OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:25

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 09 May 2012, 00:21 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Its interesting to watch the drills of another LP player. I'm sure there are a lot of us who don't do these kind of drills near enough, but then its hard to find people who want to feed you like this, so you have to force a lot of them into it within practice matches by stealth :P :lol: Nice videos coach! :up:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 09 May 2012, 00:31 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
Its interesting to watch the drills of another LP player. I'm sure there are a lot of us who don't do these kind of drills near enough, but then its hard to find people who want to feed you like this, so you have to force a lot of them into it within practice matches by stealth

That's the beauty of robots.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 10 May 2012, 01:55 
It is illogical to play with a uniform surface!

Coach^I have watched alot of your vidoes in the past ( told you once at the US OPEN) in Grand Rapids. Which by the way> will you be going this year?. I have plans to be there at least on Sunday. I once read about your motion with your really good and powerful backhand...something I am working on. As a 60+ age player I have found that I have to make some adjustments in my game. Also after looking at your really good training vidoes I was wondering if you trimmed your blade at all. I have tried it once and liked it. I was using a GD KRIS Blade which I trimmed smaller head size. I am now using a Donic Burn All+ with Talon ox on the BH. I will be testing the Cropcircles this weekend. I must say your BH pip hitting is a sight to see. Nice flow from the elbow..( i am still working on it. ) thanks again for your time and for posting these very helpful videos

Peace GIG
:rock: :Chop: :Chop:

New blade set-up... Nittaku Monophonic with Dawie 388d-1 ox and Big slam max ( really like this one) down to FH rubber selections--I like it better than talon
flaired handle and 90 grams

PostPosted: 10 May 2012, 05:58 

Hello,

I am using the Firewall at it's regular size. I did try the Giant Dragon Chris and liked it alot but it was to large for me on the forehand. I may try cutting the Chris blade down some as I really liked the way it played with the long pips. Believe me, I completely understand about making adjustments to one's game as we get older. Until five years ago, I played with inverted rubber and played a two-winged looping game. When both knees went bad, I had to completely learn a new game. I still teach with inverted most of the time.

In the 1970's, I was known for my backhand attack which in those days was mostly blocking and hitting. Even back then with inverted rubbers, I often mixed in a chop/block to good effect.

I am glad that you found the videos helpful.

Coach McAfee

Joola Badman OX
Joola Ultra Express 2.0

PostPosted: 10 May 2012, 11:46 
It is illogical to play with a uniform surface!

Thanks, I myself liked the DG Kris blade and made a template from a Ma LIN Soft carbon blade and the size was much better.
I still need to get some meat off the blade heal so I can flip. Not a bad blade. I also put a sheet of CropCircles ox with the glue sheet
on my Burn All+ and hit with my robot. It does chop really well slightly off the table and is faster than Talon ( without glue sheet) on
the same blade. COntrol was also very good. I will work it at home until Tuesday and give it a go at the club. I still move well and
can chop good from mid distance. i have been using more attack on my LP and trying some flipping as well.. My chop block is pretty good
as well ( years of FOOSEBALL in Germany). What I am trying to do down the road is to take some videos and post them to get some reviews
and comments. I have found this forum is a wealth of information as well as great training ideas and videos...Again I say Thanks for sharing.

Peace GIG
:Chop: :Chop: :rock:

New blade set-up... Nittaku Monophonic with Dawie 388d-1 ox and Big slam max ( really like this one) down to FH rubber selections--I like it better than talon
flaired handle and 90 grams

PostPosted: 11 May 2012, 05:33 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
Coach, what are your tactics against a player with a strong backhand, where the backhand-to-backhand exchange doesn't work so well?

Also any special advice for playing aggressive penholders?

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 12 May 2012, 13:45 

Hello,

I have been traveling all day to Atlanta and will begin conducting a week-long ITTF-PPT Level 1 Course tomorrow. I will try to compose an answer for your questions but it will probably be a few days before I have time. These coaching courses are intense and I will not have much time until I am finished on May 16.

Thanks,

Coach McAfee

Joola Badman OX
Joola Ultra Express 2.0

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2013, 02:45 

Hi,
Thank god I found this thread!
I moved to long pimples since Friday and needed some of those videos! So I can look at the tecnique you're using and the drills to help improving!

New/alternative/fun equipment:
coming soon