose all my matches tonight.

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2018, 03:25 
Super User

Blade: Donic Waldner WC 89 FL
FH: Donic BlueStar A2 Red Max
BH: DMS Firestorm Black 1.8
xxsobesxx wrote:
The Super Anti is super hard to play at the moment. I need to get down the amount of force to push it back over the net. A lot of my shots are dying straight into the net. It is funny to serve with the Sriver with huge spin, then do the same serve motion with the Anti. Takes the opponent for a trip. Probably in a couple weeks I will have the Anti down pat. Just need to play a lot with it and get down my twiddling.

You think the Anti is bad now, you should have seen it back when we had red on both sides. Before the two color rule we follow now that was legal.

Look under the Anti spin Rubber section of the forum and you will see anti spin tatics and techniques! A lot of knowledge resides there for you to pick through. Good luck with your new racket.

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2018, 06:07 
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
If you believe osmar from MyTT, you would think there is no way to play anti with new ball... prove the internet wrong friend.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2018, 06:57 
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?

Blade: Juic Hinoki One Ply
FH: Tibhar 5Q
BH: Scandal
Learn to hold the table. Only move back when absolutely needed. You will be surprised how hard a loop can be blocked with the anti. You don't have to twiddle to use the anti, just roll the forearm. Instant choice of inverted or anti. Learn a pullback block with the anti. You can leave a hard loop just bouncing around on his side of the table. Run the loopers in and out. Block a real spinny loop with anti it goes back with backspin. Most players will push it back if you kept it short. Be ready to hit their push with the anti while they are in close. :devil:

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2018, 09:53 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Der_Echte wrote:
If you believe osmar from MyTT, you would think there is no way to play anti with new ball... prove the internet wrong friend.

I haven't had a look at the discussion on MyTT, but what a lot of people forget is that there is a HUGE range in the level of play. Something that might not work at the top International level will work perfectly fine at the U-1400 level. Some doesn't work at all at the U-1400 level (for instance, sustained chop-loop rallies, because most people at that level can't loop and chop consistently).

Iskandar

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2018, 17:06 

Blade: 709 Carbon
FH: Super anti
BH: Medium pips (varies)
Hi all. I'm new to board, and everyone is great on here. Does anyone know what setup Danny is using now? I'm a Seemiller player as well, just don't loop much.

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2018, 23:12 

Blade: Yasaka Synergy
FH: Dany III JUIC
BH: Stag Explosive
Hey John. I think I found this in another post I was looking at the other day.

grubba all minus blade
butterfly super anti and tenergy

Hope that helps!

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2018, 04:55 

Blade: 709 Carbon
FH: Super anti
BH: Medium pips (varies)
xxsobesxx wrote:
Hey John. I think I found this in another post I was looking at the other day.

grubba all minus blade
butterfly super anti and tenergy

Hope that helps!

Thank you!

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2019, 19:10 

Blade: Galaxy Children's Carbon
FH: Nittaku Moristo DF 1.3mm
BH: Yinhe Neptune .7mm
I heard just recently that Dan Seemiller has switched to Butterfly Rozena gaining much better control than Tenergy (I'm not a fan, too fast poor touch IMHO) and is thinking about switching to long pips. This is info from a guy who plays at the South bend TTC often. I can't imagine him actually switching to long pips but anything to get an advantage I suppose applies to most all of us.