OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 08:52

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Tibhar Aurus
PostPosted: 08 Oct 2011, 01:51 

Tibhar Aurus is as close as perfect forehand rubber for me. I play top spin and block close to the table oriented ping pong game and I ussually end winning point with forehand top spin sometimes also from the backand side of table. Recent previous forehand rubbers that I played on my Timo Boll Spirit were: Andro Hexer, Donic Baracuda and Tenergy 05. First revelation for me was Hexer. It was really magic, I could top spin previously unimaginable underspined balls on the table. When I wore out my Hexer I bought Donic Baracuda and I believed it played and behaved almost the same as Hexer but wore out quicker than Hexer. Than I heard and read that Tenergy 05 is even spinier and has much better endurance than Baracuda or Hexer. So here my problems started. My Tenaji 05 was too fast for me, most of my top spins went over the table and I couldn't block well because of precision the high throwing Tenaji 05 demanded. After months of exert and trouble I concluded that I need much much more training to make a good use of no forgiving T05. All this was confirmed when I went back to much thankfully slower Baracuda. I could again play my kind of game and won much more matches, but after T05 I felt that I need something like Baracuda but could be slightly faster. I tried T05 FX and was very pleased with it, but I was not too enthusiastic about its price. After some research I found that Tibhar Aurus in 1.9 sponge should be a bit faster than Baracuda and could have more spin maybe as much as T05, also I wouldn't mind if the throw of the rubber would be a bit lower, so I could block easely and be better at top spinning against top spin. After one session I felt my hand is magic and I think all my wishes are granted with Tibhar Aurus 1.9 with almost half of the price of Tenergy. I am not saying that Aurus is better rubber than T05, it's just that Aurus suits me much better. All thing said I still am pleased that I tried T05 just to learn how much better I have to play to deserve it.

Timo Boll Spirit An
Fh: Tibhar Aurus 2.1
Bh: Tibhar Aurus 1.9

Post subject: Re: Tibhar Aurus
PostPosted: 08 Oct 2011, 19:05 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
That's a very interesting post dorje! I have zero experience with Tibhar tensors (oh I may have a had a 1 minute hit with Nimbus once). I find most tensors I've used to be faster than T05 except for when looping with brush, which I tend not to do naturally. I haven't heard of this Aurus. I must look for it as a future option!

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2011, 19:12 
Debonair Deception
Debonair Deception

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
That's a very interesting post dorje! I have zero experience with Tibhar tensors (oh I may have a had a 1 minute hit with Nimbus once). I find most tensors I've used to be faster than T05 except for when looping with brush, which I tend not to do naturally. I haven't heard of this Aurus. I must look for it as a future option!

Tibhar Aurus have been in the market for quite some time sir Reb :lol:

It seems that Tibhar is not very popular.. Except for D.Tecs ;)

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2011, 21:49 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
Well, here in Belgium Tibhar tensors are more in use... I played against an Aurus user at my latest tournament. Very good attacking rubber when it is used by good hands, but very dependant on the playing conditions. My opponent had trouble looping my backspin because it was already quite humid in the playing hall.

My blog on being a LP defender beyond 2000 USATT and the pips discrimination that comes along with that

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2011, 22:55 
Super User

I actually considered getting tibhar aurus when I bought my blade (for BH), but as you all know I got acuda s1 turbo instead.

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2011, 02:12 
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?

Blade: Juic Hinoki One Ply
FH: Tibhar 5Q
BH: Scandal
Nimbus was one of the rubbers that worked very well in the humid conditions of China.
It is fast. It blocks, counter loops and loops well. :)

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2011, 02:38 
The aPPrentice
The aPPrentice

I've tried a version of Aurus on a borrwed bat. It could loop underpin very well due to the high throw, but my normal loop would fly off the table because of the throw. Spinny and fast. Good feel. Soft. I liked the Desto on the other side better.

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2011, 14:29 

I hated the other tibhar tensors but aurus is different. first, second and third gen tensors was too bouncy, not durable and cant produce enough spin. But aurus is not that crazy bouncy, bites the ball really well, and its durable! its a tenergy subtitude for me. Really liked it...

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2011, 23:47 

Blade: Tibhar CO-S-3
FH: Yinhe Mars v2 2.0
BH: Yinhe 955 0.8
I wonder how the 1.7mm version would perform on a slower blade, no doubt the spring would be lost a bit, but the control in attacks could be very good I imagine. :?:

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2011, 02:00 
Debonair Deception
Debonair Deception

The throw is high ?
I assume the review on TTdb is wrong then :lol:

Little info about this rubber on the net..

Oh sorry, I meant Tibhar Primus..
Aurus is a different breed of course :)

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2011, 19:08 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
We don't see a lot of Tibhar stuff in Australia... it tends to be more expensive compared to other German rubbers. I'm sure they make good rubbers though, and the Aurus sounds like it's worth a go.

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2011, 19:53 

YosuaYosan wrote:
The throw is high ?

the throw of normal Aurus is medium-high, lower than vega pro and T05 but higher than acuda s1 and s2. But the throw of Aurus sound is low. Apparently the softer sponge makes a difference.

Last edited by seguso on 23 Jul 2012, 22:09, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2011, 21:52 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
seguso wrote:
YosuaYosan wrote:
The throw is high ?

the throw of normal Aurus is very high, up there with vega pro and T05. But the throw of Aurus sound is low. Apparently the softer sponge makes a difference.

That sounds a little strange, as the topsheet is likely the same (or is it?), and a softer sponge would normally make the throw higher...

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2011, 22:05 

haggisv wrote:
seguso wrote:
YosuaYosan wrote:
The throw is high ?

the throw of normal Aurus is very high, up there with vega pro and T05. But the throw of Aurus sound is low. Apparently the softer sponge makes a difference.

That sounds a little strange, as the topsheet is likely the same (or is it?), and a softer sponge would normally make the throw higher...

I don't have an explanation. Note the same is true for genius. Genius is high throw (though lower than Aurus), whereas Genius Optimum+ sound has very low throw.

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2012, 02:55 
Super User

haggisv wrote:
seguso wrote:
YosuaYosan wrote:
The throw is high ?

Imo the softer sponge lowers the throw.
Tenergy 05fx is way lower than reguler 05.
Most of the new high throw rubbers has medium to hard
M1
Hexer
Aurus
Vega pro