OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:59

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: RITC 802
PostPosted: 10 Jun 2009, 07:48 
Super User

Blade: Barna Original Triumph
FH: Yasaka Rakza PO max.
BH: DMS Störkraft 0.8
tried the rubber tonight (the 2.0 version)...i was very happy! smashing worked nicely on both forehand and backhand and it was difficult for my opponent to raise the ball over the net when i attacked (similar to the pistol). but the amazing thing about this rubber is the amount of control i had when blocking, never had anything remotely close! another interesting observation: attacking topspins and chopped balls was a blessing. the only weird drawback is that seemingly easy balls occasionally landed in the net, for no apparent reason.

PostPosted: 10 Jun 2009, 08:40 
Devil may cry
Devil may cry

:twisted: You evil guy, it makes me want to try this one out.
I had it on my def and its felt too slow, but on a fast carbon the problem would be solved.
0thanks AA!

PostPosted: 10 Jun 2009, 19:25 
Anti Spin Hero
Anti Spin Hero

try 651, yellow sponge...

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2009, 08:05 

AA wrote:
tried the rubber tonight (the 2.0 version)...i was very happy! smashing worked nicely on both forehand and backhand and it was difficult for my opponent to raise the ball over the net when i attacked (similar to the pistol). but the amazing thing about this rubber is the amount of control i had when blocking, never had anything remotely close! another interesting observation: attacking topspins and chopped balls was a blessing. the only weird drawback is that seemingly easy balls occasionally landed in the net, for no apparent reason.

What version did you try - 802 tackspeed (orange medium hard somewhat dead sponge) or the new 802 mystery?
I like very much the topsheet of 802. Only if I could get it over soft more dynamic sponge. Its control is amazing, second only to Dragonow. I will try to stick 802 topsheet to DHS sponge pulled off from old Dragonow.

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2009, 22:19 
Super User

Blade: Barna Original Triumph
FH: Yasaka Rakza PO max.
BH: DMS Störkraft 0.8
its the 802 tackspeed

i had far less control when i tested dragonow, dragonow is a lot faster too...

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: 13 Jun 2009, 03:33 
Super User

Baal wrote:
Quote:
ITTF says that Li Jai Wei uses 1.0 (!) Spectol

Absolutely amazing if true. I've no reason to doubt it. One of my former Chinese coaches also plays pips on forehand, inverted on shakehand backhand. He uses 802-40 max on the forehand. He doesn't ever block many though! All the same, it is a strange style.

its more thicker than that like 2.1mm, if she would play with 1.0mm pips her fh would be very soft

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/3931/ljw.jpg

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2009, 03:56 
Super User

Yuzuki wrote:
All this talk about the usage of short pips and RITC 802 has led me to purchase and perhaps try using 802 on the BH, H2 on the FH, on a Yasaka Extra 3D frame. I hope to play sometime this week, so I can report my findings and explore my interest further with table tennis and pips.

Great discussion guys. :D

what would be the best galaxy blade for cpen pips? in terms of solid hit, I have a P700 moristo max pips and i dont get enough kick in my bh jabs.

btw tasaki played with a one ply slab thick blade

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2009, 08:39 
Pop and Swirl
Pop and Swirl

bbkon wrote:
Yuzuki wrote:
All this talk about the usage of short pips and RITC 802 has led me to purchase and perhaps try using 802 on the BH, H2 on the FH, on a Yasaka Extra 3D frame. I hope to play sometime this week, so I can report my findings and explore my interest further with table tennis and pips.

what would be the best galaxy blade for cpen pips? in terms of solid hit, I have a P700 moristo max pips and i dont get enough kick in my bh jabs.

Haha, odd quote!

In terms of solid hit, you might want to take a look at the MC-2 (Slightly harder, faster than P700), or the K-2/K-4 arylate-carbon blades (higher speed bump). I have no clue if they have them all in cpens, however.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: 13 Jun 2009, 08:52 
Super User

bbkon wrote:

That is an interesting observation.

I have a one-ply Darker Shake Speed 90 and I loved the perfect fit of the handle, light weight despite the thickness, and the good overall feel and control. I have already visited about 5 clubs and have yet to encounter another SH player with a one-ply blade (notably the J-Pen players were always fascinated with the Darker).

But most people who tried it said that the Darker was a poor fit for SP play. The Hinoki wood was supposedly too soft and thus lacked speed needed by SPs so I retired my Darker and switched back to my old Avalox 700 (a great blade for short pips IMHO).

I guess Tasaki is proof of the possibilities of one-ply Hinoki blades

--------------and--------------------
TSP Spinpips 21 - 2.0 mm - FH
TSP Spectol 21 - 2.1 mm - BH
BBC 9-10-9

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2009, 09:28 
Super User

bbkon wrote:
Yuzuki wrote:

MC2 is alittle bit pricey for me, anything in galaxy that feels a little bit like brick?

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2009, 09:41 
Pop and Swirl
Pop and Swirl

bbkon wrote:
MC2 is alittle bit pricey for me, anything in galaxy that feels a little bit like brick?

You might want to post a question in the Equipment section, as I am not very familiar with the Galaxy offerings and their prices. The only blades I've personally tried are the M-6 (Clipper substitute, great wood feel) and J-1 (great medium hardness feel for pips, but probably a lot slower than what you are looking for).

You can also try PMing haggisv.

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2009, 18:57 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

amateur 101 wrote:
Quote:
The Hinoki wood was supposedly too soft and thus lacked speed needed by SPs

In my experience Hinoki is a good choice for SP. I think on very hard and fast blades you'd need pips with a fairly thick and soft sponge, or you wouldn't get enough grip on the ball. With softer blades the sponge can be harder, which in general will give you more control. All in all, those two combinations may add up to more or less similar playing possibilities.

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2010, 16:03 
Super User

Kees wrote:
Andrew wrote:

Quote:
651 is of course the classic fast attack short pip.

So it is. Or was. I have it on a allround shakehand frame in 2.0 mm and it works fine, but is fast and sometimes lacks control. I've played with the 652 in 1.5, 1.8, and 2.0 mm on penholder frames and it is an OK rubber, with more control than the 651, but less well suited for quick attack (hitting through the ball with spin reversal); certainly much less than 802 or 802-1. In both DHS rubbers I didn't quite like the sponge. It is too springy, yet not real soft enough to allow you to manipulate that springiness at will, as it is in the 802-40 Supersoft Pro. But that is probably due to my (lack of) technique. I like medium to hard sponges better.
If you prefer the 802-1 over the 802-40, my guess would be that you won't like the DHS rubbers much better than I do, unless you are looking for real spinny stuff with a medium hard feel. I've got another suggestion for you, though: Xu Shao Fa 889 in 1.5 mm. That one is pretty old-fashioned or classic, if you like, too. It is very fast (a bit faster than the 802, and certainly faster than the 802-1) and spinny (same thing compared to 802, maybe at par with the 802-1), but still cheaper than the DHS rubbers.

is xushaofa889 same SP as globe 889?

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2010, 18:25 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Quote:
is xushaofa889 same SP as globe 889?

No. Globe topsheet is softer and sponge is different. Xushaofa topsheet and sponge are more like Friendship 802, with slightly better possibilities for spin, and slightly less control, but about as fast.

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2010, 06:51 

I got one of the good 802s from Taiwan with the "medium" (Feels hard!) pink/orange 729 sponge. After a couple of hours, the sponge broke in and now I quite like it. It's harder than any of the other SPs I've tried (spectol, challenger attack, 802s bought in the USA).

I'm not sure why it played so crappy for the first couple of hours but I've had that experience with many chinese rubbers.

This is great rubber if you can get the good quality sheet. There was a thread earlier about the different top sheets masquarading as 802.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next