OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 24 Oct 2019, 04:11

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: DHS Hurricane Hao review
PostPosted: 30 Apr 2009, 20:44 
Two Winged Warrior

I have played a couple of times with a DHS Hurricane Hao. It is deliverd in a very nice box, and inside is a little note about the playing style of this blade, and best rubber choice. Ofcourse all DHS products.
When I took the blade out of the box I thought it looked fast, just had that feeling, I don’t know why. Handle felt nice, not to slim, not to thick. I had a flared version by the way.
When i put my rubbers on the balance was very neutral, normally a blade falls backwards or forwards, here I had the feeling it wouldn’t fall.
Since I normally play with a Butterfly Timo Boll Spirit my reference will be that blade.

Serves and Returns
Easier than with my TBS. No carbon to be found so I had more dwell time, giving more feeling, control and spin. Flicks were easier to land on the table, but were a tiny bit slower than with the TBS, but still not slow.
A push as a service return didn’t gave any problems aswell.

Blocks
I have always had a good block, and I still have one with this blade. You feel the ball go in your rubber, and going out. Blade must be a tiny bit more open than with the Boll Spirit.

Counter
I don’t do this very often, and if I do it’s 1 to 2 meters behind the table. With the TBS it’s easy, just make a small movement with our arm and you have just launched a missile to the opponent.
It’s not that easy with the Hao, but still not very difficult. The ball is a bit slower, but also a bit more controleld. This was to be expected as DHS claims it is controlled at the table, and stable behind the table. Correct in my opinion.

Looping
The domain of this blade. Loops went on and on. A bit easier than with my TBS, and also the same speed. Every loop did where I wanted it to go. Short angle or a fast straight loop, it just pulled it off. I had more confidence than normal so that’s positive.
By the way: this is the first blade which I liked with a Butterfly Bryce. With the TBS and Tibhar Samsonov Alpha looping underspin was a nightmare, but with this blade it isn’t.

Conclusion
DHS is correct in what is says about the blade, although that isn’t much. It wasn’t as fast as I expected, but maybe I though a bit to much. :wink:
If you have those new rubber with the built-in glue effect and you can’t controll it at the moment this could be your answer.

If you have any questions, or comments please ask them.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2009, 21:13 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Nice little review cstt.

What rubbers did you use on the HH?

Are you likely to use this blade more or will you be using the TBS mainly still?

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2009, 21:19 
Two Winged Warrior

Bryce 2.1 and Donic JO Waldner 2.0
I'm not sure if I will go back to the TBS, I will play a couple of times with it. Bepends a bit on Bryce to be honest, I really love Bryce once i'm in a rally. But the problem was the it was hard to get int he rally, that problems seems to be solved now, but it is to soon to really know.

But if that problem isn't solved it is likely I will go back to the TBS with Donic JO Waldner rubbers.

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2009, 21:30 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Ah ok, so this was not just a "try something else" opportunity. This is a "search for something better" test then. Hope it works for you in that case. :wink:

I've heard mixed stuff about Bryce, but not a whole lot of it good. There is a couple of players at my club who seem to like it, but there is an equal number that used and hated it or at least found it to have less control than they wanted.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 01 May 2009, 00:20 
Two Winged Warrior

Yep, you hate Bryce or you love it. But when you do love it you will get results almost no other rubber can match.
This blade definantly stays in my collection :D

PostPosted: 01 May 2009, 11:12 
Any Which Way You Can
Any Which Way You Can

I actually have a cpen version of HH. Sitting in my wardrobe in its beautiful box. In fact, it is the first cpen I ever bought. Played with it and found that it vibrate a bit too much for my liking. Otherwise, very good control. Also unfortunately, as it was my first cpen and not knowing better, I did not seal it and used water glue. Consequently, a few splinters lifted off the face of the blade. I then had to sand it smooth and sealed it. It is now for display purposes only :cyclops: :lol: :lol:

Cheers.

PostPosted: 01 May 2009, 12:00 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Nice review, thanks cstt!

PostPosted: 03 May 2009, 10:10 
Cho Tokusen

fattchoi wrote:
I did not seal it and used water glue. Consequently, a few splinters lifted off the face of the blade. I then had to sand it smooth and sealed it. It is now for display purposes only :cyclops: :lol: :lol:

Cheers.

Ouch ! I'm sorry for you Fattchoi. Things like that will surely depress me.

PostPosted: 03 May 2009, 10:17 
Any Which Way You Can
Any Which Way You Can

aeoliah, thanks for feeling my pain :D But fortunately it happened in a sense because I learned from it and therefore seal every blades ever since. Especially all those priceless hinoki blades of mine :D

Cheers.

PostPosted: 30 May 2009, 18:16 
Two Winged Warrior

I played some more with this blade, and I have come to a conclusion: it's a nice blade, but not as good as my Boll Spirit. I think I will sell this blade because it's almost new, and in that way I can make someone else happy with it.
Some marks:

Speed: 7, not the fastest blade ever made
Looping: 7,5 the domain of this blade. feels comfortable when looping
Pushing: 7, no problems here
Smashing: 7-7,5. You can smash with any blade, and you also cna with this one :)

I will start looking for a backup Boll Spirit. cause that's the blade i need.

About the selling: I will post a message in the buy/sell section tomorrow. I already had an interrested person via pm, but i haven't heard from him in two days. Anyone else interrested pm, first come, first get.

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2009, 11:46 

This is my first post and I am extremely shocked, simply because I was about to upgrade from TBS CS to Hurricane Hao ( same as you ) but I'm not sure anymore.. plus hurricane hao 656 is out now, they say it should be faster and more powerfull, what I don't like about TBS is that I have a fast/strong arm which leads to flying balls :roll:

Timo Boll Spirit CS
FH:Tenergy05 1.9
BH:Tenergy05 1.9

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2009, 17:57 
Two Winged Warrior

If you are constantly hitting over the table it wouldn't be a bad thing to take a bit slower blade.
But what don't you like about your TBS?

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2009, 19:19 

what I don't like is that it's mid feel, plus I don't feel the ball going that fast when performing a smash with full speed even though my arm is fast and rubbers tried were BW2 and T05 on fh. Do you suggest any blades? I've seen Timo boll W7 CS blade which seems nice, or maybe Amultart CS but it's been discontinued by butterflyonline.com.. so I'm not sure.

Timo Boll Spirit CS
FH:Tenergy05 1.9
BH:Tenergy05 1.9