OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 17:46

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Sword LP...
PostPosted: 22 Apr 2010, 23:22 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Here's a new (?) one after the CTT Pogo, at eacheng.net: "Sword SCYLLA Long Pips-Out Table Tennis Ping Pong Rubber. OX, topsheet (only rubber, no sponge). Fitted play: Continuous Attack." I don't know anything about - yet ;) .

Post subject: Re: Sword LP...
PostPosted: 22 Apr 2010, 23:36 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: BBC 400
FH: Victax VO > 102
BH: GD Attack Long
I like the sound of it already! :D

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2010, 07:51 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Hmmm... an OX LP for continuous attack??? :lol:

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2010, 07:56 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

haggisv wrote:

hahaha yes you attach it to the net

Table Tennis abbreviations, and acronyms

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2010, 19:06 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Haggisv wrote
Quote:

"Scylla" was a monster from Antiquity having six long (exactly!) necks equipped with grisly heads, each of which contained three rows of sharp teeth; she also had twelve legs which were tentacles and a cat's tail; and six dog-heads ringed her waist. But she looked like a beautiful woman; I don't know how she managed that! So the LP must seem beautiful, but be all teeth and tentacle? The classic expression was "to navigate between Scylla and Charybdis", meaning that if you tried to get away from the one monster the other would get you, and vice versa. Perhaps the LP must leave the opponent no way out, either? Maybe, impossibly, max grip plus max reversal? If the one doesn't get your opponent, the other will :party:. On second thought, though, perhaps Sword is coming up with a rubber called "Charybdis" shortly :?: . Charybdis was a maelstrom which would swallow any ship. Can't imagine what kind of rubber would be like that :@ .
But seriously, I expect this LP to be extra long, rather on the soft side, very flexible, and grippy.

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2010, 22:32 
None Shall Pass!
None Shall Pass!

Blade: Dr. Neubauer Firewall +
FH: DHS G888 1.8mm
BH: Dragon Talon NT OX
Ordered 2 sheets.. Lets see how they'll perform..

PostPosted: 11 May 2010, 12:21 
Super User

Just got a sheet in red yesterday. Overall , I think the rubber is made from good quality mold. Logo , font and pimples looks very nice. Pimple feel quite soft which mean it should be not so difficult to control on both defensive and active game.
I put this rubber on Kazan clone blade (one of the Sanwei custom made blade) and will do some testing today.

PostPosted: 11 May 2010, 12:25 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Pimple Lover wrote:
Just got a sheet in red yesterday. Overall , I think the rubber is made from good quality mold. Logo , font and pimples looks very nice. Pimple feel quite soft which mean it should be not so difficult to control on both defensive and active game.
I put this rubber on Kazan clone blade (one of the Sanwei custom made blade) and will do some testing today.

SOunds good! Lets see if you can do some "Continuous Attack" with it :lol:

PostPosted: 11 May 2010, 21:46 
None Shall Pass!
None Shall Pass!

I will try the Scyllia tonight if I'll make it to the club!

PostPosted: 12 May 2010, 12:17 
Super User

Just had chance to play some game with it last night. As I told earlier , I put it on the fast - soft blade (Kazan feel). I used to play Short pip + frictionless LP for several years and switch to short pip for both side after the ban ( F/H with Leopard , 2.0 : B/H with Ghost ox) on the 2 speed blade (I put the damping film as one layer of the blade for B/H between outer ply and middle ply)

Overall , I think it's good disruption rubber. It has strange path on most of the stroke. Pushing , Blocking is good and make my friend has a lot difficulty to read the spin. Spin reversal via passive stroke is high

However, contineous attact is not so easy (versus Sanwei Code) but if you can control and make it , surely you can get the score. The most difficulty stroke is chopping, it always make the ball popping up when chopping no spin ball , underspin ball and top spin ball.

Summary : I think this rubber is forcing you to play continue attack (but it not easy) but if you can handle it , I believe it will be the powerful weapon.

PS. I may change the blade to slower one and try it again this weekend

Last edited by Pimple Lover on 12 May 2010, 12:32, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 12 May 2010, 12:21 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Thanks Pimple lover! I guess there is some logic in the description.. it's for aggressive LP players, which is probably what they meant.

PostPosted: 12 May 2010, 16:33 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

The Scylla is available from a webshop in Germany, too, now (ttdd.de); it offers this preliminary description:
Quote:
Die Noppen des Sword Scylla sind der des Bomb Talent und Sanwei Code bezüglich Länge und Breite sehr ähnlich bei gleicher Beschaffenheit der Noppenköpfe. Jedoch ist der Sword Scyalla schneller, ohne jedoch an Kontrolle zu verlieren. Auch sind die Noppen extrem elastisch ausgelegt und somit sehr gefährlich. Eine ausführliche Beschreibung folgt schnellstmöglich.
Noppenoberfläche: nicht geriffelt.

Translation: The pips of the Sword Scylla are very similar to those of the Bomb Talent and Sanwei Code as for their length, and the the tips have the same qualities too. However, the Sword Scylla is faster, but without loss of control. Also the pips are extremely elastic and therefore very dangerous. An extensive description will follow as quickly as possible. Pips' surface: no texture.

PostPosted: 16 May 2010, 21:13 
Super User

Today , I have tried this rubber again on Dr.Neubauer Special Blade , Generation 3. The result is much better.

I still confirm that this rubber is very dangerous for aggressive stoke. I got many points from pushing underspin ball (very similar to frictionless). Put it on the Special blade give me a much better control versus last time. Chopping is not popping up a lot. Blocking can be short. Spin reversal is not a lot but still be acceptable.

I will try one more time with very slow blade like Dr.Neubauer Barricade and let you know the result.

PostPosted: 23 May 2010, 08:31 
Super User

Yesterday was the 3rd times that I played with this rubber. Still put on the Dr.Neuabuer Special Blade Generation 3.

The result is much better after some practice. Offensive stroke is dangerous , fast and be able to control now. Several frictionless stroke can be apply for attacking play.

Able to win some strong youth players (but still loss to some). Only the problem now is blocking heavy top spin. May be need more pracice to be able to block it shorter.

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2010, 22:15 
None Shall Pass!
None Shall Pass!

Last night, I played with my Sword Scylla long pips for the first time. The rubber is slower than I thought.. I expected it to be a fast long pips rubber but the speed is medium. The rubber plays actually very good with a very low trajectory. I glued it to a Dr. Neubauer Firewall Plus blade. The rubber produces a very uncomfortable trajectory for the opponent.. The ball floats low in a flat curve and then suddenly drops. The pips are soft and this helps to block hard shots. The friction on the pips is medium and the reversal is similar to Palio. The speed is similar to Palio, maybe even slightly slower. All in all, it's a pretty good rubber. It's still a little fast for my taste but I'll try it on a slower blade next time and see how it does.. So far, it looks very promising. For those who like a low trajectory, that rubber is definetely something to consider.