OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 05 May 2024, 15:28

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 Dec 2008, 12:13 
Cho Tokusen

Nobody has a perfect set up, so we have to live with it. As for buying new equipment, as long as you have the funds and you are enjoying the hunt, I see no reason why not to go on with it and be happy :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 Dec 2008, 18:48 
I am Legend
I am Legend

Just choose whichever you hate the least :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 Dec 2008, 21:16 
Cho Tokusen

That means all blades have major percentage of negative characteristics compared to the positive ones :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Jan 2009, 10:10 
Any Which Way You Can
Any Which Way You Can

I agree with most posters here that it is ones technique and skill that win games, not the equipment. And one can prove that easily. Take the 'little punk' who beats you. Pass your bat to a much better player who can beat him. Then that would prove it is NOT the equipment's fault. So really, need to stick to a bat that you like the most and keep training and playing with it until you know the equipment like a part of your own hand. Personally, I have finally settled on the Tenergy on my FH. One step at a time. Now still looking for the right BH. I was Jpen turned Cpen now. So at least that is settled as well. Which cpen? I nailed it down to either the Darker 7P2A, Kokutaku Laser Carbon or the Yasaka Extra Offensive. Once I decided on which, I will banish all other blades (more than 20) to storage never to be touched again :shock:

Cheers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Jan 2009, 10:36 
Tomorrow's TT Superstar

fattchoi wrote:
I agree with most posters here that it is ones technique and skill that win games, not the equipment. And one can prove that easily. Take the 'little punk' who beats you. Pass your bat to a much better player who can beat him. Then that would prove it is NOT the equipment's fault. So really, need to stick to a bat that you like the most and keep training and playing with it until you know the equipment like a part of your own hand. Personally, I have finally settled on the Tenergy on my FH. One step at a time. Now still looking for the right BH. I was Jpen turned Cpen now. So at least that is settled as well. Which cpen? I nailed it down to either the Darker 7P2A, Kokutaku Laser Carbon or the Yasaka Extra Offensive. Once I decided on which, I will banish all other blades (more than 20) to storage never to be touched again :shock:

Cheers.

Just like me ! I have finally settled down with my FH rubber which is also Tenergy 05 and i think! YES i think... :lol: i have settled down with my Maze blade. just need that Bh rubber

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Jan 2009, 10:02 

Geko, I remember reading a thread on other forum quite some time ago, in which you listed all blades that you have used and their specific flaw. Back then, you were confused on getting the "perfect" blade. Now you are going back to that situation again. I think that it is human nature for being not satisfied on what you have in hand right now. When you get new blade, you feel happy and think that it is the perfect blade for you, only to find out weeks later that you need something better. So you need to realize that there is no perfect set-up and you have to cope with its flaw. I second the advice to get the blade which you least hate.

My other advice for you is to get a "medium of the medium" blades. Meaning, it is medium in speed, medium in feel and medium in stiffness. Why?

1. Medium of the medium blades are good at everything but do not excel in anything !!! Thus you are the one that provide power, speed and spin. I guess you have no problem doing that. I remember watching a video of your looping practice against robot using Yasaka Extra 3D and you generated such power with just a medium speed, soft and flexible blade. You don't need carbon because you already have good power with just all-wood blade.

2. Medium of the medium blades are good because they have nothing special, so they have nothing really bad also. Let's see examples below.

Assume speed is medium for all these situations:

a. Soft and Flexible blades: Very good for looping but bad for short game and hitting.

b. Hard and Stiff blades: Bad for looping but very good for hitting.

c. Soft and Stiff blades: Good for looping and still good for hitting.

d. Hard and a bit Flexible blades: Good for looping and still good for hitting. (Note: When you have hard surface, it affects the stiffness of the blade as well, so even if you have soft core, it will not be too flexible given the hardness of the top ply).

If you choose the extreme (for example: very good for looping), it will be not good for other aspects (for example: bad for hitting). However, if you choose "medium of the medium" blades, you will not loop as good as using the soft and flexible blades, but your hitting will not be as bad as using the soft and flexible blades. In other words, they are more balanced blade.

Of course, there are other things to consider: weight, size and comfort of the handle, head size, etc., but at least you have narrowed it down in term of speed, feel and stiffness.

You once wrote a translation of choosing medium priced blades from your Chinese sources, so I guess you have already know what balanced blades are.

I don't know if I am making any sense here, but I guess you get what I mean. Choose something that is not special, so you don't really have any particular aspect really bad.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!