OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 07:35

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2012, 11:53 
Super User

Blade: Hugo Calderano OFF+
FH: Hexer Powergrip 2.1
BH: Hexer Powergrip 2.1
Haha yeah, Something like that. I do think that the Bluefire will be better for me from what other people on the interwebs have been saying about Bluefire and Rasant. But then again you really have to have a go at it to see what works. I like the T05fx a lot, so I should be able to see what the feel difference is between the 3 and give a comparison from a tenergy users perspective. I'm looking for a replacement for the Joola Express Two I have on my BH, as I dont like the feel of it, not enough touch and dwell for me compared to the T05fx when I swap between the two for testing, it also feels less spinny on the loops or serves. So what ever the better rubber is, bluefire or rasant, I'll migrate to that one for my BH... Alternatively I could just buy another sheet of T05fx, but this is more fun... and educational. At least thats my excuse.

I was lucky that my spare gfx card sold... so now I can blow that (spare) cash on the rubbers :lol:
Like a boss Equipment Junkie

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2012, 16:16 
Roar Talent
Roar Talent

Blade: Tiago Apolonia ZLC
FH: Rhyzer 50
BH: Donic Acuda Blue P3
Looking forward for the review apophis! :D

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2012, 01:03 

apophis wrote:
Haha yeah, Something like that. I do think that the Bluefire will be better for me from what other people on the interwebs have been saying about Bluefire and Rasant. But then again you really have to have a go at it to see what works. I like the T05fx a lot, so I should be able to see what the feel difference is between the 3 and give a comparison from a tenergy users perspective. I'm looking for a replacement for the Joola Express Two I have on my BH, as I dont like the feel of it, not enough touch and dwell for me compared to the T05fx when I swap between the two for testing, it also feels less spinny on the loops or serves. So what ever the better rubber is, bluefire or rasant, I'll migrate to that one for my BH... Alternatively I could just buy another sheet of T05fx, but this is more fun... and educational. At least thats my excuse.

I was lucky that my spare gfx card sold... so now I can blow that (spare) cash on the rubbers :lol:
Like a boss Equipment Junkie

It's a long time now,"apophis", since this post, so hopefully you're ready to let us know your opinion of the differences between bluefire m1 and rasant . i'm realy interested in a comparison between these 2 rubbers,are there real differences here,more than just the color of the sponges?

it would be much appreciated if anyone with experience with these two rubbers would share his views with us,thank you!

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2012, 12:43 
Super User

Blade: Hugo Calderano OFF+
FH: Hexer Powergrip 2.1
BH: Hexer Powergrip 2.1
I did get a hit with the Rasant the other month and it felt good, I didn't get the Blue fire as when I ordered them the rubbers where lost in post so when I got my money back from the seller I got a fully bty set up as in my sig I got a sheet as a tester from someone else at the club as they didnt like it.

The Rasant I used was pretty fast, at least 2.1m sponge when I measured it with the ruler. It felt springy and was more difficult to play on the short game then T64, as the ball seemed to ping off the rubber quicker, I dont know if its the tension effect on the topsheet or something different. When you can engage the sponge by hitting harder strokes it felt similar to T64, fast, spinny... Though I still found the T64 easier on the short game. Again both are fast rubbers so I'm unsure what the difference is with the Rasant to make it more difficult playing the same short strokes, the Rasant does feel faster on the TB-ALC. Serving I found did not have too much of a difference, maybe a little less spin, but not really much to make a huge difference. Playing back from the table the two rubbers feel much the same on the strokes, with the Rasant seeming to have a flatter trajectory of the bat and a little less topspin on the ball.

It really depends of your game, I think that if people are topspinning the ball heavily, the better rubbers would be the T05 or T64 compared to the Rasant. The Rasant is feels more suited for a counter hitting and flat driving/hitting sort of game to me. It may suit some punch backhand players as well where the speed is likely going to be more of an advantage, or maybe even suit some backhands of players.

Over all I found the Rasant a little less forgiving on stroke play, but I think with more time to adjust and get used to the rubber it would be a fine rubber in its own right.

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2012, 20:21 

thank you "apophis".if you'll ever happen to have a hit with Donic bluefire m1 as well, it 'll be interesting to read your comparison with rasant.

can anybody else contribute his knowladge about this Rasant vs bluefire m1 issue?

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2012, 13:58 
Freak of Nature!
Freak of Nature!

I play against Rasant pretty much every time I play so I'm getting quite used to what it can and can't do. It's very good at lifting heavy backspin and doing it easily, it suits guys that can use the extreme bounce of the rubber to make heavy spin with that bounce, not to go forward, but to make spin with the bounce in diagonals out of the sponge. Guys that don't hit the ball at 50,000 miles per hour or depend on the blade for spin but rather work with the sponge to get spin. Good level players that don't hit hard, who can control it, that's who it works well for.

I still like the feel of Rasant more than T05, T05 always feels somehow "mushy" to me. Then again I can't really control either :rofl: unless I use them on the forehand and I'm not going to do that.

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2012, 04:58 

elganu wrote:
thank you "apophis".if you'll ever happen to have a hit with Donic bluefire m1 as well, it 'll be interesting to read your comparison with rasant.

can anybody else contribute his knowladge about this Rasant vs bluefire m1 issue?

bump.

nobody else?

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2012, 06:02 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

I have used BF M2 for a week or so after several years of T05. (I bought this in a shop in Cologne Germany that is owned by Jorg Rosskopf's brother!) Mine is red, max thickness on forehand. The bottom line is that M2 is the first " T05 alternative" I have tried that is acceptable, this after 4+ years with T05 and after spending way too much money on alternatives that I ripped off my blade in disgust, sometimes after just five minutes of play (see below).

M2 doesn't feel exactly like T05. It is a touch slower, and the ball feels different. Not worse, just different. It is an excellent feel, though. Some people have described it as more "liquid" and that is about right, as if the top sheet is more pliant. The thing is, if you are used to T05, you can play exactly the same way, and play just as well without having to make many adjustments at all. You can get the same high arc spins, you can use pretty much the same racket angles. I have not found that to be the case with any of the "alternatives" that have been touted over the last several years. If I had to cite differences, I would be that M2 does not feel quite as nice as T05 on blocks (although I certainly made the shot just as well), and it really shines on opening loops against underspin, or counterloops. It could be that M1 would be better in that regard, I haven't tried it yet.

It has a very strong smell -- exactly the same smell as the Dandoy Bio Boost and the Tibhar booster -- and there is no doubt that it comes heavily factory-tuned. Some people have said that they actually like it better after some of that tuning wears off. I will report later how that goes. But if performance declines, well I will know how to bring it back.

Rasant is not one of the alternatives I've tried, so I can't compare. But I have tried Hexer, Rhyzm, Vega, Baracuda, Acuda S1, Genius, Adidas P7, and a bunch of others that I can't remember just now, along with a bunch of tensors from the days before I used Tenergy. (Back in the day I used Bryce very heavily speed glued). Among the non-tensors, Calibra LT was not a terrible rubber, but too fast for my liking. Some of the Boost series felt ok, but I didn't feel like my shots had much penetration. None of these rubbers could really be described as a Tenergy alternative for people who really like Tenergy.

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2012, 10:16 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
Thank you for the write up Baal. Looking forward to your reviews of M1, M3 and Rasant.

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2012, 20:43 

I dont like Ten05 fx, too soft, too slow.
Just take a hard, max Ten05, or Raza or HexerHD are also good

- blade= MaLong PG7-506:999$
- FH= TG3NeoBS Nat:95$
- BH= Ten05 Pro Max:80$
- Shoes= BTY EnergyForceV:200$
- Socks= 2xTihbarCool:20$
- Short= BTY Boxer:25$
- Tshirt= ChineseCNT:50$

PostPosted: 03 Oct 2012, 11:28 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

M2 is good. But I am back with T05. In the end I still like it better. If money was tighter I would stick with the M2. I am guessing that I would prefer M1 but haven't tried it yet and don't have plans anytime soon.

PostPosted: 03 Oct 2012, 16:50 
The Unprogrammable Player

I've tried the M1 for 5 minutes and didn't like it :D that was because I didn't like the blade / rubber combo, but my team mate & coach & one of the best players in the country decided to stick with it. He played it on BH mostly, but in general he alternated between BH and FH in training.
It was really hard for me to play against M1, balls seemed really fast and with good spin. In general he liked the rubber, but.. First bubbles showed after 2.5 weeks of playing (~45 hours).
I'm wondering how my M3 will be doing (ordered, still waiting for the rubber).

3) Ross Leidy "White Shadow" / P1R (1,3) / Hexer PS (1,7)

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2012, 18:34 
The Unprogrammable Player

Tried M3 my self. I will not double post, so you will have to read my thoughts on M3 in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19868&p=232503#p232503

3) Ross Leidy "White Shadow" / P1R (1,3) / Hexer PS (1,7)