OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:32

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: 18 May 2009, 09:46 
Liquid Evil Chopper

metal monkey wrote:
@ BeerBelly - have a talk with bv, he got a table from paul. I know he sells fairly cheap tables and his store is next to you, so delivery should be free.
If its for home use than you dont need a expensive one. Just make sure you get a robot as well.
(so i could drop by :twisted: )

Yeah I've thought about speaking to him - been to his shop and seen those tables. Refurbished Stiga tables are available as well but they're not cheap. I think you guys are right about not getting expensive tables for home use...it'd better to spend on the robot than the tables.

Chop til you drop baby!

PostPosted: 18 May 2009, 11:00 
For your Long A's Only
For your Long A's Only

Blade: BBC Doubl Diamond
FH: Prasidha Tokyo Max
BH: RITC 755 OX
Now, now, if you plays a lot at home and use robot a lot with this table, you still want a good true bounce table. My advice is, spend some money, buy a good table so you won't feel regret later.

PostPosted: 19 May 2009, 01:50 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Tat, you really must read my table reviews again. The bounce on my tables is very good. Better than the minimum set for ITTF approval that's for sure. :wink:

Save your money for the robot BB. :D

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2009, 22:20 
Super User

Name and Brand, origin
No Brand Table from Chinese Manufacturer

Table surface (thickness, quality, others)
Blue Color(Same color as BTY Europa table) , 3/4 Thickness , Net Set (No Brand but it looks like a top of the line DHS net with black strings)

Frame (material, etc)
Table has steel framed legs and sturdy. It's a 2 piece table and can be fold up. It also has sturdy wheels.

Performance
It has the most quality and even bounce. Much better than those 1 inch think tables we use at the club.

Durability
I have this table in my table tennis room and so far no wrapping and other issues.

Value of money
I bought this table for $400 including shipping and delivery.

Notes
Due to my first choice, DHS Rising Star's wheels, I took the chance to find another table locally. I met this Chinese supplier of Chinese products and he said I have this one table of very high quality for a reasonable price to you. So I took the bait and took his offer. So FAR I"M VERY HAPPY. It's color makes it easy to see ORANGE balls than those other colored tables. It also has equal and even bounce. And I got it for a very reasonable price.

Last edited by makai on 25 Jul 2009, 12:26, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2009, 11:50 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Thanks makai! Would be great if you knew what the brand/model was... no writing on table or on the assembly instructions?

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2009, 12:25 
Super User

It was just a box/carton covered on the table. It's pre assembled since I can fold it into it's storage position and that's the position it came in when I removed the carton.

Don't really care if it's fake or just a clone or any other reason. Why? I'm happy with it and I got it for like $400.

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2009, 02:26 
Super User

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEW-PRO-SIZE-TAB ... 7C294%3A50

My table kinda looks like that except it has more thinner legs and wheels. Anyway that's a great deal table being 18 mm and just 200 AUD. There are a lot of tables like that on Ebay Aussie. Just click Table Tennis Tables and your all set.

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2009, 23:17 
None Shall Pass!
None Shall Pass!

Blade: Dr. Neubauer Firewall +
FH: DHS G888 1.8mm
BH: Dragon Talon NT OX
Forgot to add my table here. Stiga ST4000, purchased at Dick's Sporting Goods locally for $349.99 + tax = approx. $379 or so total..

Table has 1 inch top (approx. 25 mm) and plays just like a tournament table.. The net that comes with it is a joke but considering the low price of the table, a $30 - $50 net isn't all that much extra $$.
Assembly was easy but requres 2 strong persons (preferably 3) to lift the table top on the frame..

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2010, 05:46 

Does anyone have any idea about the quality of this

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEW-PRO-SIZE-TAB ... 1e58aa4497

Specs. look good i.e. 18mm MDF.

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2010, 16:57 

hawamahal wrote:
Does anyone have any idea about the quality of this

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEW-PRO-SIZE-TAB ... 1e58aa4497

Specs. look good i.e. 18mm MDF.

Anybody has any information about this. Any information/review will be helpful.
Thanks

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2010, 08:07 

Aw heck, I'll show you my table. Mine is similar to pushblocker, but in 3/4" (19mm)

Name and Brand
Ping-Pong Ultra. Same parent company as Stiga (Escalade Sports). In fact if you look closely, the two brands use the same paint, wood, metal apron, corner guards, and same junk net (replace immediately). Only difference seems to be quality of undercarriage on the Ping-Pong stuff is less sturdy.

Table surface
Matte blue surface, painted lines. Thickness 3/4"

Frame
99% tube steel undercarriage, except for single MDF cross brace

Performance

Very consistent bounce, but nowhere near as crisp "sound" as professional Butterfly Europa 1" table. Surface is also fairly grippy.

Durability
Questionable quality blue paint. Not sure why, but other people have reported same problem with both Stiga and Ping-Pong brand blue table tops. The blue rubs off onto your balls easily. The black tables don't have this problem. The wood surface itself seems durable. I only use it for robot practice, so it's adequate.

Value for money, recommend or not?
For $340 USD (400 AUD) it's a solid table. Great for home only if you don't take down every day. It's sturdy, but the fold-up mechanism is not the smoothest. The legs do not easily auto-fold up. You have to be careful not to force it. Not quite as easy as a Kettler for sure.

The 1" version below called Ping-Pong Elite looks almost identical to pushblocker's table in his garage. Pushblocker, notice the resemblance? :D

Last edited by panda55 on 13 Jun 2010, 09:35, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2010, 09:25 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Thanks pushchop! Quite a nice looking table!

PostPosted: 10 May 2011, 00:45 

Pushblocker wrote:
Forgot to add my table here. Stiga ST4000, purchased at Dick's Sporting Goods locally for $349.99 + tax = approx. $379 or so total..

Table has 1 inch top (approx. 25 mm) and plays just like a tournament table.. The net that comes with it is a joke but considering the low price of the table, a $30 - $50 net isn't all that much extra $$.
Assembly was easy but requres 2 strong persons (preferably 3) to lift the table top on the frame..

I sincerely apologize for posting in an older thread, but I'm new to the world of table tennis and want to get a table for my own home. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find anything worth investing in yet. . .mainly because I'm a cheapskate and I'm super picky about everything I purchase. ;)

This table looks fantastic, but I haven't been able to find this particular one in any of the stores near me. I could order it online, but then I'll have to pay a tremendous amount of shipping. Does anyone know of a similar table that works (that's perhaps near me)? How about one that's available with free shipping that's just as good? Has anyone perhaps purchased a ping pong table from familyleisure.com?

Either way, I'm glad everyone posted their reviews. Thanks a bunch, guys! Can't wait to meet you all eventually! =)

Last edited by PingPongKitteh on 10 May 2011, 10:22, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2011, 10:02 

First post on the forum!

Name and Brand, origin
Stiga 410Q, probable made in Mexico.

Table surface (thickness, quality, other)
This table has a matt blue surface, with painted-on lines. Thickness is only 1".

Frame (material, 2-piece or fold-up, sturdiness, roll-away or fixed, etc)
This table is steel framed with two inch square tubing. Feels very sturdy when unfolded and folded alike. Can be folded for a playback position, but net cannot be used and folded half is angled toward the player. Wheels are 4" diameter. Very well constructed and smooth rolling. I wheel on each side has a brake lever to prevent accidental rolling. This table can be easily moved and set up by one person.

Performance (playing performance compared to a competition table)
I'm a beginner, so I can't compare this to a competition table. However, the consistency of bounce seems true. I'm transitioning from a well used Prince Game (1/2" surface) and the consisency and "spring" of the ball between the two tables is night and day.

Durability (table surface, warping of main surface, etc)
I've only had this table for one week, so time will tell regarding durability. However, I am taking a risk and using this indoor table primarily outside. I live in Tucson...very dry heat. The table is well covered and out of direct sunlight/elements except during play. My old Prince Game held up very well over the last four years in Tucson and the previous three in Souther CA. I expect the same from this Stiga.

Value for money, recommend or not?
I purchased this off of Amazon, free shipping. It's a fairly pricey table at $799 USD. I knew what I was spending and I've slept well since. It's a big step up from the old Prince, but I am satisfied so far. Will probably upgrade the net system over time, but certainly no rush for now.

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2011, 19:44 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Welcome to our forum Tucson! Great first post, thanks for the review! :clap:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next