OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 11:00

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Lp for Mp?
PostPosted: 27 Aug 2009, 01:55 

Hello,
i'm thinking of changing my Stiga Destroyer for something like Dr. Evil, Peace Keeper or even 729 563. I would like to be able to hit more easily but still have some reversal left. So what is best for blocking and hitting from these few?
Thank you!

Post subject: Re: Lp for Mp?
PostPosted: 27 Aug 2009, 07:11 

After long time, I felt that I have to write something that we can all talk about. I used theme on Medium Pip rubbers, as I am big fan of it. Reason I used them in first place is simple. I play offensive game and playing in on forehand. My backhand is inverted. I started playing table tennis four years ago. I EJ a lot over a year and know (I hope) that medium pips are what I like. I do not play defensive game at all, but can chop on forehand just fine. Some people say they are transition to long or to short pips from long ... That is just not true. I played with over 20 different medium pips, and they are many different out there. Depent what you like. More speed and less spin and control, or a lot of spin and control but very slow ... I see some members here have it as defensive backhand rubbers, that are chopping with and occasion attack. All in all, they are just best of both dark side worlds. I love them and so will you if you tried them ... List od medium pips I played with and tried:

Globe 888, Palio wp1013, TSP Curl P-2, Komann Winning NP-6, Juic Masterspin, Friendship 799, Friendship 563, Double Fish 820A, Galaxy Pluto, Kokutaku 110, Meteor 845, Dawei 388C, DHS Sharping ... and few more, I can't remeber anymore ... I used all this pips for pure attack game, spin, smash, block, smash/block, service returns.

If you played or tried any medium pip, please post here what you think about them and what was your experience using them, and why do you not use them any more, why you still use them ... and so on. Thanks, Mel

Eto Dino pa se javi ako zelis, jer ja igram sa medium pipcima godinama. Pozdrav iz US od Asmira :)

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2009, 08:08 

I was kind of thinking i have a decent enough backhand to play attacking game with it but want to keep good control on service return and spin reversal i got used to with lp. Any ideas?

Nekako mi se cini da su mp bas doro rješenje al nikad nisam igrao s njima.... Pozdrav! Dino

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2009, 16:15 

Do you like to have more speed or spin ? Spin and control, but slow ? Fast, but low control & spin ? They all make deception, but still you have to know what you like to have in it ?

Posalji mi privatnu poruku, pa mi reci sta bih zelio da radis s njima ?
Pozdrav, Asmir

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2009, 01:40 

I would say Palio WP1013 OX ... Very slow, but a lot of control and spin. I can top spin with this rubber easy !

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2009, 01:49 

Melarisma, where does Double Fish 820A fit in your scale ? I am trying it at present on BH in 2mm. I am fairly new to pips but this seems to have good control, medium fast and some spin. Are there spinnier medium pips with at least the same speed ?

I have used 563 but this seems to have less spin and harder to control (too much for me to adjust to after being an inverted BH player).

Thanks

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2009, 01:56 

I could NOT do anything with 563 at all ...Double Fish has nice pips with texture on it, so if you hit it hard it will bite, same as I mention on Palio WP1013, but it has softer pips. Rubber overall is medium fast, medium control, and medium spin ... If I need to rated on scale, it wold be like: Speed 7, Control 6, Spin 6 !!! This is all out of 10 !!! So if I compare with Palio: Speed 4, Control 8 maybe even 9, Spin 8 !!! I hope this help. If thare is more rubbers that you consider, let me know, I will be happy to help you choose. Thanks, Mel ...

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2009, 04:07 

You just reminded me I put the Palio on someone's FH as an upgrade over a taico long pip. She is able to hit much better now ...... its too slow for me.

Double Fish is nice if you are not experienced. Most of my BH strokes are still similar to inverted and I have the ability to chop / sidespin block as a variation (still learning this but its fairly easy with DF 820A). Haven't yet adjusted to attacking a no spin ball with it ...... still overhitting as I am not hitting flat enough.

I couldn't do anything with 563 either - no grip in red and too fast = zero control for me (like a fast long pip). I am sure its very unpleasant to play against if you know what your doing with it.