OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 13:28

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: 20 Aug 2012, 22:42 
Ping Pong Diplomat
Ping Pong Diplomat

Blade: Victas KMO
FH: Yasaka Rising Dragon
BH: Cloud and Fog III
Pipsy wrote:
leatherback wrote:

friendship 837 is the second most common chopping pip used in china, the first being dawei 388d-1... these pips are chosen over every other pip including common ones and ones that are supposed to be the "best chopping pips out there"

837 is a pip that can be what ever u want it to be.....just like every other pip

hi Leatherback,

I like your quote that every pip can be whatever you want it to be. It's all a matter of practising, developing a style.

Any idea how common is Palio CK 531A in China? Third place? :P
(I like it for long distance chopping in ox, combined with close2table)

Pipsy

palio is the choice for close to the table players....usually by penhold players on the forehand....

for long distance defense it is adequate, just like every other long pip.

Long and soft pips (such as palio) give very wierd balls when side swiped or brushed, which allows for a very effective combination game close to the table.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2012, 23:17 
Reverse Psychologist
Reverse Psychologist

Blade: Victas Matsushita Off
FH: Tibhar EL-s 1.9
BH: Victas Curl P1V 1.0
leatherback wrote:
Pipsy wrote:
leatherback wrote:

friendship 837 is the second most common chopping pip used in china, the first being dawei 388d-1... these pips are chosen over every other pip including common ones and ones that are supposed to be the "best chopping pips out there"

837 is a pip that can be what ever u want it to be.....just like every other pip

hi Leatherback,

I like your quote that every pip can be whatever you want it to be. It's all a matter of practising, developing a style.

Any idea how common is Palio CK 531A in China? Third place? :P
(I like it for long distance chopping in ox, combined with close2table)

Pipsy

palio is the choice for close to the table players....usually by penhold players on the forehand....

Long and soft pips (such as palio) give very wierd balls when side swiped or brushed, which allows for a very effective combination game close to the table.

I see you changed to Curl P1r with thick sponge. Must be quite a huge adjustement. Are you developing another style?
Pipsy

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2012, 00:31 
Ping Pong Diplomat
Ping Pong Diplomat

Blade: Victas KMO
FH: Yasaka Rising Dragon
BH: Cloud and Fog III
Pipsy wrote:

Long and soft pips (such as palio) give very wierd balls when side swiped or brushed, which allows for a very effective combination game close to the table.[/quote]

I see you changed to Curl P1r with thick sponge. Must be quite a huge adjustement. Are you developing another style?
Pipsy[/quote]

not as much adjustment as you would think...the technique never changes, only the feel

coach says switch....i switch....lol

he wants more heavy chop and much more hit with the pips as opposed to block.....

my style should remain the same except with much more close to the table hitting and less blocking, but my chop block has been slowly being removed from my game for a while now, i only use it now against a serve to drop it short, otherwise unless its perfect, i am a sitting duck.....and even if it is perfect, i usually hit or loop the next ball anyway. because chop block repeatedly is a recipe for failure for me.

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2012, 22:45 

Hi all,
I know this is a big ask, but could someone please make a list so that both existing and future readers can obtain the information more easily. Stuff like this is too good to miss. It is fine as it is now, but this is just a suggestion to make everybody's life a tad easier.
Thanks.

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2012, 06:53 
Reverse Psychologist
Reverse Psychologist

Blade: Victas Matsushita Off
FH: Tibhar EL-s 1.9
BH: Victas Curl P1V 1.0
thettnovice wrote:
Hi all,
I know this is a big ask, but could someone please make a list so that both existing and future readers can obtain the information more easily. Stuff like this is too good to miss. It is fine as it is now, but this is just a suggestion to make everybody's life a tad easier.
Thanks.

Euhm, why don't you try making one yourself based on the info at all posts in this thread? The mods will bring it to the beginning of the thread if you ask them to!

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2014, 14:48 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Anyone ever try this stuff?

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product ... 21960.html

I actually bought a sheet of it in Singapore a LONG time ago (mid-80s). I recently found the blade to which it was attached, the rubber has melted to a goo!

NOT on the ITTF list, but for that price, worth getting another sheet just to see what it's like. I doubt something like this would be legal these days..

Iskandar

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2014, 17:03 
CTRL_ALT_Loop
CTRL_ALT_Loop

iskandar taib wrote:
NOT on the ITTF list, but for that price, worth getting another sheet just to see what it's like. I doubt something like this would be legal these days...

No mention of "Yung" on the list of authorised rubbers, as you also have found.
From the pictures it looks like the pimples are "reverse cone" shaped, which is not allowed. That appearance may be caused by perspective distortion, but if pictures are true, that rubber will not pass current tests for approval.

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2014, 14:02 
Super User

anyone knows a cheap alternative for Hallmark Friction Special 2?

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2014, 17:01 
CTRL_ALT_Loop
CTRL_ALT_Loop

fazer227 wrote:
anyone knows a cheap alternative for Hallmark Friction Special 2?

IIRC, the Milky Way (YinHe) Neptune is similar.

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2014, 01:04 

DHS cloud & cog 3 is a bit similar to Tibhar Grass D.tes, as they have large pips, the speed is fast, moreover, and very deceptive, amazing wobbling effect

PostPosted: 19 Aug 2014, 07:41 
Freak of Nature!
Freak of Nature!

I played a good push blocker this weekend who usually plays with dtecs. He was using snowflake now. He said it's just as good.

He beat me with snowflake the first day. I went home and put Dr evil on my bh of another blade as all lp players seem to hate dr evil.

Came back the next day and beat him for the first time in my life (with Dr evil ox bh). But snowflake was good. Good effects. He was using it on a TSP 2.5 (maybe 3.5) but pretty sure a 2.5. I touched the pips, crazy soft, almost like they were made from jelly. Never felt another lp so soft. Felt like plenty of grip on the pips too but the reversal was very good.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2016, 00:44 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

ilikepie wrote:
Velonstrials wrote:
Does anyone own a microscope? :?:

Yeah.

Broken though.

No, but I do have access to some. With cameras, too.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2016, 06:49 

I use Scylla Sword LP's Ox and really love them. At $9 a sheet you can't beat the price.

PostPosted: 11 May 2016, 17:19 
Super User

I'm going to give Dawei 388d-1 and Globe 979 a try in my modern defence chopping game, just because they are cheap to play around with! :)

Can anyone compare these two rubbers to one of the more expensive ones?

PostPosted: 11 May 2016, 17:44 
Super User

leatherback wrote:

So Dawei 388d-1 is used for chopping more so than 388d? Why is that? I've seen most threads saying that the 388d is the more chopping rubber?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next