OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:02

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2701 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 181  Next
PostPosted: 28 Nov 2011, 13:36 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
mynamenotbob wrote:
Last two sets from the above-mentioned match. Finally, near perfect camera work. Good mix of my favorite angle (repositioned for lefthander and righthander as necessary) and the angle favored by Kryptos/Tassie. Almost enough to make you forget that world top 100 rated Liu Song almost lost to the world #193 rated female player.

I have watched this over and over and I cannot understand how Lui Song wins the point at about 10.45 when he nets it. I can't see what Wu Yue can have done wrong to award him the point. It would have made her 7-5 up and changed the dynamics of the set and therefore the match result could have been different. Instead the score went to 6 all. What am I missing?
I think the point before the automatic scoreboard gave her the point for missing so it was corrected next point, please pay more attention lol :lol:

Table Tennis abbreviations, and acronyms

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2011, 13:42 
Bytes worse than his Bark
Bytes worse than his Bark

Blade: OldNittaku Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05 Hard
BH: Yasaka Shining Dragon max
The set up of the venue reminds me of when the Pro Tour finals were here in Sydoney (sic) as the TT practice event for the 2000 Olympics. They probably had 4? tables going in the preliminaries, then successively removed tables as they got to semis and finals, without exchanging the removed tables for added spectator seating. It is probably easier for security of the players and officials doing it the way they do it, but not so good for the spectators.

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2011, 15:06 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
rodderz wrote:
RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
mynamenotbob wrote:
Last two sets from the above-mentioned match. Finally, near perfect camera work. Good mix of my favorite angle (repositioned for lefthander and righthander as necessary) and the angle favored by Kryptos/Tassie. Almost enough to make you forget that world top 100 rated Liu Song almost lost to the world #193 rated female player.

I have watched this over and over and I cannot understand how Lui Song wins the point at about 10.45 when he nets it. I can't see what Wu Yue can have done wrong to award him the point. It would have made her 7-5 up and changed the dynamics of the set and therefore the match result could have been different. Instead the score went to 6 all. What am I missing?
I think the point before the automatic scoreboard gave her the point for missing so it was corrected next point, please pay more attention lol :lol:

Well thanks. I didn't realise I needed to look for a mistake upon a mistake :P I just couldn't see why he got the point from what happened, and yes I was relying on the automatic scoreboard, silly me! :envy: :envy:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2011, 17:28 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
Here are the first three games between Liu Song and the pip-killer girl Wu Yue...note the ace at 10:25.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2011, 18:47 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Great ace! You don't see that too often among players of their calibre!

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2011, 20:02 
Stir Crazy

haggisv wrote:
Great ace! You don't see that too often among players of their calibre!

I love it! But... isn't it actually 2 aces? He misses the very next serve as well. :rofl:

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2011, 03:04 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

FLASHBACK: Georg Böhm vs Wilfried Lieck circa 1985, when blocking still worked. Pretty good quality video from that era. Note: fans right on top of the action, not far away and stuck at the end like today's ITTF events.

By the way, there is a Georg Böhm channel on YouTube with lots of great clips, visit: http://www.youtube.com/user/zsgboehm

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2011, 17:31 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Another Liu Song match from this weekend.

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2011, 20:04 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Some interesting developments surrounding the term "ping-pong."

Apparently Sandman Table Tennis, LLC, the group behind the "World Championship of Ping-Pong" is almost through the process of getting that name as a registered trademark. See document.

Meanwhile Indian Industries, doing business as Escalade Sports, is suing Sandman for infringing on their longstanding ping-pong trademark. See document.

Looks like the courts will have to decide whether or not "ping-pong" has finally become a generized term and thus lost its trademark protection.

Meanwhile, you might remember when the ITTF tried to strong-arm the WCOPP, threatening to forbid players to play unless the event organizers dropped "World Championship" from their name. Well, Sandman continues to use the name "World Championship of Ping Pong" and has apparently demanded $1 million from the ITTF if they want to secure the rights to "World Championship of Ping Pong."

Furthermore, they have filed a trademark infringement lawsuit against the ITTF (Sandman Table Tennis, LLC v. International Table Tennis Federation), but I have not yet gotten my hands on the complaint. Fun stuff.

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2011, 05:51 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein

I should have the new Joola Timeless anti in my hands within a day or two. This will give me three or four days to practice with it before a small non-USATT sanctioned club tournament I'm participating in. So no ratings points at stake, just bragging rights.

Anyway, twice I've played in rated tournaments with new equipment after briefly preparing only with a robot and performed hugely below expectations.

Have I learned my lesson?

Guess not, only this time I will make sure I get in some live training as well as robot time. As for the tournament, there is one dominant player whom no one except me has ever beaten, and I did it just once (wish I had that on video, best win ever). Anyway, they're all used to my LPs anyway, so I'm willing give it a shot.

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2011, 09:32 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
mynamenotbob wrote:
Some interesting developments surrounding the term "ping-pong."

Apparently Sandman Table Tennis, LLC, the group behind the "World Championship of Ping-Pong" is almost through the process of getting that name as a registered trademark. See document.

Meanwhile Indian Industries, doing business as Escalade Sports, is suing Sandman for infringing on their longstanding ping-pong trademark. See document.

Looks like the courts will have to decide whether or not "ping-pong" has finally become a generized term and thus lost its trademark protection.

Meanwhile, you might remember when the ITTF tried to strong-arm the WCOPP, threatening to forbid players to play unless the event organizers dropped "World Championship" from their name. Well, Sandman continues to use the name "World Championship of Ping Pong" and has apparently demanded $1 million from the ITTF if they want to secure the rights to "World Championship of Ping Pong."

Furthermore, they have filed a trademark infringement lawsuit against the ITTF (Sandman Table Tennis, LLC v. International Table Tennis Federation), but I have not yet gotten my hands on the complaint. Fun stuff.

Wow, someone taking the ITTF to court! That's worth watching!

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2011, 09:55 
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?

Blade: Juic Hinoki One Ply
FH: Tibhar 5Q
BH: Scandal
"Looks like the courts will have to decide whether or not "ping-pong" has finally become a generized term and thus lost its trademark protection."

About time. I don't know about other countries but in the US, except for the 8000 USATT registered players, it is "Ping Pong". The college where I coach has a "Ping Pong" tourney each month. Thats is how it is written on the notice board and flyers advertizing the tourney. On thier web site, they talk about the "Ping Pong" club, "Ping Pong" tables and free "Ping Pong" coaching.

In China, it is "Ping Pong". (or ping pang)

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2011, 11:58 
Freak of Nature!
Freak of Nature!

Here in Australia if you call it ping pong you are a goose so hopefully they bury that name in a legal mess where it belongs :up:

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2011, 16:03 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Superstar blade manufacturer Achim Rendler has been posting on the German forums about a new blade he's developed called the dream. He is really excited about this one...in fact it sounds almost too good to be true.

Basically this is what he's saying...

This blade is like a dream. Excellent for all game styles, doesn't matter if it's classical defense, doesn't matter if it's modern defense, doesn't matter if it's topspin and smash, doesn't matter if it's block, counter and smash!

Incredibly accurate whether you hit a drop shot or put it on the baseline. Constructed symmetrically so no special right-handed or left-handed versions necessary. Outrageous spin, more than three times as much as normal Re-Impact blades. Rubbers don't affect the speed of the other side so you don't need a combination blade. If you want a fast side, use a fast rubber, if you want a slow side, use a slow rubber. Perfect for material players, too, pips, anti, you name it. Yes, it's confusing, just like a dream and that's why this blade is called Re-Impact "Dream."

It's about 12mm thick with a 6mm balsa core and weighs 60-70 grams in small size, 65-75 grams in the medium size and 70-85 grams for the large size.

Normally you would have to pay 149 € for this amazing blade, BUT now you you can get this revolutionary breakthrough for the shocking unbelievably low price of just 119 €, however, you MUST ORDER BY DECEMBER 26. All orders after the deadline will be 149 €, which is still a bargain because it's worth 180 €.

The blade will arrive at your door sometime next year.

Step right up folks. Who will be the first one to try the ultimate blade?

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2011, 18:50 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

I enjoyed this video uploaded by MrVariatio on Nov 29, 2011

0:00 - 1:48: Bomb Talent OX, twiddling
1:48 - 6:15: Meteorite Soft 1,6mm, pimples topspin
6:15 - 9:39: Dornenglanz OX, chop blocking, opponent 1
9:39 - end: Dornenglanz OX, chop blocking, opponent 2

| My OOAK Interview

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2701 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 181  Next