OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 06 May 2024, 14:29

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2008, 20:09 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Just stirring the pot here, but the thought just occurred to me that if Tensor topsheets are under tension, does that technically make them illegal?

If only the topsheet is submitted for ITTF approval, and it's put onto the sponge under tension in the factory, then the characteristics would have been changed, making them just as illegal as boosted rubbers :shock: :shock: :shock:

Of course this will be hard to prove... but just as we would have to prove that our boosted rubber don't have a topsheet with changed characteristics, so should the Tensor manufacturer with their Tensors? Fair is fair isn't it? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Sep 2008, 23:09 

then they should also ban anybody that sticks a topsheet to a sponge, since nobody can do it the exact same way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Sep 2008, 00:42 
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?

Blade: Juic Hinoki One Ply
FH: Tibhar 5Q
BH: Scandal
I already put this same thought in another post about a week or two ago. Probably a thread about tuners or Adam. A tensor obviously modifies the top sheet from the way it was supplied for testing. If manufacturers can do it, we should be able to also. :evil:

Backhand, Sriver FX Max

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Sep 2008, 00:53 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Are you sure they don't submit tensors with the sponge attached for testing? It would seem obvious that they present a different case to normal rubbers, so surely the ITTF is not that stupid to leave such a gaping hole in the process?

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Sep 2008, 02:35 

So far, everybody says only the top sheet is submitted for testing. I might be wrong but then, so are alot of others. :D

Backhand, Sriver FX Max

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Sep 2008, 04:59 

Very interresting and...yes, if we follow your undisputable logic, haggisv, tensors should be banned too.
As far as I know, tensoring process is got by chemical treatment. Therefore, as Mr Gustavsen says, there is no way the sponge chemical treatment doesn't modify the rubber characterisc. Let's submit this to ITTF and see how ESN :? , sorry my mistake, how ITTF answers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Sep 2008, 05:03 

Da...it, I just forgot I play with tensors too :oops: . Anyhow, I'm very confident they won't ban tensors since I believe this all mess been done to promote them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Sep 2008, 08:49 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

The problem is that all of the glues used to adhere the topsheet to the sponge probably alter the characteristics of the topsheet.

One can try all sort of ways in which one can reduce the ITTFs latest rulings and arguments to absurdities. This is just the latest.

They, of course, don't care.

They have an agenda that they will pursue, and Shahara has recently hinted what it is (to try to change the game so much the the Chinese stop dominating). Well, at least if one reads a little bit between the lines of the things he said in a recent interview, that is the impression one gets. Obviously, that can never happen unless the ITTF forces them to stop coaching so many talented people so well and from such a young age.

I think very few of us believe that most of these rule changes have anything to do with health of players (although I really have no objection to banning VOC speed glues -- but I do object to banning boosters, and a 42 mm ball would suck).

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Sep 2008, 09:17 
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
Tensors banned? Oh crap! I will have to abandon my $21 tensor investment! That will force me back to Venus or Quattro again!

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Sep 2008, 12:11 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

I certainly don't want to be the one to get them banned, as I think they are a good product... but it simply points out how deeply the ITTF have though about their decisions... Sorry hookshot, must have missed your post :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Sep 2008, 12:47 

Thats OK Haggisv, I must miss alot of posts also.
I think tensors should be ok also, but for everybody. I think I could figure out a way to glue sponge to rubber and make it tension the rubber. I do know, the price for tensors will probably be very high.
Can't believe the Chaos going on in table tennis and for what? One persons ideals? To knock out a leader in the field? (China) Why not just let the game evolve? There are human limits that will control how fast or spinny a rubber will work. OK, speed glue had health reasons, Wow, a real reason, a valid reason. A logical reason. Since then, seems reason has flown out the window.
Forces are trying to change a game enjoyed by millions. I would still like to know the real reason. I don't buy the TV thing. I can see the ball on TV. With Hi Def coming, it will be even better. People are impressed by the speed of the game, typical comment, "Man, thats Fast!". Watch some vids from the 50s. Is that where we are heading? :evil:

Backhand, Sriver FX Max

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Sep 2008, 14:47 

Baal wrote:
They have an agenda that they will pursue, and Shahara has recently hinted what it is (to try to change the game so much the the Chinese stop dominating). Well, at least if one reads a little bit between the lines of the things he said in a recent interview, that is the impression one gets. Obviously, that can never happen unless the ITTF forces them to stop coaching so many talented people so well and from such a young age.

That's the free available agenda.
Now let's think about something. Could there be a hidden agenda ? To whom is it worth. Who is getting benefit from glue and booster ban ? ESN and Butterfly. They sole produce valid alternative. And they do it for 40 euro a sheet.
The presence of Mr Schöler, Andro and Scholer-micke owner, at the ETTU and ITTF board is maybe an innocent coincidence, or maybe not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Sep 2008, 15:44 

Months ago I suggested a link to $$$. I am not sure anymore but it is not out of the question. There is alot of money at stake here, ours and the manufacturers. Where ever there is alot of $$$, people will try to get more. Maybe some of the proposed changes are just to cause so much chaos, it hides the real reason in the mess.
I still can't believe China is not up in arms over Adams message. I think China has more power than they think.
The analogy of a rubber costing as much as a good tire for your car should put things in perspective. Hold a tire in one hand and a rubber in the other. To make the tire, it takes 10 or 20 lbs of rubber and belts of various material and a $250,000 mold plus power to heat the mold. Still think you can justify $75 for a rubber? That is $150 for rubber plus the cost of a blade.
How did the company that makes the Enez get selected? Was there a competition or bidding?
There very well could be something EVIL at work. :twisted:

Backhand, Sriver FX Max

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Sep 2008, 15:47 

@ Haggisv,
LOL, you sure did a good job with the first 5 words of this thread. :twisted: :D

Backhand, Sriver FX Max

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Sep 2008, 09:06 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

hookshot wrote:
@ Haggisv,
LOL, you sure did a good job with the first 5 words of this thread. :twisted: :D

Looks like I got a lot of help though :lol: