OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 16:40

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Armstrong
PostPosted: 21 Mar 2011, 20:58 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
This manufacturer claims to have been around since 1945... but very few of their products are used or promoted around the world.

I've heard about the Twister and the Attack 8M on this forum, but do they make any other special products?

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

Post subject: Re: Armstrong
PostPosted: 22 Mar 2011, 00:36 
For your Long A's Only
For your Long A's Only

Blade: BBC Doubl Diamond
FH: Prasidha Tokyo Max
BH: RITC 755 OX
I have bought an Armstrong table tennis paddle and tt outfit over 30 years ago. Don't know what happened to the paddle but I can still fit in the tt outfit. ;)

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2011, 06:04 
Super User

Blade: On Elmstreet Ulmo
FH: Palio Flying Dragon
BH: Spinparasite
haggisv wrote:
This manufacturer claims to have been around since 1945... but very few of their products are used or promoted around the world.

I've heard about the Twister and the Attack 8M on this forum, but do they make any other special products?

I also have heard a lot about Armstrong Twister and yesterday I ordered one.As you have written I had difficulty to find online shop which sells Armstrong products.At the end ı ordered from Germany.

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2012, 00:07 

haggisv wrote:

Its true I saw a 3ply that was on Amazon that is not even in the British Table tennis Museum-so I would say true-some of their defensive blades and tables are good quality-as far as I know-so yes it sounds true-or could be true.

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2012, 08:21 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I've just got one of their catalogues...there are some nice looking blades there, but I don't recognise ANY of the names. :o

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2012, 19:46 
Super User

haggisv wrote:
I've just got one of their catalogues...there are some nice looking blades there, but I don't recognise ANY of the names. :o

is there any information about the armstrong high level blade in there cataloque? I'm curious because the shape is identical to my Juic Nebula. I wonder if the construction is similar.

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2012, 19:52 
Ping Pong Diplomat
Ping Pong Diplomat

Blade: Victas KMO
FH: Yasaka Rising Dragon
BH: Cloud and Fog III
sunflex wrote:
haggisv wrote:

is there any information about the armstrong high level blade in there cataloque? I'm curious because the shape is identical to my Juic Nebula. I wonder if the construction is similar.

there is two types of high level blades...there is the defence one...straight roundish handle with 5 plys equal thickness of basswood and the flared version which is 6 plys of equal thickness basswood

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2012, 20:21 
Super User

leatherback wrote:
sunflex wrote:
haggisv wrote:

there is two types of high level blades...there is the defence one...straight roundish handle with 5 plys equal thickness of basswood and the flared version which is 6 plys of equal thickness basswood

I mean the flared one I found some info on the armstrong website. Are you sure that its 6 ply basswood on the iruiru website they're talking about shina wood? Have you tried it yourself?
ARM HI-LEVELシリーズとは、現在の中、高校生で比較的多い軽量ラケットの欠陥を解消した
上級者の為に開発したラケットのシリーズです。
軽量ラケットの欠陥とは、
1.振動が大きい為、返球の安定性が低くなる。
2.ラケット自身の反発力が弱い為、重みの有る球に打ち負ける。
3.軽いラケットに慣れてしまうと、重いラケットに替えた途端にフォームが崩れてしまう。
などです。
そこで、ARM HI-LEVELシリーズは、次の点を改善しました。
1.安定した打球感
2.重量と遠心力から生まれる重くて威力の有る球。
3.ショートでのリターンスピードのアップ。
ARM HI-LEVELは、従来の5枚合板から6枚合板にグレードアップ。
さらにSpeedとControlを強化しました。

この"パワー6枚合板"は、その高い性能を中国選手も認めた、間違い無くハイポテンシャルな
ラケットです。

ボディタイプ シェイクハンド
グリップタイプ フレアー
戦型 ドライブ、速攻
板タイプ シナ柾目合板 6枚
SPEED 10
CONTROL 8
打球感 Hard
重量 90(g)±2(g)
板厚 6.5(mm)/±0.2(mm)
ラケットサイズ 159×152(mm)/±1(mm)
グリップサイズ 104×22×22[35](mm)/±1(mm)
品番 No.246
価格 ¥7,350 (本体¥7,000)

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2012, 23:01 
Ping Pong Diplomat
Ping Pong Diplomat

shina is what basswood is called when it is used as laminates....its especially used like that in japan

my father owns a furniture manufacturing business so i get to know whats up with the wood lol :)

i contacted iruiru about a year ago curious about these blades and they explained the characteristics of both to me

what were the characteristics of the nebula?

and no i havent tried the flared version, only the straight breifly

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2012, 00:33 
Super User

leatherback wrote:
shina is what basswood is called when it is used as laminates....its especially used like that in japan

my father owns a furniture manufacturing business so i get to know whats up with the wood lol :)

i contacted iruiru about a year ago curious about these blades and they explained the characteristics of both to me

what were the characteristics of the nebula?

and no i havent tried the flared version, only the straight breifly

I didn't know that thanks for your explanation. Nebula is a 5ply blade 3 ply rosewood+2ply hinoki. It's a very stiff and hard blade, which is very good for flat hitting and blocking. The Hi level also seems to be a very hard and stiff blade. Is basswood also good for flat hitting and blocking?

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2012, 09:08 
Ping Pong Diplomat
Ping Pong Diplomat

one of the best, the old style Chinese short pip players, arguably the best in the world all used super stiff basswood blades made by dhs or the even older company shenfung....

i am not sure if it is because of the basswood having a dead yet fast feel similar to that of willow, or is it because of the make up.

equal thickness plays create a very stiff blade which are usually suited to flat hitting and blocking...

armstrong is one of the only manufacturers left that still produce quality basswood blades, i would LOVE to purchase one of the flared versions, but its very hard as i dont speak japanese

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2012, 20:58 
Super User

leatherback wrote:
one of the best, the old style Chinese short pip players, arguably the best in the world all used super stiff basswood blades made by dhs or the even older company shenfung....

i am not sure if it is because of the basswood having a dead yet fast feel similar to that of willow, or is it because of the make up.

equal thickness plays create a very stiff blade which are usually suited to flat hitting and blocking...

armstrong is one of the only manufacturers left that still produce quality basswood blades, i would LOVE to purchase one of the flared versions, but its very hard as i dont speak japanese

wow now you're really forcing me to buy this blade. I always wanted a blade with a similar construction as the old chinese blades. I'm going to buy one.

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2012, 22:38 
Ping Pong Diplomat
Ping Pong Diplomat

please let me know how it is!

i am curious as well!

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2012, 00:02 

I recommend AKA Mark 1-3 or 1-5. This SP is all round. U can smash, loop, and block with good control. :D

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2012, 20:14 
Super User

leatherback wrote:
please let me know how it is!

i am curious as well!

well I finally went ahead and did it, I ordered a Armstrong HI-Level Power 6 version. I will let you know how it plays leatherback.