OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 03:18

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: 16 Nov 2011, 22:33 

I have found them reliable.

USATT Rating: 1682

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2011, 01:24 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

leatherback wrote:
Quote:
Saviga V and hallmark phoenix are....IDENTICAL...same factory in china same mold....different stamp

Saviga V topsheet on a Giant Dragon Long Soft sponge would result in a Phoenix, then, but at about 25% of the cost. Has anyone tried this, or something like it?
I've never understood why Dawei combined the 388D with their dampening sponge (grass-20), instead of the softer and less grippy Saviga V. Would seem like a better combination (more like the Giant Dragon LPs)

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2011, 13:13 

All,

This is a very interesting subject because how do we know that the long pips manufacture did not change the label only.
The only way to find out, according to my opinion, is to put the pics of the pips on the microscope and look at it. Further more, if we have a long pips database which contains the actual " close up" picture of every pips, we would be able to distinct many of them.

Should we start one ?

byluu

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2011, 13:33 
Super User

Does anyone own a microscope? :?:

S#1: Joola Wing Passion Fast, FH: 729 Cream 2.2, BH: 802-40 2.
S#2: Joola Trix Medium, FH: Hurricane 3 Neo 2, BH: 279 FX Lightning 2.2.
S#3: Galaxy 896, , BH: Pro XP 2.FH: Pro XP 2.2
S#4: Senso Waldner Carbon, FH: Apollo I 2.2, BH: Blowfish Plush Short Pimple Tensor.

S#4: Giant Dragon Kris Special, FH: Giant Dragon TaiChi Soft, BH: Giant Dragon Meteorite Soft.

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2011, 09:11 
The aPPrentice
The aPPrentice

Velonstrials wrote:
Does anyone own a microscope? :?:

Yeah.

Broken though.

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2011, 20:26 
CTRL_ALT_Loop
CTRL_ALT_Loop

THE GAMEr wrote:
WOAH!!!!! I've heard of this eacheng place, but never looked at it. They have good prices....Any catch?

ilikepie wrote:
They only allow you to use internet explorer, so us poeple wih firefox are screwed for all eternity.

hookshot wrote:
Firefox and Internet Explorer both work just fine. :)

These (and a few other comments) seem to be about the same web store.

They state that the site only works with IE (which others have found is not so). To me it seems that it is mostly OK, except checkout of your order can be a bit troublesome (selecting your country from a list is mandatory, but sometimes there's no entries in the list), and order updating is not perfect (current items/cost is often off, in particular if you change number of items or delete from your shopping cart). Those things seem to work reliably when using IE. Regardless of browser, the amount is correct at checkout.

As for pricing, it's really good, and I agree that shipping/handling seems high, but the bottom line still looks good, and that's what matters.
Can't say anything about reliability when it comes to delivery, though, as I have yet to receive my first order. Comments from others here are reassuring...

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2012, 18:23 
CTRL_ALT_Loop
CTRL_ALT_Loop

Eacheng update: A few deliveries and some correspondence later, I find the service flawless. (Statement based on very short experience.) Packages submitted within 24 hours (according to international parcel tracking), and prompt email response.

Based on my (still very limited) experience they're faster, cheaper, and more reliable than our domestic shops (located in Norway). Not just faster in handling. Actual delivery time, measured from time of order to when it arrived at my post office, is better from Tianjin than from Oslo. (The domestic shops attribute the delay to stockout, but when checking, all items were marked as "in stock" even after I ordered and received the stockout message.) Not ordering from them anymore.

Sorry for drifting somewhat off topic, but I felt that my previous comment about Eacheng needed an update.

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2012, 07:48 
Super User

Blade: Matador Texa Carbon
FH: Gewo Proton Neo 450
BH: Desperado Reloaded OX
Any clone for Armstrong Twister????

Thank you.

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2012, 03:18 
Super User

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
Curl P1-r similar to Meteor 8512

No, not at all.

ilikepie wrote:
...Talon, 837 ... are control pips.

No, not at all.

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2012, 17:36 

Ozzie rooster said "Giant Dragon Long Talon Red OX similar to Tibhar D-Tecs Red OX (a littie slower, much cheaper)"

Can someone please tell me if i should 'avoid' buying black OX in either of these LP rubbers ?

My current set-up requires a black LP on my bh....hence, would Talon black OX play just as well as the red one ?
also , what black LP sheet in OX is generally regarded as 'better ' made than its red counterpart, if any ?

cheers and thanks to all.

:Chop: :topspin:

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2012, 18:36 
Super User

lookin for andro lp-22 identical

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2012, 06:41 

deva sarjan wrote:
lookin for andro lp-22 identical

Try meteor 845 ox, it has murder underspin and is easy to handle.
Best LP for defence stile.

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2012, 04:30 
Super User

cogito wrote:
RebornTTEvnglist wrote:

No, not at all.

ilikepie wrote:

No, not at all.

Friendship 837 is an attacking long pip-at this point why else use it-it lacks disruption unless you are hitting or punching with it.

Ian

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2012, 02:58 
Ping Pong Diplomat
Ping Pong Diplomat

Blade: Victas KMO
FH: Yasaka Rising Dragon
BH: Cloud and Fog III
ian demagi wrote:
cogito wrote:
RebornTTEvnglist wrote:

No, not at all.

ilikepie wrote:

No, not at all.

Friendship 837 is an attacking long pip-at this point why else use it-it lacks disruption unless you are hitting or punching with it.

Ian

friendship 837 is the second most common chopping pip used in china, the first being dawei 388d-1... these pips are chosen over every other pip including common ones and ones that are supposed to be the "best chopping pips out there"

837 is a pip that can be what ever u want it to be.....just like every other pip

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2012, 22:21 
Reverse Psychologist
Reverse Psychologist

Blade: Victas Matsushita Off
FH: Tibhar EL-s 1.9
BH: Victas Curl P1V 1.0
leatherback wrote:

friendship 837 is the second most common chopping pip used in china, the first being dawei 388d-1... these pips are chosen over every other pip including common ones and ones that are supposed to be the "best chopping pips out there"

837 is a pip that can be what ever u want it to be.....just like every other pip

hi Leatherback,

I like your quote that every pip can be whatever you want it to be. It's all a matter of practising, developing a style.

Any idea how common is Palio CK 531A in China? Third place? :P
(I like it for long distance chopping in ox, combined with close2table)

Pipsy

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!