OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 18:15

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2019, 07:15 

Hey folks,

I recently bought a bat in a hurry, I thought that I got the Stiga FLIGHT Four Star bat.
To my surprise the bat I bought is a Stiga FLEET Four Star bat.
Anyone know if that bat is indeed produced by Stiga? Tried to search for information online, but couldn't find anything substantial.

I bought it in one of the larger retailers in Sweden.
Image of the bat.
https://i.imgur.com/RuhrV8x.jpg
Thanks.

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2019, 07:32 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
Why did you think it was a FLIGHT one? Perhaps someone just mislabeled one or something.

Either way, probably does not matter - it looks like your typical premade (i.e. nothing special, most people here would recommend you not to bother with one). Given that you bought it in a large store in Sweden, probability of it being a fake is very small - and nobody usually bothers to counterfeit premades as well.

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2019, 08:11 

pgpg wrote:
Why did you think it was a FLIGHT one? Perhaps someone just mislabeled one or something.

Either way, probably does not matter - it looks like your typical premade (i.e. nothing special, most people here would recommend you not to bother with one). Given that you bought it in a large store in Sweden, probability of it being a fake is very small - and nobody usually bothers to counterfeit premades as well.

Because it had the same blue packaging as the Stiga FLIGHT, and it started with the letter FL and I was in a hurry so I messed up :lol:
Well is too late to return it anyway as I have left the country.

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2019, 11:05 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Umm... would there be much of a difference between "flight" and "fleet"?? :lol: I mean, they're pre-mades after all, and Stiga pre-mades at that. Not even 5 star. I don't doubt at all it's the genuine Stiga item - I mean, who'd want to counterfeit one of these???? It came from a big sports retailer, after all... If you bought it from China on AliExpress there might be cause for concern, but the only counterfeits I've seen on AliExpress were of EXPENSIVE blades - Viscaria, Violin, etc.

Incidentally, you might find the bat's made in China - a lot of the pre-mades sold by Stiga, even Butterfly, are made in China. Or the rubber is made in China.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2019, 19:39 
CTRL_ALT_Loop
CTRL_ALT_Loop

Well, the Stiga Flight has slightly better figures for speed, spin and control than the Fleet. 88/83/50 vs 85/76/42. Those numbers must be taken very seriously, as they constitute pure hype. Hype is a very important factor for TT equipment sales. It creates interest, and "helps" us to remember equipment names.

For us players (and players' parents/uncles/aunts) the marketing psychology of this is difficult to withstand, but we need to try. By looking at peer reviews rather than makers' star classifying and other rating, we may be able to get better equipment at lower price. Alas, we then sometimes have to sacrifice the bragging rights that come with famous brand names and many stars.

Seriously, playing-wise the Flight and Fleet have the same shape, handle, and "blade technology" options and use the same 2mm S4 rubber, so they should be excactly equivalent to anyone except the most discerning player. The most discerning player would use something else anyway.

And for the original question: Genuine? Undoubtedly!