OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 02:32

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 914 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 61  Next
PostPosted: 30 Aug 2009, 16:11 
Super User

Hmm maybe I need to read the rules more clearly from now on but I do on the other hand want Bryce Topsheet and Tenergy Sponge!

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2009, 17:57 
Super User

Blade: Barna Original Triumph
FH: Yasaka Rakza PO max.
BH: DMS Störkraft 0.8
igorponger wrote:
pimp_my_pimples wrote:
Dear Adham, I carefully read the previous pages, so I hope this question has not already been answered. Is it legal according to ITTF rules to remove the sponge from a rubber and to replace this sponge by another sponge? An international referee from Germany recently claimed that this procedure is not allowed even if all other rules concerning racket coverings are followed (e.g., thickness). Could you please comment on this? Thanks, Norbert
Hi, Norbert //This is the ready answer to your inquiry. I am of the same opinion on the question as Mr. Kovac's. http://www.usatt.org/rules/stumpump/stump97/01.shtml ///Igor, national umpire, Russia.

i am sure that everyone enjoys quick answers, but we shouldnt forget that this thread ist titled "adham sharara answers your questions". i think that several players want their questions specifically answered by him, especially when there theoretically might be different opinions.

so i would hereby like to ask adham sharara do you agree with igor and the usatt referee on this issue?

UPDATE:

a friend has informed me about his correspondance between him and the ittf/adham sharara.

the official ittf position on the issue is that it is not allowed to take off the sponge from another rubber and place it under a different one, although the ittf only approves the rubbers, not the sponges, which they never see! very puzzling. even more puzzling: according to them it however would be allowed to buy a brand new sponge to place it under a brand new rubber. so if for example i would want to take off a neubauer abs sponge from the abs to place it under a curl = that would be forbidden. if it however would be possible to purchase a abs sponge by itself i could fix it under a ox rubber. does anyone understand the logic behind this? :lol: there is none. zero.

but even worse:

mr.sharara has announced that the ittf will forbid this option 2010/2011 because they will approve sponge and rubber together, meaning that you cant swap sponges any longer!

yet another absolutely jump-the-shark idea coming from the ittf and yet another rule/procedure that cant be administered by the referees. are the referees, in all seriousness, supposed to memorize the various colours/appearances of all available rubbers?! :D

PostPosted: 31 Aug 2009, 07:39 

one should add that adham sharara differntiated between rubbers that had been split into top sheet and sponge after leaving the factory and sponges and top sheets that have been bought seperately. If you combine an unaltered top sheet (as it is the case fur ox long pimples) with a sponge that meet paragraph 2.4.3 (thickness of sponges) then it is legal... until the new rule will be established that aa mentioned.

PostPosted: 31 Aug 2009, 09:29 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I would assume this is just a proposal at this stage, which will need to be voted for at the next AGM?

PostPosted: 31 Aug 2009, 10:11 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

Why would they bother having a rule that they cannot administer. The sponge colour might even be they same ie PInk for Pink ? then how would any official know?
I can't be bothered even seperating a sponge and have never done it, I wouldnt even remember what sponge is on my rubber lol. but thats not the point its just not policeable (if there is such a word)

Table Tennis abbreviations, and acronyms

PostPosted: 31 Aug 2009, 18:15 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

It is if they have a clear patch and can see an ittf logo on the sponge through it (a suggesion made on here). I don't think the manufacturers would have any problems with a rule forcing us to buy more rubbers. One thing I know is I'm not buying any more rubbers.

EDIT: and if this is the case (new rubbers needed) I will be expecting the ITTF to reinburse myself for every single piece of useable currently legal rubber that I have.

This is my last post in this thread, it does no good to complain about stuff as they just ignore it and carry on coming out with other unpoplar (I won't say stupid) suggestions and I wouldn't trust them not to abuse ideas presented.

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2009, 05:02 
Super User

Hi Adam Ive heard a rumour about ITTF planning to ban short pips? is that true. How come liu guoliang Spinpips was banned if this pips were used since 70's.

bbkon

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2009, 21:04 
The French ConnecTTion

This is just BS. Adham and the crew @ the ITTF must be really bored and must have way too much leisure time to create a new rule that once again they will not be able to administer and that goes against the diversity in our sport.

This sux big time and it really pisses me off that they act that way..... Table tennis has evolved a lot in the past 15-20 years and all those bans and rules are having great negative impacts on our sport now.
No frictionless pimples, no speed glue, no tuners allowed even if it does not have any VOC at all, topsheet and sponge thickness must not exceed 4mm, and now topsheet + sponge have both to be authorized, you gotta wear a thong underneath your shorts and make sure that it is on the List of Authorized Thongs Coverings..... What the hell is wrong with these people????

What if I want to try different sponges under my Ox long pips and take the one that I feel more at ease playing with? No one will be able to make sure that my covering is authorized unless it is removed from my paddle, and the topsheet and sponge are torn apart to verify that they are genuine.... Stupid!

Adham, why don't you ask Ma Lin, Timo Boll and the others to switch to hardbat? I am sure they would agree and we would follow the leaders....

I really am disappointed with the ITTF which does not think one single second about US, the majority of players, going to the club twice or 3 times a week to play and have fun...... We ain't pros but WE are the source of money for manufacturers, associations and federations. THINK about US please and stop trying to implement rules you cannot!

Blade : TSP Toccata Carbon Def
FH : Shark II 33° 2mm Black
BH : Octopus Ox red

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2009, 21:23 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
Every time the ITTF implements one of their famous bans, large segments of table tennis players have to shell out big bucks to test numerous replacement rubbers. It's almost as if they're in cahoots with the manufacturers to force us to buy, buy, buy.

More likely, however, I think the ITTF realizes they're losing their ill-advised war against tuning. They're likely thinking that anyone sharp enough to be using something other than the manufacturer's sponge is probably tuning. They don't care what other players they hurt. In regard to a previous ban, Adam has stated that 'some babies will be thrown away with the bathwater.' Apparently the ITTF doesn't have a problem with that idea.

No other sport has abused its participants as much as table tennis has over the last decade.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2009, 01:56 
The French ConnecTTion

speedplay wrote:
mynamenotbob wrote:

No other sport has abused its participants as much as table tennis has over the last decade.

Have you looked at the Olympic wrestling? I used to perform this sport, now, I don't even understand it and I can watch an entire match with out knowing the winner, so TT isn't the worst in this case.

We can off course all speculate on why ITTF do the things that they do, but I prefer to wait for Adham to explain it before I make assumptions. Also, if we do try to restrain our self from calling their decisions BS and stuff like that, I think we have a much greater chance of getting our questions answered.

Now, about changing sponge, it wont cause me any harm, since I don't do this, but I don't understand why ITTF feel the need to make this rule. Could be that they are afraid people will stretch the top sheet in the process, but this would be easily detectable with the new design on the topsheet where there is a little square on it. Measure this square, if it is within the limits, then it is accepted.

Why should we be careful not to use BS and stuff like that when noone at the ITTF is thinking about the majority of players, you, me all the guys on this forum and on other forums all over the globe. Is the ITTF showing any respect towards players??? I don't think so and with their last decisions they showed they are just narrow-minded people who find all the possible motives (and sometimes strange motives) to justify themselves.

Blade : TSP Toccata Carbon Def
FH : Shark II 33° 2mm Black
BH : Octopus Ox red

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2009, 03:02 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

Blade: ?
FH: ?
BH: ?
Marathon Man wrote:
Why should we be careful not to use BS and stuff like that when noone at the ITTF is thinking about the majority of players, you, me all the guys on this forum and on other forums all over the globe. Is the ITTF showing any respect towards players???

Because some members don't like to read swearing on a forum which is supposed to be about table tennis. Because if you have to resort to swearing you've already lost the argument. Because this whole thread is turning in to a "who can shout the loudest" competition and many of the valid points which are being raised and questions asked are getting lost in amongst the emotion and aggressive language which is being used here. This is meant to be a discussion thread.

Adham wrote:
I humbly apologize for the sarcasm, and I assume you are also apologizing for calling us liars. The fact is that I did answer all these questions, but obviously not to your satisfaction. If the answers I give are not the answers you want to hear, then you call me a liar. This is normally because you have a pre-determined idea and do not want to hear anything else. If you have any specific question that was not already answered it would be my pleasure to answer you, or to get an expert in the matter answer you.

Has no one noticed this is Adham's thread and yet there have been over 20 posts by other people since his last post. That's the first time I've seen this much inactivity by Adham. As far as I'm aware the ITTF don't represent the majority of players here and has never claimed to. Your national association represents you. It's the national associations who have the power to drive the ITTF. If they chose not to do that then that is your Associations fault AND YOURS for not pushing your National Association. For those who have no confidence in your national association, do something about it rather than simply complain. Stand for election to your Association or your local league and if you can't or aren't willing then how much do you really care about this sport? Where does it really lie in your priorities in life. I make no judgement on what is important to anyone as that is up to the individual but please stop blaming the ITTF for this - and no I am not a fan of either the ITTF. The ETTA stood up for what it believed in and rightly or wrongly allowed the use of non authorised rubbers in league play below County standard. If they can do it so can your national association. If you feel you can't affect the ITTF ignore them and concentrate your efforts on your National Associations, if your National Association won't listen canvas your league, if your league won't listen canvas your club. Why must everything start at the top. Sometimes working from the bottom is the easier and more effective thing to do. If concentrating on lobbying along these lines doesn't work, ask yourself why and address those issues.

Adham has already said this many times over and I'm finding the whole thread getting stale as we rehash and rehash issues about the ITTF not representing us the players. There is a thread here on this forum called "All ideas to promote table tennis".

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=4900

The first post was made by haggisv on Nov 7th 2008. It's had a total of 7 posts on it. 7 posts in nearly 10 months. People talk on here about how little the ITTF is doing to support us the mass who play the game. I'll turn the question round. What are we "the mass" doing to support the game. If people are so passionate about this game why aren't you posting there. Instead of criticising Adham and the ITTF lets hear what you are doing, or your league or what ideas you have to promote table tennis there. Criticising the ITTF is easy. Looking in at ourselves and what we do is harder. Maybe we don't do that because we won't like what we see.

I joined my leagues Committee after having an argument in a car park with our Chairman late at night. I thought it was enough to always turn up for my matches and pay my fees on time. His comment was if you don't like what we are doing or think you have ideas that need to be listened to join the committee and stop crying about it. Get involved. It's not easy. It's unpaid. It can take up a lot of time. And no it's not for everyone. But please, stop going on about what the ITTF doesn't do for you and do something about it for yourself.

In the meantime trawling through what has already been asked since Adham's last post I'd like to bring the thread back to actual questions and give Adham a chance to respon (as speedplay has already noted)

1. Is it true that the ITTF is going to ban the use of different sponges with different top sheets
2. If it is true at what level of competition will this rule be enforced and who will make that decision
2. IF it's true, how does the ITTF expect this rule to be enforced at local league level

Sorry for the directness of my comments especially if this upsets some.

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2009, 03:10 

speedplay wrote:
We can off course all speculate on why ITTF do the things that they do, but I prefer to wait for Adham to explain it before I make assumptions.

Oh no ! Not again ! We have 54 pages of Adham explanations. To tell you the truth, I'm sick and tired reading his patient explanations and weird analogies. I'm off of it. I start to believe that there is nothing to explain and even nothing to understand in all this mess. Maybe frantic madness ?
They have lost their minds one for good. They are busy proving the world they walk the right track eventhow it leads them down the cliffs.

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2009, 04:15 
Super User

Debater wrote:
Criticising the ITTF is easy. Looking in at ourselves and what we do is harder. Maybe we don't do that because we won't like what we see.

OK, I have just looked in at myself and what I do. Actually, I like what I see. I see me playing table tennis, it is not a bad thing. On the other hand I see ITTF making bad decisions. This drives me to ask critical questions and make critical commentaries.

It is surely different with people, who look in at themselves and what they do and do not like what they see.

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2009, 04:44 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
It was nice of Adham to reach out to the members here and at other forums. He wanted to know the pulse of the player at large and discovered that the trickle down effect of the ITTF rule changes and bans have created a lot of anger and frustration at every stop.

When it comes to these bans, most (if not all) are driven by the ITTF, not a national association. Very few national associations are willing to stand up to the ITTF, certainly not the very weak USATT.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2009, 07:53 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
speedplay wrote:
We might not like the changes and we can certainly tell Adham our opinions about them, but there is no need to become rude to make our point.

Also, try to remember, Adham is one person with in the ITTF, he is not the ITTF by him self, so the rule changes that you feel warrant insults might not actually be his suggestions, but every one who have ever been a part of a board should know that once a decision is reached, everyone should stand up for the decision in public. I for one respect Adham a lot and I'm very happy and grateful that he takes his time to answer all of our questions here.

I also find it a bit confusing that most of the guys who use this thread to insult Adham are guys who participate very little on the general forum, but a lot here in this thread.

Well said speedplay, I agree!

If anyone does not like this section, please don't read it. If you want to participate, then please discuss things in a respectful and constructive manner, and please do not use Adham to vent your anger and frustration about all the rules and decisions of the ITTF.

Remember he's here purely voluntarily, and in his own personal time...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 914 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 61  Next