OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:41

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2007, 20:11 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Thank to my friend Alan (cheers mate) I get to try his before I cut my own :wink:

Review: JUIC 999 Elite Nano black MAX

First impresssions

I've got a cut sheet, probably a few mm on each side overhang, which feel quite light! The cut sheet is around 41g, and this is in MAX thickness.

The sponge feels medium soft and quite porous. I measured the hardness with my durometer (more details on this later) and it seems around 38/39deg or so, virtually the same as the 729 lightening, and a few degrees harder than the 802-40 35deg...

The topsheet has an excellent finish, and is mildly tacky. Certainly tacky enough for plastic to stick to, and lift a ball a little, but not enough to hold it...

More to follow...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Oct 2007, 21:20 
Super User

Blade: Sansonov Force Pro
FH: H3PROV
BH: light and fast
Hi Martin.I couldn't resist it, so I ordered one.Already impatiently waiting :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Oct 2007, 21:50 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Some people are so pushy :wink:

I've had a real close look, and the sponge material is identical, but the 999 Elite Nano sponge is definitely softer by quite a few degrees.

This actually suits me perfectly, but it will no doubt make it slower which some others may not like...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Oct 2007, 00:16 
Sitting on Defence
Sitting on Defence

Blade: TSP Trinity Carbon
FH: Tibhar MX-S 2.0mm
BH: Viper 0.5mm
sounds like it could be a pretty good rubber, look forward to the review :wink:

Personalized Online Performance Coaching for Table Tennis now available!

Last edited by Joo Se Kev on 25 Oct 2007, 11:04, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Oct 2007, 00:34 
Super User

Just for information, here is some info about JUICs labels:

Nano: is the label for a JUIC-sponge which is very fast, and always grey, that is why everything "Nano" comes with black topsheets only (grey sponges are not allowed with red topsheets, thats why)

999 Elite: is the label for a JUIC-topsheet which is not the same as the Globe 999 one. The 999 Elite is not that tacky, in fact the tack wears off faster than Globe 999.

Ultima: is the label for a JUIC-sponge which has fresh-glue-effect included.

SV: is JUICs label for "soft", so it resembles the Butterfly label "FX" (as in e.g. "Sriver FX")

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Oct 2007, 08:40 
Rubber Killer!

and the sponge on the nanocannon isn't grey.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Oct 2007, 10:18 
I am Legend
I am Legend

I do hope you weighed and measured that 999 Nano before you cut it :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Oct 2007, 12:53 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Photino for now
FH: Haifu Blue Whale for now
BH: Donic Bluefire for now
Yeah, I hope so too! I did prime a new Killerspin Fury for a friend, but I didn't put the weight in the database, as I didn't have a scale, but I can assure you it was exactly like a 40 degree Inspirit. I was really expecting more from it since it's not cheap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Oct 2007, 13:48 
Super User

Skippy wrote:
Yeah, I hope so too! I did prime a new Killerspin Fury for a friend, but I didn't put the weight in the database, as I didn't have a scale, but I can assure you it was exactly like a 40 degree Inspirit. I was really expecting more from it since it's not cheap.

Ugh, I've tried several of Killerspin's rubbers. They were all awful. Clunky in weight, hard or dead (or both!) sponges with little feeling but no power or anything else in return, rather thick and not all that spinny topsheets. Blech.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2007, 07:19 
Super User

Klaus123 wrote:
Nano: is the label for a JUIC-sponge which is very fast, and always grey, that is why everything "Nano" comes with black topsheets only (grey sponges are not allowed with red topsheets, thats why)

Almana Sound has a grey sponge and is sold in red, yet it's still legal. Though the topsheet is still very bright red, even with the sponge, so Stiga just might've received the ITTF's approval on it. The 999 Elite topsheet is much thinner, so it might've been too dark when put over the same color sponge. Dunno.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Oct 2007, 17:14 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Well I gave this rubber a bit of a test run, first time...I really liked it!

Review: JUIC 999 Elite Nano (black) on a Stiga Energy WRB.

Control in the short game was very good, my touch and feel seemed a lot better than my normal Globe 999 Nat (glued).

Brush looping was real nice and very spinny... I could feel the ball dig into the the fairly soft sponge, and kick back out with huge spin.

Looping hard is where the power of the sponge kicked in.. clearly faster than the JUIC 999 E Ultima, but I doubt it would be near the Couga. The softer gave it a great feel though, and there was a lot of spin on my loops. I was a little slower than my 999 Nat, but since this was glued up, it's not a fair comparision.

The throw of the rubber seem medium, or even medium low. Looping backspin was not effortless like some euro style rubbers, but when you dig it into the sponge a little more, it's not hard.

Hitting and smashing felt nice, and it had a bit of a clicky feel, even though it was not speed glued, and was glued with normal glue 2 days before. The speed of hits was very good!

I did also notice it was much less sensitive to incoming spin compared to my Globe 999 Nat.

On serves it was beautiful, as with most tacky rubbers... it's real easy to generate heavy spin.

To conclude, when it's not speed glued I'd still class this rubber quite fast, but not likely in the same league as the JUIC Couga. Being a softer sponge tacky rubber it has the great advantage of easily doing slow spinny loops, and when you power is need, a fast powerloop. The Energy WRB is barely an OFF- blade, so on a faster blade this rubber would no doubt feel a lot faster...

Speed glued this rubber is likely to be a looping spin and speed monster, it appears to have all the making of it. The soft sponge will most likely react very well to glue.

I hope to have another go with this rubber next time, and may notice a few more things. If I've missed something in the review, please let me know and I'll add it in...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Oct 2007, 19:09 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Just don't hype it up too much... it's like movies... hype it up too much and you'll easily get disappointed... :wink: :wink: :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Oct 2007, 21:41 
Super User

Thanks for the review. More or less this is what I expected, but i have a question little off topic. You wrote: "Looping backspin was not effortless like some euro style rubbers" Can you please mention which euro rubbers do you mean? It will be interesting to know your opinion. Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Oct 2007, 00:36 
Super User

wow what a surprise.I've just recieved the EliteNano.That was really quick! ! ! ! !Thanks a lot hagisiv :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 31 Oct 2007, 06:57 
Super User

Does anyone have an exact weight for an uncut sheet yet? If it's feather-light, I might try it out. Otherwise, I'm not sure if it's really gonna be worth it... :?