OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 08:50

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Joola Reviews / Comments
PostPosted: 20 Jun 2007, 15:50 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
List of reviews:

1. Joola Green Energy Review

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Jun 2007, 16:05 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Joola Green Energy Review, by Servio

Thread: http://forum.oneofakindtrading.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=12

Setup:
Blade - Andro Blax off
FH rubber - Joola Green Energy 2.0
I'll try to give it some ratings and post why I gave these ratings. (out of 10)

Topspin: 9
Marvelous, I don't think I've ever been able to put so much topspin on a ball, though it's not easy to make very slow spinny shots the medium-high speed topspin shots are done without that much effort, combine this with its low-medium throw angle and you have something lovely. Atleast that is what I find.

Hitting: 8.5
It performs quitte well on hitting too, there is plenty of accuracy and because it's not incredibly hard there is some room for error too, 1 thing that attracted my attention is that balls are just high enough to pass the net, but this also results in a net ball now and then.

Smashing: 8
There is good feeling when smashing but because its hardness is 42 (feels softer) it tops out quitte fast and it feels some less controleble when smashing at full power, though it still manages nicely.

Pushing: 5.5
Frustrating... It's just bouncy so hard to make short push returns, especially on the faster balls, and if you decide to put some speed on your own pushes then it tends to overdue it so it goes over the table.
For people that just push now and then it shouldn't be a problem though.

Blocking: 8.5
Blocks with a lot of feeling and has a nice throw angle for blocking but again its a little too bouncy to give those really short returns on harder incoming balls. I solve this by just taking 1 step back and block from there. but that is really the only disadvantage about this rubber when blocking.

Serving: 7.5
Enough spin can be used to get annoying, its real easy to hit those suprising real fast balls now and then and suprisingly here there is no problem on hitting very short balls.
Overall a very decent serving rubber that can really suprise people.

Chopping: no clue since I never chop with my FH but if I'd had to guess I'd say its too fast of a rubber to chop properly.

This rubber is for: allround-offensive players with 1st-2nd line play.