OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 21:48

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: 15 Dec 2011, 06:15 
Super User

Blade: Dr. Neubauer Firewall +
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 05
BH: Spinlab Vortex 2.3
Well that's a little complicated. What I cited is an excerpt from the regularities of ITTF, you may read the leading number like a §. In some parts of Germany they apparently start enforcing this law by excluding modified blades from tournaments or games of higher leagues.
ITTF brands do not prevent being suspected of illegal modification. Being suspected, it is a matter of factual decision by the respective referee. I heard they are systematically teaching referees to identify modified blades.

PostPosted: 15 Dec 2011, 06:37 

Slick wrote:
Well that's a little complicated. What I cited is an excerpt from the regularities of ITTF, you may read the leading number like a §. In some parts of Germany they apparently start enforcing this law by excluding modified blades from tournaments or games of higher leagues.
ITTF brands do not prevent being suspected of illegal modification. Being suspected, it is a matter of factual decision by the respective referee. I heard they are systematically teaching referees to identify modified blades.

I hope that they will not taste my rubber, and they will not say this rubber is not bloody, It is well-done. :lol:

PostPosted: 15 Dec 2011, 06:43 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
Slick wrote:
Being suspected, it is a matter of factual decision by the respective referee. I heard they are systematically teaching referees to identify modified blades.

Plus Gester has a reputation of being creative with his material (burnt sponge, etc.), so officials target him a lot more than the average player.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 15 Dec 2011, 20:12 

mynamenotbob wrote:
Slick wrote:
Being suspected, it is a matter of factual decision by the respective referee. I heard they are systematically teaching referees to identify modified blades.

Plus Gester has a reputation of being creative with his material (burnt sponge, etc.), so officials target him a lot more than the average player.

You are right, but what will happen if any official anti sheet manufacturer will produce originally burnt sponge under their topsheet. Will this be legal? If not, what kind of reasons will ITTF find to ban? Is it have a smell?
All rubber have different materials, heat treatment, and burnt smell.
So, come on manufacturers to make official burnt sponge under the Nightmare.

PostPosted: 15 Dec 2011, 21:03 
Super User

As soon as ITTF certifies a rubber, it is legal as long as you do not manipulate it.
I am not sure, but I think to remember that you may change sponges but you may not change surface properties of topsheets.

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2011, 05:53 

Slick wrote:
As soon as ITTF certifies a rubber, it is legal as long as you do not manipulate it.
I am not sure, but I think to remember that you may change sponges but you may not change surface properties of topsheets.

Yes, you are right, that is the reason why the manufacturers should make originally burned sponge.
As the topspin attackers had a demand from manufacturers to accelerate(tensor rubbers) their topsheet after ban of harmful glue, me as a pushblocker I would like to tell to manufacturers: please be so kind to produce a sponge which suits my demand: very slow, and can make spin reversal.

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2011, 21:20 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2011, 07:00 

I do not know, only guess the guy in red Tshirt is playing with Neo Juice or Yasaka Anti Power. He has some really nice hit far from the table with him back hand or is it possible to do this with any other anti sheet also?

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2011, 07:11 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

pal wrote:
I do not know, only guess the guy in red Tshirt is playing with Neo Juice or Yasaka Anti Power. He has some really nice hit far from the table with him back hand or is it possible to do this with any other anti sheet also?

He plays with Dr. Neubauer Anti Special on the red side.

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2012, 07:04 
Super User

Blade: Victas Matsushita
FH: Joola Dynaryz ZGR
BH: Tibhar Grass DTecS
Hi Guys

Huth is a pretty useful player at his level in Germany. He uses his anti quite sparingly. I rather thought he was twiddling for some of those backhands. He is I believe a member of the noppentest website and posts on the forum about anti rubbers.

The atmosphere during that match and the one on the next table was very rowdy! It would be frowned upon in England. Perhaps it is why Germany is the preeminent table tennis nation in Europe! They seem to relish the cut and thrust of competitive play.

Bulldog.

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2012, 09:48 

Blade: Garaydia ZLC
FH: Dignics 05
BH: Dignics 09C
mynamenotbob wrote:

The Dr. Neubauer ABS anti rubber used against an opponent that insists on top spinning, to his ultimate detriment.

Interested in seeing more? For a YouTube playlist with the complete match, click here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7C419FCFF10B76F4

Beautiful video! I'm a darksider myself and I can totally relate to the poor fellow's frustration. Players who are clueless about the behaviour of the anti will have a hard time winning games. The anti player can even win games without going offensive, just twiddle every so often and your equipment will win the match for you on the opponent's mistakes. LOL

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2012, 14:10 
Super User

There is one thing I am wondering about: This obviously is from a club championate, even the final. I would assume, the two opponents know one another quite well, therefore. How can the looper be sooo helpless?

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2012, 22:17 
The EJ's Boogyman
The EJ's Boogyman

Slick wrote:
How can the looper be sooo helpless?

He was pretty helpless...and hopeless really. No footwork and very poor focus.

To be objective about things it really wasn't a very instructive match. The anti player kept blobbing up juicy balls but got away with it because of the weakness of his opponent. If the anti player played like that against someone even half-decent he would be in a lot of bother.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2012, 03:07 
Super User

Its extremely curious imo! I googled the club and identified at least the anti player from a team photo, probably also, but not absolutely certain, his opponent in the video playing in the same team. They play German Landesliga! This is the 6th league of a ca. 20-level system. In the recent past, I played quite a lot of Landesliga players in friendly matches. I won against many, but lost against more. These guys were really good! And those on the video appear so limited - I can't get that. Notice, they play in one of the regions known for highest level of its leagues (WTTV).

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2012, 09:25 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Nice compilation of frictionless anti players in action.

| My OOAK Interview

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next