OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 16:04

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2701 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 181  Next
PostPosted: 23 Nov 2011, 14:33 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
Since practically everyone doing a blog here is an Aussie, I thought I'd better start one to try and even things out.

I plan to blog about what I'm up to as well as general observations about the table tennis world, ITTF monitoring, videos I find interesting, inside information from confidential informants, and possibly some cartoons, parodies or other fun stuff.

This first thing you need to do is click on Subscribe topic as shown below so you are notified about the latest updates.

Attachments:
mnnb.gif
mnnb.gif [ 20.77 KiB | Viewed 51432 times ]

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2011, 15:00 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Good on you! :up: :up: :up: I'd better not start mine yet, or I'll upset the balance again ;)

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2011, 15:00 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

ITTF President Adham Sharara presented gift bags to the dignitaries at the current Peace and Sport Cup in Doha, which included a Special Advisor to the United Nations, the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Korean Air (the major sponsor of the event) plus the President of the Qatar Table Tennis Association.

Word is that the bags contained a towel, a coffee mug, a T-shirt, a sleeve of three table tennis balls and some coupons.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2011, 15:07 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

If I am ever reincarnated as a double inverted player, I would want to play like Wilfried Lieck. Here he is in a recent practice game.

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2011, 15:26 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Who sez the USA isn't a table tennis power?

The USA female player Lily Zhang and the Russian player won the Peace and Sport Women’s title and the USA male player Fan Yiyong along with his Russian teammate got to the final before losing to the N/S Korea. All matches in the tournament were doubles.

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2011, 10:32 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

I have ten, that's right 10, Dr. Neubauer Barricade blades. It's my reference blade for all rubber testing.

Today I tried a red Yasaka Original 1.0 on the forehand and DF 1615 pips on the backhand. I had never tried Original before, even though I'd had that sheet around here for years (I'd bought it by accident).

Anyway, since forum member Kryptos uses it (in 1.0 too) I thought I'd compare it to my Butterfly Tackiness Drive 1.5. Original felt pretty good and had good control but a flatter trajectory, so I was getting less arc on the ball than normal and I was clipping the net on some of my big attack shots.

Black 1615 was great as always, but it was just there for emergency use as I was mainly testing Yasaka Original. If I were to switch to it for real, I would need a black sheet and maybe with 1.3 or 1.5 sponge, if I could find anyone who sells those sizes. The only place I know is Iruiru.

I'm not looking to switch, but getting Tackiness Drive in 1.5 on this continent is such a pain in the rear thanks to Butterfly's stupid policies, that I'm tired of jumping through hoops and I'm open to new possibilities. Other replacement rubbers on my radar are Giant Dragon Allround and Spinlord Marder.

Wouldn't it be fun to have a blade with Yasaka Original on the forehand and Hallmark Original on the backhand?

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2011, 10:40 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Have you to tried 729 FX 1mm for the forehand? It's a remarkable allround rubber, and it offers tons of control in 1mm. it's also very durable and cheap.

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2011, 10:45 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

haggisv wrote:
Have you to tried 729 FX 1mm for the forehand? It's a remarkable allround rubber, and it offers tons of control in 1mm. it's also very durable and cheap.

That's what I used to use before switching to Tackiness Drive. :lol:

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2011, 11:15 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Why did you change?

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2011, 12:15 
Stir Crazy

mynamenotbob wrote:
If I am ever reincarnated as a double inverted player, I would want to play like Wilfried Lieck. Here he is in a recent practice game.

Wow! At 66 he is still very impressive.

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2011, 12:37 
Super User

Tassie52 wrote:
mynamenotbob wrote:

Wili Lieck is still playing in 2nd division Bundesliga and playing quite well.

Yasaka Single Ply Hinoki Cpen (8mm) - Yasaka Original Soft (1.0mm)

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2011, 14:13 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

haggisv wrote:
Why did you change?

I used to swear by the 729 Super FX. I still think it serves better and pushes better than any rubber I've tried.

However, for me I've found the Tackiness Drive blocks and drives better (especially when I twiddle to the backhand) and receives serve better. It's very resistant to spin compared to 729 Super FX.

For me it also loops better. After being a predominantly backhand player, I've have been working hard on my forehand over the last year or so. During this period I've come to the distinct realization that I'm more of a Euro-style mechanical spin looper than a brush looper.

Also for me the feel and control of Tackiness Drive are second to none. The sponge density (Butterfly lists it at 38), weight and speed are perfect. The topsheet has the ideal texture and grip.

And for some reason it only works for me in 1.5mm thickness. Many balls that stay on the table with 1.5 go slightly too long with 1.7 and 1.9.

I basically tried it on a whim, like I did the Yasaka Original today, and it just clicked. I've never found a forehand rubber that I really and truly liked on the problematically slow Neubauer Barricade until I tried this.

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2011, 14:21 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Kryptos wrote:
Tassie52 wrote:
mynamenotbob wrote:

Wili Lieck is still playing in 2nd division Bundesliga and playing quite well.

He's also the current world champion in his age group. Too bad that style is disappearing from mainstream table tennis.

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2011, 14:22 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

Quote:
Is he the one in red with the bald head? :lol:

Table Tennis abbreviations, and acronyms

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2011, 15:19 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

mynamenotbob wrote:
I used to swear by the 729 Super FX. I still think it serves better and pushes better than any rubber I've tried.

However, for me I've found the Tackiness Drive blocks and drives better (especially when I twiddle to the backhand) and receives serve better. It's very resistant to spin compared to 729 Super FX.

For me it also loops better. After being a predominantly backhand player, I've have been working hard on my forehand over the last year or so. During this period I've come to the distinct realization that I'm more of a Euro-style mechanical spin looper than a brush looper.

Also for me the feel and control of Tackiness Drive are second to none. The sponge density (Butterfly lists it at 38), weight and speed are perfect. The topsheet has the ideal texture and grip.

And for some reason it only works for me in 1.5mm thickness. Many balls that stay on the table with 1.5 go slightly too long with 1.7 and 1.9.

I basically tried it on a whim, like I did the Yasaka Original today, and it just clicked. I've never found a forehand rubber that I really and truly liked on the problematically slow Neubauer Barricade until I tried this.

Fair enough! I've used the Tackiness Drive (and Chop) before as well, although it was a long time ago. I could never get as much spin on my serves as i can with tacky rubbers, and since this has always been an important part of my game, I gave it up.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2701 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 181  Next