OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 17:17

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 23 Sep 2009, 09:22 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Looks like OOAK shop is out of stock... I'll fix that :evil: :twisted: :lol:

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2009, 11:20 
Liquid Evil Chopper

haggisv wrote:
Looks like OOAK shop is out of stock... I'll fix that :evil: :twisted: :lol:

Excellent...*rubs hands* :lol: Any ETA on that?

Chop til you drop baby!

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2009, 15:20 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Probably a few weeks... I think we had it in 1.0mm only...

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2009, 18:10 
Liquid Evil Chopper

1mm is good enough for me. I get first dibs yeah? :mrgreen:

Chop til you drop baby!

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2009, 20:12 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

You got it! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2009, 22:49 
HE-LP on land or sea

Its a great allround pips rubber. Good at everything, excels at chopping.

Yasaka YEO
FH : Nittaku H3 Neo
BH : VEGA PRO MAX
Go Chicago White Sox!

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2009, 07:26 

I'm not sure if this rubber excels at chopping. I dont think MP rubbers are built for choppers, blockers benefit from this rubber more.

It's not enough reversal and deception like P-1R and can't make enough underspin on its own like spectol. It's true this is all around pips rubber that can do everything, but it's not for people who mainly chop with it.

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2009, 08:20 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

I would agree that this is the case for most MPs, but the millitall can generate a lot of spin, and as such a lot of variation. I feels more like a control style long pip to me than a attack style medium pip.

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2009, 08:26 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
haggisv wrote:
I would agree that this is the case for most MPs, but the millitall can generate a lot of spin, and as such a lot of variation. I feels more like a control style long pip to me than a attack style medium pip.

There are some SPs that can be used for chopping, so there must be some MPs, as well. Although I'm not a real chopper, I always thought Nittaku Pimplemini 1.3 was pretty good for chopping.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2009, 05:26 

haggisv wrote:

Well, prolly i will give it another go. I tried Millital on a Joo blade, and i cant get enough reversal nor putting heavy underspin, my coach smack every ball without even breaking a sweat. Is this rubber work the best with medium or soft wood?

Any MP chopper in this forum? What is the playing tactic for using MP? What is the correct strokes for chopping with it? I've never seen player chop with MP on high level play (so i can copy the strokes) or a coach that can teach chopping properly with MP. Please enlight me.

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2009, 06:01 
Sitting on Defence
Sitting on Defence

Blade: TSP Trinity Carbon
FH: Tibhar MX-S 2.0mm
BH: Viper 0.5mm
You're better off emulating short pip choppers as far as strategy goes. You're right about the reversal: it's not enough to win points on its own. You have to do a good job with keeping the ball low/placed awkwardly so they can't attack strongly, then you need to vary the spin enough to draw a mistake. It's a good pip to train your chopping with though because after using this a while, chopping with long pips will be a breeze :) Ultimately, I went back to long pips because I didn't feel like I could dedicate the time required to play properly with this pip.

Personalized Online Performance Coaching for Table Tennis now available!

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2009, 07:38 
Rotatus Maximus
Rotatus Maximus

I was surprised by how much underspin I could create with Nittaku Pimplemini 1.0 (Which is apparently similar to the MillTall2)

My impression was, that it was the middle ground between how difficult short pips are to chop well with, and not being able to generate (as opposed to pass-though) much underspin with long pips. For me what was special, was that I seemed to be able to generate a lot of spin relative to how sensitive it was to incoming spin. (The ratio seemed unusally nice.)

Member of Anastasia's Fan Club

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2010, 08:23 

As i said, im giving this rubber another go. I glue this rubber to vioncello with water based glue, and oh i use the 1.4-1.7mm thickness.
I put roughly 20hours with this rubber, played with player rated 1300-2400, and also couple hours of coaching with this rubber.

My impression:
It's truly a pip rubber that can do everything, it can block, attack, spin, chop good enough, but didnt really excel in one deparment. Coming from short pips set-up, chopping with militall was a breeze. It can handle the spinniest topspin ball with a breeze, but not as easy as long pips. You have to options on how to chop the balls. First, you can use the short pips chopping strokes ( open angle, and close during impact ) so you're not that dependent on your opponent spin, or you can use the long pip strokes to use your opponent spin ( reversal, but you only can do it on very spinny loop, otherwise the reversal is weak).

this rubber doesnt provide enough spin on its own, but still more than grippy than most of long pips, but surprisingly provide just enough reversal from a heavy topspin ball. lots of 2000+ player are having difficulties to read the spin because you can easily vary the spin and create floaters, and it doesnt play like long pips nor short pips. And its also good for punching and blocking. It doesnt create a very disturbing ball upon block, but good enough to make the opponent pops the ball. Its very hard to create a decent underspin chop on your own, especially if you play with 1500+ player who doesnt spin a lot, you will have a tougher time, or with a hitter. With short pips you can force them to loop every chop, but not with this medium pips

i must say the sponge are very bouncy, softer and more lively than spectol 21 sponge. The trajectory are closer to long pips than short pips. This rubber is very bad at pushing near the table. no mater what you do, it produce nothing ball, and also very poor for service, but perform quite nice on service return.

i just got the nittaku pimplemini today. From the topsheet, pimplemini has wider spacing, and its grippier than millitall. Also the pips are tad softer than millitall. i'll see how pimplemini plays.

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2010, 19:59 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

It's been a while since we looked at this rubber. I'm wondering if anyone ended up using it, as the reviews all sounded quite good. Any other medium pip players try this rubber?

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2010, 00:15 
Sitting on Defence
Sitting on Defence

Blade: TSP Trinity Carbon
FH: Tibhar MX-S 2.0mm
BH: Viper 0.5mm
I still come back and use it from time to time on my spare bat to keep my chopping honest :) Coming from long pips it's definitely more difficult to chop with, but not nearly as hard as short pips are. In the end, I wasn't taking advantage of all of it's properties enough for me to warrant it's use. You have to be very creative to use it effectively--constantly changing between chopping, blocking, and counterhitting to keep them off balance and guessing. You'd be hard pressed to find a rubber that does all three of those things as well as millitall, but if you single out just one or two of these properties to specialize in, than long pips seem to work better and have more "teeth."

Personalized Online Performance Coaching for Table Tennis now available!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!