OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 15:51

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Kokutaku Tuple 110
PostPosted: 27 Aug 2009, 07:32 
Super User

Blade: Donic alligator combi
FH: FS Bloom Power max.
BH: TSP curl P4 1,0mm
I had a 1 hour training session with this rubber tonight on the Donic defplay. It was in 1,0 mm black.

Quite deceptive blocking. Balls really dropped down. Very low throw. In defense i was able to produce quite heavy backspin balls. Last week i tried the neubauer diamant but this one is more deceptive.

Somebody tried this before and have the same experience?

Post subject: Re: Kokutaku Tuple 110
PostPosted: 27 Aug 2009, 17:11 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
I've read that this was quite deceptive on blocks and was thinking about trying it on my forehand. There are apparently multiple versions. One with Chinese sponge and one with Japanese sponge. Which do you have?

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2009, 21:22 
Super User

Blade: Donic alligator combi
FH: FS Bloom Power max.
BH: TSP curl P4 1,0mm
Hi MNNB

Japanese sponge

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2010, 17:12 
Super User

so, I will not be the best person to review this rubber, because of my weak backhand, I cannot even test it properly :rofl: but...

I had previous experience with friendship 563 middle pip only (1.5 and 2.0). as I can judge, kokutaku 110 plays clearly better, and as far as I know, 563 is known as a good mid-pip. this makes kokutaku 110 worth trying.

i have tried 110 1.5 on backhand yesterday, and here are the first impressions in comparison with 563 1.5:
- throw is little higher than 563 (this is still a lower throw, of course)
- sponge is springier and rubber is clearly faster than 563
- easier to attack than with 563, gives more spin
- blocks equally easy than with 563, similar trajectory of ball after blocking
- result of blocking similarly unpleasant like with 563 (seems even more unpleasant ball, and is faster)
- nice control of ball for a mid-pip
- overall feel is soft with soft topsheet, pips are without texture, nice mold

paid whole 5,90 USD at eacheng :rock: for someone looking for a mid-pip, I can recommend to try this rubber on :lol:.

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2010, 22:25 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Thanks friendship, nice review!

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2010, 02:14 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: BBC 400
FH: Victax VO > 102
BH: GD Attack Long
Coincidentally, Charlie of BBC (a longtime 563 user) and I tested Kokutaku Tuple 110 1.5mm black that arrived in a recent Eacheng.net order. He felt it was overly fast and he didn't care for the smooth topped pips. I had a few swings with it myself and didn't think it was the equal of 563 in either the Zeropong 35*, Mystery I, or Mystery III* variants.

* My new favorite.

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2010, 04:13 
Super User

interesting...I actually liked the speed of 110, because of (for mid-pip) fine control, otherwise it would not be good. just to mention, 563 which I was using is actually zeropong 35

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2010, 12:36 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: BBC 400
FH: Victax VO > 102
BH: GD Attack Long
I just tested a sheet of Kokutaku 110 2.0mm black and liked it more than the 1.5mm; maybe more than 563. More testing needed!

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2010, 05:45 
Super User

after some playing with 110 1,5 mm, I can correct one observation from my review, concerning blocking. because of springier sponge than 563 I have, which is also faster, it is a little more difficult to block certain balls like strong topspin, ecpecially higher, kick from sponge needs little more concentration to be controlled

in the meantime I have received 1,2 mm 110, I will try it in next couple of weeks. what is visible is that 1,2 mm topsheet has texture on pips, while pips on 1,5 mm topsheet are without texture

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2010, 19:00 
Super User

I finally played with 110 1,2 mm chinese sponge yesterday. I notice more disturbing effect (more effective spin kill), rubber is easier for precise placement, yet little harder to attack with than with 1,5 mm (I suppose it is the speed, although it could be different blade as well). similar springy-bouncy type sponge which makes it little harder for slow type shots. apart from this bounciness, I find this rubber behave little closer to 1,5 mm 563 than 1,5 mm 110, as the speed is closer, yet I think 1,2 mm 110 is still faster than 1,5 mm 563. so, my verdict is this is interesting rubber as well

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2011, 19:51 

I ordered a sheet of tulpe 110 from a local dealer here and it was quite a steal for 6 $. I naturally thought that the thickness would be somewhere between 1.2 and 2.0. But, surprise, i got something like this: 2.3 mm sponge and with an alleged hardness of 44-46 degrees( and i don't know if it's chinese or japanese)
What would be the best way of playing them? I think that the sponge is fast but due to the hardness not that able to produce its own spin.( i'll be playing them on an Instinct+ 7ply).
I have had some experience with armstrong attack 1.5 but I suspect that this rubber won't be similar at all.

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2011, 19:54 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I don't know how much use a sheet like that would be... some of the benifits of short pips are probably diminished. 44-46deg is almost certainly a CHinese scale, so it's probably quite firm...

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2011, 20:05 
Super User

chinese scale is relative thing, i'm sure this is not the same scale DHS is using. but at almost any scale chinese use, this is hard sponge. with 110 on such hard sponge i suspect you get flatting hitting/blocking rubber producing almost no spin balls. but mine 110's are quite different, sponge is much softer

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2011, 23:59 

Your guess is correct. It was good for blocking and flat hitting/smashing but I didn't notice my opponents being that disturbed by the so called "sinking balls" it claims to produce. But it does everything pretty well( also chops well) and provides some variation compared to my forehand where i only play loops and drives with the occasional push.
In conclusion, I will order another sheet but at the same time I will try to use some parrafin to soften it up a bit, because due to the relatively hard sponge attacking underspin was a nightmare: the topspin produced was pityful even when my stroke was correct.
What do you think about boosting an MP?