OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:55

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Re-Impact Hydra?
PostPosted: 13 May 2011, 08:49 

Its my birthday coming up and I want to buy an expensive setup as my present. I dont want it to be a bad investment. Looking for quality this time and want to go from a pure defensive style to an all around. This Hydra blade is supposed to help the rubber do its job with spin and looks high quality. Rubbers I am thinking are Mach V or Rakza 7. What do you think. Bday is in 2 weeks. Thanks

Post subject: Re: Re-Impact Hydra?
PostPosted: 13 May 2011, 08:55 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
This blade is designed for long pips on the backhand.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 13 May 2011, 09:16 

oh thats not me than, back to the drawing boards. Its just the only blade I seen that specifically mentions it improves spin. Maybe Stiga all around classic than. I want the highest quality blade setup for smooth rubber. Primarily still play a side spin/top spin game.

PostPosted: 13 May 2011, 09:51 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

The Stiga is a great blade. You also might like the Butterfly Grubba Pro.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

PostPosted: 13 May 2011, 10:20 

yea i heard someonenpost that the grubba actually has more flex than the stigas... just wondered why nobody else really talks about it. What should be the determinating factor between which one I pick? wish the US had stores with gear to try out.. is there a step up from the Grubba that would be better quality... want this blade to last. Thanks for the help.

PostPosted: 13 May 2011, 10:23 
The EJ's Boogyman
The EJ's Boogyman

Not sure what standard you are but I agree that a Stiga All-round is a great blade and also it has more than enough flex. Personally I wouldn't go for a Butterfly blade but that's me. Mark V is excellent rubber.

btw - Don't put too much faith in what manufacturers say about their own equipment :)

PostPosted: 13 May 2011, 10:49 

Stiga all around it is. Should I just get the basic Mark V or is the HPS or whatever version better? I dont think I wanna put the same rubber on both sides. Feel like its a waste.. My one friend I play who is rated 2200 at USATT told me he wouldnt respect me if I put antispin on one side so I dont know what would best complement my spin game. One guy has suck a spinny serve i cant return cause the way he holds the paddle (he palms the entire rubber...wierd) Maybe a fast rubber... or maybe short or long pips. Only ever used short pips from one of those cheap sportscraft paddles though, so dont know... thanks again

PostPosted: 13 May 2011, 10:51 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Grubba Pro is used by Dan Seemiller and is the highest control blade I've used for double-inverted. Besides the Stiga Allround Classic, the Donic Appelgren Allplay is also really good. I've used all three and they're all very good.

If you want something more expensive and exotic, the RE-Impact Intro would probably fit your needs.

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 13 May 2011, 11:25 
The EJ's Boogyman
The EJ's Boogyman

chris00 wrote:
Stiga all around it is. Should I just get the basic Mark V or is the HPS or whatever version better? I dont think I wanna put the same rubber on both sides. Feel like its a waste.. My one friend I play who is rated 2200 at USATT told me he wouldnt respect me if I put antispin on one side so I dont know what would best complement my spin game. One guy has suck a spinny serve i cant return cause the way he holds the paddle (he palms the entire rubber...wierd) Maybe a fast rubber... or maybe short or long pips. Only ever used short pips from one of those cheap sportscraft paddles though, so dont know... thanks again

Listen to your 2200 friend! Just put Mark V on both sides, don't think about equipment again for at least a year, and you will be happy. Returning serves is a matter for you not your equipment - it's just something that has to be learnt. Work at it and it will come.

Post subject: Butterfly keyshot light
PostPosted: 13 May 2011, 16:35 
Blockhead
Blockhead

Blade: Timo Boll ALC ST
FH: Tibhar MXP max
BH: Tibhar FXS 1.8
One thing i would add is that the stiga ar is not the strongest of blades. They can split near the join with the handle. So if you are hard on your equipment you might consider a more robust alternative.

185g

PostPosted: 13 May 2011, 18:37 
The EJ's Boogyman
The EJ's Boogyman

so_devo wrote:
One thing i would add is that the stiga ar is not the strongest of blades. They can split near the join with the handle. So if you are hard on your equipment you might consider a more robust alternative.

Very true. I remember when I used them, after a year or so they would develop micro cracks near the join with the handle and would have to be replaced. Still great blades though.

PostPosted: 13 May 2011, 21:41 

I am going to get Butterfly Grubba Pro definitely now. Just want to make sure I get the right rubber. Seemiller uses Tenergy and Antispin with this racket. Tenergy would be a waste for me... When looking at Yasaka rubber list, I notice Pryde and Rakza are rated a lot spinnier. Are people recommending Mark a lot more cause its more well-known, cheaper, or because its made better or something else? Thanks.

PostPosted: 13 May 2011, 21:54 
Blockhead
Blockhead

Blade: Timo Boll ALC ST
FH: Tibhar MXP max
BH: Tibhar FXS 1.8
chris00 wrote:
I am going to get Butterfly Grubba Pro definitely now. Just want to make sure I get the right rubber. Seemiller uses Tenergy and Antispin with this racket. Tenergy would be a waste for me... When looking at Yasaka rubber list, I notice Pryde and Rakza are rated a lot spinnier. Are people recommending Mark a lot more cause its more well-known, cheaper, or because its made better or something else? Thanks.

There are a few models of the Grubba blade; I think the Grubba pro is rated ALL- and although I've only hit with one briefly it felt very slow. You might want to consider the Grubba ALL+ model, This is probably more comparable to the Stiga AR and is certainly not too fast by any standards for an allround game. I am referring to the all wood model as there is/are also a/some carbon variant(s).

This is the one I'm suggesting (look at the 2nd last setup in my sig.....)
http://butterflyonline.com/online_store ... ype=1&ID=2
If you zoom in on the image you see "ALL+" on the lens
As you'll see, there are a few variants
http://butterflyonline.com/search.asp and search "grubba"

Mark V is an excellent starting point. Quick enough, spinny, durable. There is always a temptation to assume something newer is better of course. But around here some of the best player use good old Mk V on an all-wood blade, including an ex-England #2, and they certainly don't lack pace or spin......

185g

PostPosted: 13 May 2011, 22:41 

You recomend the Andrzej Grubba blade over Grubba Pro then as its a more all around blade. I did notice my shots with the instinct reflectoid combo were slow at times and might be better that I choose a little faster blade. I feel bad now trying to use something better than Mark V... :) If its good enough for all the other pros to generate enough spin it is definitely good enough for me...

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2012, 18:43 
Manufacturer: RE-IMPACT

Location: Lembruch Dumber lake, Diepholz, Lower Saxony, Germany
chris00 wrote:
Its my birthday coming up and I want to buy an expensive setup as my present. I dont want it to be a bad investment. Looking for quality this time and want to go from a pure defensive style to an all around. This Hydra blade is supposed to help the rubber do its job with spin and looks high quality. Rubbers I am thinking are Mach V or Rakza 7. What do you think. Bday is in 2 weeks. Thanks

I'm thinking of the balance Pur, that is expected here, the best fit

but only if it is to be a re-impact.

your recommendation. mailto://[email protected]/ http://www.re-impact.de/